Tom Herman thread [merged]

I think people are thinking incorrectly about the Herman to SCAR rumor. He was at one time headed to SCAR to be their HC, but that was the week before they lost to the Citadel. Herman realized the rebuild was way more than he wanted, and Texas job looked like it might open, so he backed out and left SCAR without a potential HC hire at the last minute. Kirby Smart was next in line for the SCAR job, but GA then fired Richt to keep Kirby from going to SCAR. I tell you all this because Herman talking to SCAR again is because he wants out of Texas and the meddling from big donors, the BOT and the constant fan pressure he faces. He knows SCAR would be happy with 7 wins a year and an occasional 9-10 win year. In other words, he wants to coast. Tennessee expects much more from their coach. We want, and expect, to be right in the middle of the SEC championship race each year. I think that is exactly what Herman is trying to get away from. Yes UT is a better job than SCAR, but it also carries much higher expectations. Herman doesn't want that, IMHO, so he won't be coming here.

After a frantic, but relentless Google search, I have discovered that Coach Top Herman is the head football coach at Chestfallen College, a D5 program just North of Bellyfull, Texarkafornia. His teams have had perfect 0 - 12 records over the past four seasons. Google made it clear that one should not confuse Top Herman with his brother, Bottom Herman, who is head football coach at Sneeziely College, which is located a few miles South of Coughsville, Wisverflatana. Google also mentions a certain Center Herman who is head coach of Mount Stuman High School which is located near Mount Stuman, Missgatucky. It appears that none of these three coaches have been contacted by the administration at the University of Tennessee for the apparently soon to be open head football coaching position there. However, one Google site said this, "Grumers have it that if Jim Haslam has his say in the matter, Tennessee's next head coach will be Dale Pickle who is the Assistant to the Assistant running backs coach at Possum Flats High School near Cossgagoula, Tenngalina. Yes, after a season of watching our Vols get beaten in such lopsided losses this year, these Google searches are quite the entertainment. Go VOLS ! ! !

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Why on earth would you want him? He couldn’t win at tx with all the money and pull they have. Smh. He won at Houston and struggled with tougher competition

VN Store

Back