Jeff Fisher comments on interest in the UT job

200.gif

I mean if you are willing to take Fisher or Marrone wouldn't you just go with Chadwell at that point? At least he's young and could bring some excitement. Would it work out? Who knows - but at least it wouldn't be boring. We don't need to do boring right now. Matt Campbell wouldn't be boring and would win huge. Hugh Freeze or Lane Kiffin wouldn't be boring and would at least win for awhile before everything blew up in a shower of sparks and flames. Napier wouldn't be boring. Fisher, Marrone, or Gase would be boring hires.

The thing about Fisher is he knows how to be a head coach. In many ways a head coach has to be a communicator as much as anything else along with someone that can delegate duties and let his coaches coach. He has done all of that at the top level. Now that being said he would not be my top choice by any means but he has many of the qualities that you should be looking for in a head coach. As far as the NFL vs College thing Saban and Holtz and a lot of others were no barn burners in the Pros, just saying.

I mean if you are willing to take Fisher or Marrone wouldn't you just go with Chadwell at that point? At least he's young and could bring some excitement. Would it work out? Who knows - but at least it wouldn't be boring. We don't need to do boring right now. Matt Campbell wouldn't be boring and would win huge. Hugh Freeze or Lane Kiffin wouldn't be boring and would at least win for awhile before everything blew up in a shower of sparks and flames. Napier wouldn't be boring. Fisher, Marrone, or Gase would be boring hires.
I can’t speak for others, but I at least look at it as Fisher is definitely, in terms of realistic hires, someone I could behind. I wouldn’t put him at the top of my list, but we aren’t getting Campbell or Kiffin. I could definitely get behind Chadwell, but I don’t think he’s a realistic option either. Of realistic hires, I’d put him ahead of others I’ve heard, like Napier or Marrone.

I would have to wonder if he has the energy to recruit. Not to mention, he hasn't done it in decades. Although, he would have some credibility with the recruits that see college just as a step to get in the league.

But, I have to think UT could find a better choice or two... or eight.

VN Store

Back