Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol what if we lose 59-10 this weekend and fire Pruitt, then Tee Martin takes over as intern and goes 2-0 and keeps the job

Who scares you most at Vandy?
According to ESPN:

"Among the candidates who might be targeted by Vanderbilt are former Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher, Buffalo's Lance Leipold, Notre Dame defensive coordinator Clark Lea (a former Vanderbilt fullback), Princeton's Bob Surace, Nevada's Jay Norvell, Indiana's Tom Allen, Tulane's Willie Fritz, Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott, Louisiana Tech's Skip Holtz, Charlotte's Will Healy, Coastal Carolina's Jamey Chadwell, Army's Jeff Monken, Navy's Ken Niumatalolo and North Dakota State's Matt Entz."
Not scared, but I think Clark Lea will get the job. Young up and comer. Played at Vandy and from Nashville

The fact that Graham took a PAYCUT shows a loyalty to the program. Furthest from a flight risk imo. Also not buying this narrative that doing so has miffed Pruitt. Our HC has made a number of faulty moves this season. Inventing reasons for grudges seems excessive even for him. Fulmer values Graham and if he had been AD during his first go round, they may have been able to retain him...at least for a short while. Plus he’s one of Pruitt’s recruiting successes...not easily dismissed.
Graham may know that this ship is sinking and SC could be a life raft. A new coach usually brings a new staff. Coaches have to think ahead.

According to Texas mods on 247 big donors have agreed to pay the $25mil buyout to fire Herman. And apparently there’s a deal on the table for Urban Meyer - 5 years 12/mil per. Oil money must be fun.
so this is what wanting to win looks like? Wow. Luckily for UT (the real UT) this move would just insert Texas into OU’s annual playoff spot and be a wash.

Graham may know that this ship is sinking and SC could be a life raft. A new coach usually brings a new staff. Coaches have to think ahead.

Or he may just know he and Bama Jeremy can’t coexist.

Tifwiw but the word in the athletic department is there is serious divide amongst the staff. Wouldn’t shock me at all both VFLs are gone

Reactions: dlravol2
The fact that Graham took a PAYCUT shows a loyalty to the program. Furthest from a flight risk imo. Also not buying this narrative that doing so has miffed Pruitt. Our HC has made a number of faulty moves this season. Inventing reasons for grudges seems excessive even for him. Fulmer values Graham and if he had been AD during his first go round, they may have been able to retain him...at least for a short while. Plus he’s one of Pruitt’s recruiting successes...not easily dismissed.

jay is loyal to the T but can’t blame him (if somehow Pruitt is retained) for him not to want to latch onto a new head coach with more stability.

According to Texas mods on 247 big donors have agreed to pay the $25mil buyout to fire Herman. And apparently there’s a deal on the table for Urban Meyer - 5 years 12/mil per. Oil money must be fun.

Glad Salter is will be signed before that is finalized. He’s exactly the kind of QB Meyer would dominate with.

Or he may just know he and Bama Jeremy can’t coexist.

Tifwiw but the word in the athletic department is there is serious divide amongst the staff. Wouldn’t shock me at all both VFLs are gone

Sad if true that Fulmer would let a subpar coach run off VFLs. If he's that difficult to work with and his results are underwhelming...

jay is loyal to the T but can’t blame him (if somehow Pruitt is retained) for him not to want to latch onto a new head coach with more stability.
Right, he and Pruitt could very well be getting along just fine. But it's about resetting your clock.

Oh, I agree the bar will be low, but my first criteria if I were the AD would be any coach to be considered must have head coaching experience at a CFP level school. Doesn't have to be P5.
I agree in the abstract - if I were running the search I've said I would prioritize head coaching experience - and that each candidate had experience winning a conference championship as a head coach.

But I guess what I'm getting at is what I would do and what I would want, I think, are going to be totally different from how this plays out.

I expect this job to come open this year. And I expect it will garner a similar interest from prospective coaches as it has in the past.

These are not the specific names, but a similar mold and quality of candidate as: Charlie Strong, Butch Jones, Greg Schiano, Jeff Brohm, Dave Doeren, Jeremy Pruitt, Mel Tucker, etc.

I think this job is more stable than it was 3 years ago, but that may not reflect in the coaching pool.

I fully expect the VQ Hotboard 1.0 to look something like:
Freeze
Napier
Chadwell
Tee
Candle
Healy
Elliot

Man, can't see how Gump could come up with a good enough excuse if he let our two VFL coaches go... that just screams red flags. That would be what, 3 VFL coaches who have left or been let go while he's been the HC?!

Recruit- " wait, so there have been 3 former players on this staff at UT and they are no longer there!? Yeah, that just doesn't smell right, no thanks cornbread"...

JayG has plenty of clout not to have to reset his clock in the job market. In fact I’d say leaving Tenn after only 1 year might be detrimental to his clout on the job market labeling him as a nomad. One year stops aren’t good on a resume imo

Man, can't see how Gump could come up with a good enough excuse if he let our two VFL coaches go... that just screams red flags. That would be what, 3 VFL coaches who have left or been let go while he's been the HC?!

Recruit- " wait, so there have been 3 former players on this staff at UT and they are no longer there!? Yeah, that just doesn't smell right, no thanks cornbread"...

I’m lazy and dumb - who’s the 3rd?

I agree in the abstract - if I were running the search I've said I would prioritize head coaching experience - and that each candidate had experience winning a conference championship as a head coach.

But I guess what I'm getting at is what I would do and what I would want, I think, are going to be totally different from how this plays out.

I expect this job to come open this year. And I expect it will garner a similar interest from prospective coaches as it has in the past.

These are not the specific names, but a similar mold and quality of candidate as: Charlie Strong, Butch Jones, Greg Schiano, Jeff Brohm, Dave Doeren, Jeremy Pruitt, Mel Tucker, etc.

I think this job is more stable than it was 3 years ago, but that may not reflect in the coaching pool.

I fully expect the VQ Hotboard 1.0 to look something like:
Freeze
Napier
Chadwell
Tee
Candle
Healy
Elliot
I think the word of Freeze holding out for TN says that the job is perceived as better than it was three years ago. I think a more stable AD and a better roster probably has a lot to do with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back