Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bad feeling that the Haslam block has been waiting for something like this to happen since the Schianomo so they could wrest control back for good, and it is absolutely insane to me that you or anybody else would want Pruitt fired bad enough RIGHT NOW to give them that control back. Those idiots and their nerd bean counters are the real reason we are in this mess to start with...I remember.

People are so mercurial and shortsighted in this day and age...

I think Pruitt needs to go now too, but not if that group regains control by doing so. They have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that their priority has never been commitment to excellence.
I know they are a problem but they are also part of what makes us an elite program... without them we’re not... much like most programs. They want us to be good Bc if we’re good Knoxville is booming thus they are richer. I just don’t think they are enough of a problem as to where a good coach couldn’t over come them. We just have went 0-4. We’re due for a good one eventually.

Because there are different blocks of big time donors, the ones that truly put their money where their mouth is, and they have influence because of that money. We are caught in the middle.
I get that big time donors use their money to influence decisions when it comes to the university (i.e. hiring a coach). What I don’t understand is if this is an investigation by the universities compliance department or the ncaa what party are the big donors influencing? It’s been stated the AD and the UT Admin, who are over the compliance dept, are in support of Pruitt. So who are they influencing to go find dirt on Pruitts recruiting so they can fire with cause (other coaches, players, tutors)? That’s the part I’m confused with. Not who has the influence but who are they using it on to keep this going?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I'm going to pull out Butch's phrase and say, "they do need to play complimentary football." Defense wasn't very good this year, but they aren't the entire problem. Can't stay in games when your QB can't score AND gives them points on top of it.
People act like we had the worst defense in the SEC..but no..we did not.

All they have to do is say he is back. Its not the fans fault or anything. It would take two minutes to put out a statement saying he is back and he will be announcing some new assistants soon.
I agree. Especially since they are not firing him for the on field product. Either you have found something in the investigation or not. They have been reviewing the recruiting issues since November. They know what they have and don't have. Time to make a decision either fire him or come out and support so we can fill a staff and bring transfers/recruits in.

I don't think they would abandon Pruitt as long as he's the coach. If he's fired, that's a whole new ball game. These guys signed up to play for Pruitt and I believe they'll stay as long as he's their coach. Butch's guys will probably do what they think is best for them.

Reactions: jp1
Yep. As well as Dooley to UGA and Butch to Michigan.
So many Vols fans on the webbs are always worried about something... Our coach is too good and going to leave us... He sucks and can never win... We can't hire that coach he hasn't proven he can beat Bamma or Georgia yet... We can't get him he's way too good for us... Well, I told you that he was a loser...

Last edited:
Reactions: SSVol
Any chance nothing really serious is happening other than an internal review and this is all being blown out of proportion by the "insiders" on message boards and radio? Just feels a lot like Grumors.

Asking for a friend. :)

Seems likely.

Same kind of crap happened here in Cola with Muschamp. This is an example of why you want a “Tennessee guy” leading UT. They will focus on selling the school, the area, and the community so much more than these supposed “gurus”. The gurus primary sales pitch is to come play for a guy who has developed all these NFL players (while at elite programs; as soon as they’re away from daddy they suck). Leads to a lot of individualism.

That’s why we never saw the team quit per say but it’s also why we never saw them play together. AP has even talked about how the team lacks chemistry. Same ish was said here in Columbia about muschamp’s program. I think that’s why you saw them hire Beamer. Massive push from former players that talked about how great a guy he was PLUS Beamer really wants to be here. We have got to find a guy like that for UT.

But we can’t have nice things. So yeah keep Pruitt. I can guarantee he will never succeed. No matter how many mulligans he gets. He fundamentally does not fit any school but bama

The toxicity of this program will take years to correct, that's assuming it doesn't get worse, and for the record I absolutely believe it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back