Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect very important news 4:25 today. Something a lot of you have been waiting on is going to happen.
I think it will be late next week at the earliest before there is any clarity because they are scheduled to interview people for the investigation next week.
-Hubbs

He understands successful recruiting in the SEC. In that sense, it isn't a risky hire at all. That is the only thing we knew for sure about Pruitt when we hired him. The successful HC ability he has shown is just icing on the cake by comparison.
I don’t buy that you have to understand recruiting in the SEC to recruit at Tennessee. We will always bill able to get good players no matter who the coaches. We just need them to get the right players that fit what they want to do. We’ve struggled with that for a long time.

Imagine it. Its 630PM January 9th, 2021. Pruitt gets fired & there is an energy in the air. An energy we haven't seen in a while because of the possibility of bringing in a Lane Kiffin or Hugh Freeze to come in, score some points and win games. Established coaches who have won in the SEC who have a passion, a fire for this league. But then? Leaks begin to trickle out. Jimmy Hyams reports Bill Bellicheck has accepted an offer, Austin Price is seen screaming at fans on VolQuest and Rob Lewis is recording a podcast with Kermit the Frog talking about how COVID-19 is a hoax. Something isn't right....

Then! A tweet from the official Vol Football account pops up, Welcome To Rocky Top! We scroll to see Douglas "1-15" Marrone is announced as our coach. His introductory press conference is quiet, he mentions how his BLISTERING .388 winning percentage as a HC will be an asset for 4 star recruits, of which only ONE has ever played for him. The 64 year old posters on VN erupt in joy as they twist themselves into believing a man who barely won at Syracuse in the Big East can now lead Rocky Top to beating Alabama! The administration laughs, Brent Hubbs collects another $9.95, and in 2021 we beat Vanderbilt on a last second hail mary, cherishing our newly dominant program after a 2-10 finish.
Bahahahaha.....not gonna lie....when you said blistering I couldn't help but laugh.

Reactions: InstrumentalVol
I am not convinced he is anything but an average coach. He is def a cheater. But, app so is current HC. So, cant really judge there.

His track record at Liberty is hard to deny.

I'm trying to separate my emotion in my mind here. What I do know is every day that passes this thing gets worse for 2021, and 22.

Need to **** or get off pot.
I would love to see Freeze come to UT but we've painted ourselves into a corner. How do you fire someone for cheating and then hire a cheater to replace him? If you think what UT is doing now is a bad look, what would it look like if they brought in Freeze? I doubt anyone over there has the balls to make that decision.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I would love to see Freeze come to UT but we've painted ourselves into a corner. How do you fire someone for cheating and then hire a cheater to replace him? If you think what UT is doing now is a bad look, what would it look like if they brought in Freeze? I doubt anyone over there has the balls to make that decision.
EVERY SCHOOL CHEATS!!!!!!

Reactions: VOLSONLY
That’s the kind of name I expect for our next HC, unfortunately.
We are going to hire a name that even the degenerates like us in this thread will have to google. I had no idea who Heckendorf was until I googled the name.

At least he does have a Wikipedia page though. I bet we'll hire a guy who doesn't even have one of those.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
If a move is made, give me Freeze, Napier or Chadwell. Still not convinced Pruitt is ousted though. Fulmer wants him here, along with several key players that Fulmer is backed by. We’ll see.

Reactions: tnktm
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back