'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

I know it seems like it would make sense with Georgia's shot at the playoff next season and talk of the former five-star being homesick, but I still expect him to end up at Tennessee to play with his high school quarterback
Harrison Bailey.

Remember that the Vols were the first program to recruit him as a receiver and he has a good relationship with the staff. Let’s be honest, Gilbert is a freak talent who will be off to the NFL in a couple of years no matter where he lands, so why not reunite with his old QB at a program that is close enough to home?
Rivals

How are we elite?
We are an elite program. Doesn’t mean we are elite right now. Bama is elite and always has been even when they were down. We are top ten in all time wins, most SEC titles not need bama, multiple national championships, too fifteen facilities, one of the largest stadiums in America, etc. we are an elite program who is just down.

We are an elite program. Doesn’t mean we are elite right now. Bama is elite and always has been even when they were down. We are top ten in all time wins, most SEC titles not need bama, multiple national championships, too fifteen facilities, one of the largest stadiums in America, etc. we are an elite program who is just down.
I would say we’re a Championship capable program but not not the same as Alabama or Georgia or even Fl... Tennessee has a harder path to recruiting championship level classes than those schools. UNC rising does us zero favors with recruiting North Carolina and while high school football is getting better in the state we don’t consistently put out the talent of this ‘22 class. Tennessee will have to hire a coach like a Lane or dare I say Freeze that can take a 12 ranked recruiting class and beat these programs that can just reload with elite talent without hardly leaving their state. If said coach is able to do that then recruiting championship players en mass gets easier and Tennessee becomes that Elite program again.

Nope. I know what this program is and what it can be more than you ever will.
It can be elite at some point in the future. What is your argument that this team has been elite the last 20 years? One of my definitions of elite is that you are a top 10 team almost every year for a number of years. UT , except for two Dobbs years and last year maybe, has been viewed as a laughingstock.

Unfortunately, SEC will not even be discussing this until after the NCAA passes the transfer rule. Don’t expect a ruling from the SEC until the SEC meetings so unless they plan on sitting out spring semester, there will be no ruling from the SEC for awhile.
Rusty,

What are you hearing about Tennessee's investigation/Pruitt's fate?

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Rusty,

What are you hearing about Tennessee's investigation/Pruitt's fate?
I’m not actually Rusty but have heard they are trying to find the mole leaking to the press. How you choose to do your business is your business but you never want it playing out in the press, not in the internet world. You do more harm than good and that stuff forever stays on the net. If you want to find cause, that’s fine, but no one should know until after he is gone and then you just find out you saved 14 mil due to a couple small violations. Don’t make it harder for you, and easier for everyone else...

VN Store

Back