Bang Shootie conversation

@NorthDallas40
post a picture fool
Here are the pictures. Fell out of a buddy’s boat when he “lost it” and it fell into my boat. Before it falls out of my boat and I lose it too I’ll probably play with it. So a couple of questions. Since this is the fixed internal magazine variant is it legal to have the bayonet on it? Note this one doesn’t have the bayonet. Reading the 1989 import ban it reads like detachable magazine SKS’s are only impacted by the ban?

And in the second pic what does that lever at the back of the action do? I can’t figure out a use for it. TIA.

E869075F-8737-498A-B4ED-FAE15B025668.jpeg9574DE72-2FE6-425D-9F81-A3BE03D8BBEC.jpeg

Here are the pictures. Fell out of a buddy’s boat when he “lost it” and it fell into my boat. Before it falls out of my boat and I lose it too I’ll probably play with it. So a couple of questions. Since this is the fixed internal magazine variant is it legal to have the bayonet on it? Note this one doesn’t have the bayonet. Reading the 1989 import ban it reads like detachable magazine SKS’s are only impacted by the ban?

And in the second pic what does that lever at the back of the action do? I can’t figure out a use for it. TIA.

View attachment 335913View attachment 335914
That’s an interesting question because the fixed magazine isn’t exactly fixed.
That’s a nice looking gun.
Is it a PW import and if so what’s the number?

View attachment 335913View attachment 335914
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/2/7/exploded-view-sks-carbine/6C5BE58C-6BBF-428D-9F3D-9F7357AE99BF.png

Also if you want to take it apart to clean it flip it over trigger guard up. There’s a button where the guard meets the gun. Push that with the point of a bullet and the entire gun comes apart. You an now remove the fixed magazine and put it back together. It will now accept detached magazine. The problem with the SKS is the bolt has to be open to remove the magazine. If you want I can tell you how to fix that too.

The Tapco 20 round magazine can be loaded from above with a clip. just like the factory magazine

Also if you want to take it apart to clean it flip it over trigger guard up. There’s a button where the guard meets the gun. Push that with the point of a bullet and the entire gun comes apart. You an now remove the fixed magazine and put it back together. It will now accept detached magazine. The problem with the SKS is the bolt has to be open to remove the magazine. If you want I can tell you how to fix that too.
Already read up on the detachable magazine quirks thanks. I can’t give you the serno its in the neighbors gun safe right now. I’m out of room in my gun safe and he had space. I have a feeling this will be a community fun gun for he and I.

Already read up on the detachable magazine quirks thanks. I can’t give you the serno its in the neighbors gun safe right now. I’m out of room in my gun safe and he had space. I have a feeling this will be a community fun gun for he and I.
The SKS is one of my favorite guns.
I’ve eliminated the safe and now have a gun room. lol

Reactions: NorthDallas40

VN Store

Back