Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Freeze wants the UT job, he'll wait and see what happens next year. Sankey isn't a Freeze fan, either. A lot can change in a year.
Y’all have fun being Vandy East. This university is a clown show. Freeze or not this administration and these boosters will not make a competent hire whether it’s this year or next.

I have been told several time Freeze and Fulmer hate each other to the point they don’t speak. Neither will have anything to do with the other. Also that Fulmer sits in on position meetings which the coaches don’t appreciate and the refusal to take pay cuts was directed more to Fulmer Any thoughts on either of these ?

-AP
I never knew Fulmer sat in on position meetings...

I have been told several time Freeze and Fulmer hate each other to the point they don’t speak. Neither will have anything to do with the other. Also that Fulmer sits in on position meetings which the coaches don’t appreciate and the refusal to take pay cuts was directed more to Fulmer Any thoughts on either of these ?

-AP
This should end our speculation. @LA Vol liked the post. We should all root for freezing temps and somehow we pull a rabbit out of our hat against UF

If Freeze wants the UT job, he'll wait and see what happens next year. Sankey isn't a Freeze fan, either. A lot can change in a year.
Even if he wants the Tennessee job you don't want to be doing this the same time as Auburn. They would probably kidnap him and force him to sign a contract. This is our best chance to get someone good.

While Freeze is a good hire, hes not the only guy who can be successful.
Another name I thought about this morning, Herm Edwards. Hes done well at AZ St and TN has a much higher ceiling. Give him a 5 mil deal and we have a shot at him.
I agree there are others than can be successful here but you have a guy of Freeze's caliber that has won in this league already at a lower tier job and he actually wants to be the coach at UT. It is a no brainer.

Graham may know that this ship is sinking and SC could be a life raft. A new coach usually brings a new staff. Coaches have to think ahead.
If Auburn makes a coaching change, guess who stays? Rodney Garner. If LSU moves on from Oregeron, guess who isn’t following? Tommy Moffett. Not everything is mandated when a new HC takes over. And Beamer may be a fine coach but it’s unproven that he’s this sound ship you swim towards.

According to Texas mods on 247 big donors have agreed to pay the $25mil buyout to fire Herman. And apparently there’s a deal on the table for Urban Meyer - 5 years 12/mil per. Oil money must be fun.

Money is never gonna be an issue with Texas. If Meyer is in consideration for that job, if it becomes available, the job would be his. The only problem with Meyer is his longevity. He tends to have medical issues when he gets bored with his current situation or the NCAA starts sniffing around.

Reactions: RiotVol
Money is never gonna be an issue with Texas. If Meyer is in consideration for that job, if it becomes available, the job would be his. The only problem with Meyer is his longevity. He tends to have medical issues when he gets bored with his current situation or the NCAA starts sniffing around.

Meyer is a P.O.S.

Brought this over from FF:
Exactly!!! It is going to cost more keeping Pruitt and paying out even more assistants buy outs next year than canning him now and hiring a proven coach. Neyland will be half full and they will lose much more than Pruitts buyout. Plus it is paid out over five years.

jay is loyal to the T but can’t blame him (if somehow Pruitt is retained) for him not to want to latch onto a new head coach with more stability.
And that’s going to be another 1st time HC?

Ya'll pay any attention to what other candidate names did?

Napier hung 70 on UL Monroe....hell I don't care who you play or where, I can't for the life of me ever remember UT hanging 70 on anyone.

I just looked it up, it was September 23, 2000 against UL Monroe... (I'm pretty much positive Napier is the next HC at UT, this is a sign)

-AP

This would have been helpful for you VQ ‘scribers to have ASKED THIS WEEKS AGO.

Reactions: UTSuave’
FSU's highest rated commit just decommitted. 4* QB from Mississippi. Probably headed to Ole Miss.

Ya'll pay any attention to what other candidate names did?

Napier hung 70 on UL Monroe....hell I don't care who you play or where, I can't for the life of me ever remember UT hanging 70 on anyone.

I just looked it up, it was September 23, 2000 against UL Monroe... (I'm pretty much positive Napier is the next HC at UT, this is a sign)

Was on a chartered fishing trip off the gulf during this game, listened over the radio. Was maybe the coolest game experience I’ve had.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Another name I want to throw out. Justin Wilcox. Was an Elite DC and has done well at Cal even with the rough start this year. TN has a much higher ceiling and better resources than Cal.

He's from Oregon, played there and left us after two seasons, the only position he's held on the east coast, I don't think he wants to be anywhere but where he is. Cal is also winless right now, I'd see him moving for Oregon, USC, or maybe Washington/Stanford but I think he wants to stay on that side of the country.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
I think Fulmer thought Pruitt was sprinkled with Saban pixie dust. And Fulmer was probably driven by his own bias-- that a great coordinator could transition to a great HC, especially with his help and guidance. UT has learned a costly lesson-- this rebuild needs someone with HC experience and success. And someone who can assemble and keep an elite staff, instead of overpaying guys to underachieve.

Preach brotha!

Reactions: dlravol2
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back