Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope whoever they hire ( if Pruitt is fired ) that these idiots don't run over there and try to start another protest. The first one with Schiano, I get but this time the damage will be everlasting
You can’t damage this program any more. There is nothing else below where we are from a losing and ineptitude perspective.

No clue what kind of a coach Marrone is but he definitely strikes me as a guy you’d want to grab a beer with.

I think he’d do well as a recruiter.
Could see him using a variation of the old Buford T. Justice line on the recruiting trail.
"Give me a bologna sandwich and a Dr. Pepper I'm in a *** **** hurry!!"

I'm going to try to do a recap of what we know and why I think it is still true Pruitt is going to be fired (and likely this week.)

Every reputable insider we have, from Volquest (both staff and posters), 247, Basilio, Chris Low, etc. all say Pruitt's fate will be determined by what is found in the investigation.

If you accept that as fact, and we have no reason not to, let's take a look at what would need to be found to fire Pruitt for cause.

View attachment 338558

Now, here's what we know about the investigation from reputable reporting:
1) Some undisclosed impermissible benefit to Eric Gray. We know this because he sat out the Texas A&M game. It has also been reported that this was minor and he likely would have played the next week if there was a game.
2) We have likely been paying for hotels for prospects on unofficial visits - we don't know the full scope of this just yet.
3) Undisclosed impermissible benefit to Amarius Mims - likely large enough for Georgia to take the risk of ratting us out.

There are also rumors swirling about other issues, but they have not been confirmed (yet):
1) Neidermeyer and Pruitt were found to have burner phones they didn't disclose to compliance.
2) Undisclosed impermissible benefits to Darnell Washington - likely large enough for Georgia to take the risk of ratting us out.
3) Georgia fans have run with a story that we gave Mims a credit card and let him spend whatever he wanted at a strip club.
4) Assistant coaches gave Maurer and Gray access to a credit card to host players on visits.

When you look at what we know as fact (the first column), it is very easy to get to a point in which we have committed either a Level I or Level II violation, and probably a handful of them, at least. Add into this the fact that Jeremy Pruitt is 16-19 as a head coach here, we're not letting him hire coaches, he is not well liked in the building, and half the boosters already want him gone, and it is very easy to see the path this is road is going down. It is just a matter of time.
Good post.

i think there is a chance that it could be to keep Pruitt from filing any kind of wrongful termination comeback. If you are not letting him do his job then i think it could get tricky if in fact they are trying to fire for cause. Total guess tho.
You people will talk yourselves into believing any scenario as long as it fits what you want to happen. Pruitt won't be fired.

You people will talk yourselves into believing any scenario as long as it fits what you want to happen. Pruitt won't be fired.
And you will talk yourself out of anyway that Pruitt will be back here just to give you that post of saying “i told you so”.

There are far more signs of Pruitt not being back than being our coach moving forward.

You are acting like as long as the offense is balanced it can't be a gimmick offense. It's still a gimmick offense.

We will be the only team in the SEC running the triple option. Sprinkling in a bunch of RPO or one read down field passes does not magically transform the offense into something that isn't a gimmick.

It does throw a huge wrench in the conference though. It's something totally different that teams will have to prepare specifically for.

If we could accept the fact that we won't ever get the same caliber of talent as Bama or even UGA, Chadwell runs the kind of offense that gives you a chance in these kinda games. Every week you've got a shot.

And if he does eventually get those type of players? We could start smashing people.

I'd still love to see them roll out Gus and Steele follow him to UT...if we're going to take a retread at least get one with a SEC title to his name.

But after watching Coastal play a few games I'm completely fine with giving Chadwell his shot if you're looking for the "next big thing" he may be the guy, I'm shocked he's not had more opportunities at this level to coach. I think it may just be he wants to be a HC and wasn't willing to take lesser positions just to get a G5 or P5 gig.
My guess is Gus doesn’t want Kevin behind him or anywhere within his line of sight.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Hopefully Fulmer slides Steele in as an "analysts" then bumps him to HC if he can't save Pruitt. The tennessee way. Remember UT is serious about winning.

I'm not a fan of Marrone or Chadwell but I'm at thispoint I take them. We have fallen so far behind and now I'm willing to settle for Marrone. It isn't going to be a great hire

he’s still interviewing folks any way you look at it. So either they’re keeping him busy or he just really loves to be here
1) He probably doesn't want to be fired.
2) He's not sure he's going to be fired.
3) If he is fired, he wants to give the appearance he kept doing his job so the buyout negotiations go his way.

Could he win? Sure anyone could but it’s a different animal making the jump he would make. I think odd would be very much against him succeeding. He needs to go somewhere to get acclimated to recruiting on power 5 level. Freeze worked for Coach O at Ole Miss and learned how to recruit in this league. It’s a culture shock to those that have not seen what goes on to recruit at the level required in this conference.
Freeze was the TE's coach for one year at Ole Miss. I'm not sure how much that prepared him

You people will talk yourselves into believing any scenario as long as it fits what you want to happen.

It’s comical.

Someone will bring a fake insider “poster from TOS” post over here and it’ll be discussed for 20 pages and sometimes quoted as gospel henceforth.

Someone will then post a AP/Hubbs quote that doesn’t suit the narrative and it’s dismissed as them “carrying water for Pruitt” or them not doing their job.

Could he win? Sure anyone could but it’s a different animal making the jump he would make. I think odd would be very much against him succeeding. He needs to go somewhere to get acclimated to recruiting on power 5 level. Freeze worked for Coach O at Ole Miss and learned how to recruit in this league. It’s a culture shock to those that have not seen what goes on to recruit at the level required in this conference.

Lol maybe this experience is what led Freeze down the wrong path

i think it’s going to be

Marrone HC
Chaney Oc
Steele DC
Garner Dl

And tee and jayG stay on staff

What is funny about the responses is if you change the name at the top there are posters would be excited about that staff but since it says Marrone they then bash the rest of the group despite their history suggesting that is a staff that can win a lot of games in this league with a leader in charge of them letting them do their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back