Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to wanya. If ya don’t want to be here, then leave and free up a scholly. Not sure if it was will friend or him being a bit of a bust but it’s whatever. Jahmir Johnson was a better player this year

So apparently the paid players are now leaving. There was no loyalty or love of school, then. We are just going to have to rebuild from the bottom. Easier said then done, but we need a coach like Barnes, who will be loved and can coach kids up. They are out there.

Guys and gals, there is clearly a plan. Relax. It will be fine.
There's really no plan that makes the optics of what is happening acceptable.

Like I said earlier, even if this investigation was always going to take this long to complete, they should have given a statement about Pruitt being retained barring the investigation results. There is no scenario where leaving Pruitt dangling in the wind for this long is the best strategy.

Reactions: volsfan_17
At this point, you can’t lay more blame on Pruitt. Maybe they know what they are doing, but the administration is causing this now. Some players without position coaches, and hires can’t be made. Just make a damn decision.

This. They've made it to a point where I see no way you bring him back. Everyone in media is saying he's gone, how could he recruit or get any sort of staff with that hanging over his head (if you brought him back)? Now they're dragging the University through the mud with the investigation, which has to be a red flag for any potential hire plus he's coming into a barren roster with others probably leaving once they officially for Pruitt.

If we make a change (can't believe I'm saying if but somehow it hasn't happened yet), I don't see it being a guy who fires up the fan base. They have an obvious choice with Freeze but I'm not sure there's enough competence in the AD to make a positive choice. I'm afraid it's a retread (Malzahn), total shot in the dark (Chadwell) or a McGoogle hire. I can't imagine coaches will line up to work for this administration

Thamel on Finebaum:
  • Looks like trying to sabotage own coach to save $12M;
  • Long term - Pruitt doesn't survive
  • This is what happens when you hire Fulmer as AD with no experience
  • Very predictable.
Finebaum: What is the end game?

Thamel: Have to decide - do we want Fulmer. New President has inherited a complex situation due to the extensions and raises with Pruitt and Fulmer. Tennessee is like the Saturday Night Live skit of the SEC. What is Tennessee doing? Clearly no direction. Whether its days weeks or months, cannot see a path where Pruitt survives this.

He implied a lot relating to UT leadership without directly saying they are imbeciles.

Post 67,231 in this thread will read:

“I know pruitts buyout is $65 million, but we need to move on. He can’t keep starting JG. We’re 3-5 with losses to Oregon St and Akron. I know the 11 pick 6’s this year were bad play calls, but I think we need to put in Simpson and the other freshman in and play for next year. Also, I saw Gruden in downtown Knoxville last night wearing all orange TIFWIW”

Anyone got any other predictions??? 🤣

Post 67,231:

He interferes with everything else. Why wouldn't he interfere with the new counsel too?

1610148123773.gif

Last edited:
The way the national media is beginning to circle the waters is going to put pressure on plowman to do something. That’s a good thing for us right now.
I honestly don't see us being a serviceable team for atleast 3-5 years, if not longer. Fulmer was a disaster hire, and needs replaced with Pruitt

Have talked to a media buddy in Georgia and he told me to watch for Wanya Morris to hit the portal today.

We shall see.
👇 is this where the Wanya rumor got started?

Check the stats.

I see you have also edited your post, @HoleInTheRoof. If you’re going to keep track of everyone else’s posts, why not a little honesty about your own?

Reactions: crazyguy and ugg
So apparently the paid players are now leaving. There was no loyalty or love of school, then. We are just going to have to rebuild from the bottom. Easier said then done, but we need a coach like Barnes, who will be loved and can coach kids up. They are out there.
He almost bailed on us for UCLA..... even he didn’t love our school

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back