Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
And doesn’t have the big boy football experience either. Dabo had it as a player and as a coach

Chadwell's rise is similar to Hugh Freeze. Although Freeze did have some SEC experience as an assistant. Both won big in the sun belt. Freeze wasn't looked at as a great hire at the time. Most people thought he needed another year or two at that level before the SEC. But he was ready to compete at this level.

I think Chadwell is a similar risk. Learning more about him, I don't know if it will be too big for him, but I like his personality and could see him not being fazed. There is a precedent for this type of hire and I would love to see us swing for the fences.

For you Chadwell’s offense won’t work in SEC or he runs the triple option blah blah...

Poster on VQ dug up these stats...

Chadwell's Coastal QB Grayson McCall

19th Nationally in Passing Yards
12th Nationally in Completion %
8th Nationally in Yards Per Attempt
10th Nationally in Passing TD's
6th Nationally in QB Rating

You are acting like as long as the offense is balanced it can't be a gimmick offense. It's still a gimmick offense.

We will be the only team in the SEC running the triple option. Sprinkling in a bunch of RPO or one read down field passes does not magically transform the offense into something that isn't a gimmick.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I don’t think it’s Chadwell with no mention of Chaney wanting out

I really hope it’s not Marrone unless there’s an ace staff already in line to be hired. Top to bottom.

Still makes no sense why Pruitt is in on the hires when they’re trying to fire him. Makes me think they’re scraping the barrel and gonna come up short.

I'm going to try to do a recap of what we know and why I think it is still true Pruitt is going to be fired (and likely this week.)

Every reputable insider we have, from Volquest (both staff and posters), 247, Basilio, Chris Low, etc. all say Pruitt's fate will be determined by what is found in the investigation.

If you accept that as fact, and we have no reason not to, let's take a look at what would need to be found to fire Pruitt for cause.

image0.png

Now, here's what we know about the investigation from reputable reporting:
1) Some undisclosed impermissible benefit to Eric Gray. We know this because he sat out the Texas A&M game. It has also been reported that this was minor and he likely would have played the next week if there was a game.
2) We have likely been paying for hotels for prospects on unofficial visits - we don't know the full scope of this just yet.
3) Undisclosed impermissible benefit to Amarius Mims - likely large enough for Georgia to take the risk of ratting us out.

There are also rumors swirling about other issues, but they have not been confirmed (yet):
1) Neidermeyer and Pruitt were found to have burner phones they didn't disclose to compliance.
2) Undisclosed impermissible benefits to Darnell Washington - likely large enough for Georgia to take the risk of ratting us out.
3) Georgia fans have run with a story that we gave Mims a credit card and let him spend whatever he wanted at a strip club.
4) Assistant coaches gave Maurer and Gray access to a credit card to host players on visits.

When you look at what we know as fact (the first column), it is very easy to get to a point in which we have committed either a Level I or Level II violation, and probably a handful of them, at least. Add into this the fact that Jeremy Pruitt is 16-19 as a head coach here, we're not letting him hire coaches, he is not well liked in the building, and half the boosters already want him gone, and it is very easy to see the path this is road is going down. It is just a matter of time.

I really hope it’s not Marrone unless there’s an ace staff already in line to be hired. Top to bottom.

Still makes no sense why Pruitt is in on the hires when they’re trying to fire him. Makes me think they’re scraping the barrel and gonna come up short.
I think it's Marrone. AP said yesterday that hiring Steele is a snag for Chadwell. I believe if Pruitt is about to be fired that they'll announce Marrone, and possibly on the same day. Steele as DC.

Reactions: MrVolton
You are acting like as long as the offense is balanced it can't be a gimmick offense. It's still a gimmick offense.

We will be the only team in the SEC running the triple option. Sprinkling in a bunch of RPO or one read down field passes does not magically transform the offense into something that isn't a gimmick.
You’ve been on the Chip Kelley and Chris Petersen train before. Not that there’s anything wrong with that...

There's a difference in not spending money and going over in front of Neyland with a bullhorn making an ass of yourself. Right?

They weren't unruly or anything. Peaceful, if you wish. Unless you just had an issue with what they were saying. First time in 15 years they seemed to have listened. I won't be out there, but i won't have a problem if people do. Especially, if you roll out Marrone. The administration has has more than made an "a$$" of themselves with the way they've tried to run this thing for the past decade. I think the perception of 3-7 is a lot worse than some fans going over on the hill objecting a hire.

Also, the fact you want to cherry pick one thing that the bad "fans" did is quite funny considering all of the dumba$$ery on the hill for 10 years. You one of those it's the fans fault people?

Chadwell's rise is similar to Hugh Freeze. Although Freeze did have some SEC experience as an assistant. Both won big in the sun belt. Freeze wasn't looked at as a great hire at the time. Most people thought he needed another year or two at that level before the SEC. But he was ready to compete at this level.

I think Chadwell is a similar risk. Learning more about him, I don't know if it will be too big for him, but I like his personality and could see him not being fazed. There is a precedent for this type of hire and I would love to see us swing for the fences.

Good post no doubt

I'm going to try to do a recap of what we know and why I think it is still true Pruitt is going to be fired (and likely this week.)

Every reputable insider we have, from Volquest (both staff and posters), 247, Basilio, Chris Low, etc. all say Pruitt's fate will be determined by what is found in the investigation.

If you accept that as fact, and we have no reason not to, let's take a look at what would need to be found to fire Pruitt for cause.

View attachment 338558

Now, here's what we know about the investigation from reputable reporting:
1) Some undisclosed impermissible benefit to Eric Gray. We know this because he sat out the Texas A&M game. It has also been reported that this was minor and he likely would have played the next week if there was a game.
2) We have likely been paying for hotels for prospects on unofficial visits - we don't know the full scope of this just yet.
3) Undisclosed impermissible benefit to Amarius Mims - likely large enough for Georgia to take the risk of ratting us out.

There are also rumors swirling about other issues, but they have not been confirmed (yet):
1) Neidermeyer and Pruitt were found to have burner phones they didn't disclose to compliance.
2) Undisclosed impermissible benefits to Darnell Washington - likely large enough for Georgia to take the risk of ratting us out.
3) Georgia fans have run with a story that we gave Mims a credit card and let him spend whatever he wanted at a strip club.
4) Assistant coaches gave Maurer and Gray access to a credit card to host players on visits.

When you look at what we know as fact (the first column), it is very easy to get to a point in which we have committed either a Level I or Level II violation, and probably a handful of them, at least. Add into this the fact that Jeremy Pruitt is 16-19 as a head coach here, we're not letting him hire coaches, he is not well liked in the building, and half the boosters already want him gone, and it is very easy to see the path this is road is going down. It is just a matter of time.

Why is he hiring people if he’s not coming back

i think there is a chance that it could be to keep Pruitt from filing any kind of wrongful termination comeback. If you are not letting him do his job then i think it could get tricky if in fact they are trying to fire for cause. Total guess tho.

i think it’s going to be

Marrone HC
Chaney Oc
Steele DC
Garner Dl

And tee and jayG stay on staff

I mean Freeze went from Lambuth to Arky state to winning big at Ole Miss. Freeze only coached one year at Ark state and they went 10-2. I don't see why it would be impossible for Chadwell to do it here.

Could he win? Sure anyone could but it’s a different animal making the jump he would make. I think odd would be very much against him succeeding. He needs to go somewhere to get acclimated to recruiting on power 5 level. Freeze worked for Coach O at Ole Miss and learned how to recruit in this league. It’s a culture shock to those that have not seen what goes on to recruit at the level required in this conference.

Reactions: Tnfan41
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back