Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feldman on coaching candidates:

3. Hugh Freeze, Liberty
He wins games. He’s won everywhere he’s been and elevated each program, including now at Liberty where he’s taken over a mostly FCS-caliber roster and turned it into a Top 25 product. He’s a fantastic play-caller and has continued to evolve as a head coach. I’m convinced he could make South Carolina into a Top 25 team pretty quickly. I’m even more confident he’d do that at Tennessee (a job he grew up wanting) and Auburn in even less time. Neither of those jobs are open, and they might not come open until 2021 at the earliest, but we’ll see.

Why is our administration the only ones that don't see it?

All this talk about coaches, I thought this was interesting.

NFL Rumors: Could Patriots assistant Jerod Mayo become a head coach soon? (yahoo.com)

Apparently Mayo's name is starting to heat up as a potential future NFL coach. Good for him. I hope it all works out for him. I love to see former Vols succeed.
It’s just matter of time before Tennessee has an alumni become an elite coach again. Too much coaching history. Hopefully when that day comes they come and save us!

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Why is our administration the only ones that don't see it?

If they do see it they won’t publicly state it, so we don’t really know if they do or not. Until Pruitt is fired and ducks are in a row to get it done nobody will say anything. Unfortunately, that probably won’t happen this year.

We are going to get boat raced by UF to the tune of about 50 points and Fulmer will come out in support of Pruitt, because he has to and not necessarily because he really believes it.

And TN is stuck with a lame duck Gump who just succeed in losing 5 games in a row by double digits.
The gnashing of teeth and wailing isn’t gonna help. They’ll either do it or they won’t. I’m that apathetic towards it right now that it’s stunning my family haha. At least our basketball team gives a 💩

And TN is stuck with a lame duck Gump who just succeed in losing 5 games in a row by double digits.

The mistake was made when the hire was made. UT committed to giving the next guy five years to rebuild. Picking the wrong guy and giving him a sweetheart contract and extension was very costly-- even if he only gets four years.

The gnashing of teeth and wailing isn’t gonna help. They’ll either do it or they won’t. I’m that apathetic towards it right now that it’s stunning my family haha. At least our basketball team gives a 💩
EH, I got nothing but time right now. I just hope we actually get to see the basketball team play this year.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
The mistake was made when the hire was made. UT committed to giving the next guy five years to rebuild. Picking the wrong guy and giving him a sweetheart contract and extension was very costly-- even if he only gets four years.
I completely agree. And that has a lot to do with an inexperienced AD

Reactions: LA Vol
So we are committed to 5 years, yet are willing to break the deal 1 year early but not 2? Lol it will be fun competing with 3-5 other blue bloods for the big name hire next year.

Reactions: VolsNUT
So they beay Kansas, but KState will be the straw, if TX loses. On the other hand, if you have Meyer, then there is nothing that would save his job.

Herman is done no matter what. The only shot he had was running the table and winning the Big 12, and that ended on Friday. There is a good chance the game with Kansas will be canceled due to lack of interest on both sides, so they may let Herman coach out against Kansas State this weekend, but expect to see something no later than a week from today, possibly sooner.

Texas is giving Urban Meyer the best offer he will ever get to come back, both in terms of compensation and ability to win big very quickly. If he doesn't take it, it likely means he isn't coming back to coaching.

I completely agree. And that has a lot to do with an inexperienced AD

I think Fulmer thought Pruitt was sprinkled with Saban pixie dust. And Fulmer was probably driven by his own bias-- that a great coordinator could transition to a great HC, especially with his help and guidance. UT has learned a costly lesson-- this rebuild needs someone with HC experience and success. And someone who can assemble and keep an elite staff, instead of overpaying guys to underachieve.

I think Fulmer thought Pruitt was sprinkled with Saban pixie dust. And Fulmer was probably driven by his own bias-- that a great coordinator could transition to a great HC, especially with his help and guidance. UT has learned a costly lesson-- this rebuild needs someone with HC experience and success. And someone who can assemble and keep an elite staff, instead of overpaying guys to underachieve.
The answer is so clearly Hugh Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back