'22 TN RB Jordan James (Oregon commit)

Has anyone watched Oakland play this year? I remeber James looking impressive in the game that was played on ESPN a couple years ago.

Reactions: SoilVol
“They just pushed the dead period back to April 15, so it’ll probably be a little later,” James said Friday night after accounting for 219 yards of total offense and three touchdowns to lead Oakland to a 39-14 win over crosstown rival Riverdale High School in Tennessee’s Class 6A quarterfinals. “But I was trying to originally.”

“Still talking to UT and Georgia the most, though,” James said. “It’s, like, one time a week, twice a week (with Tennessee). Same thing with Georgia.”

“They’re building their program, so that comes with it,” he said of Tennessee’s losing record so far this season. “Losses come with it. I feel like you’ve just got to build on that, you know?

“Wins and losses are not really a concern right now because, like I said, they’re building their program. But I like the way they run the ball. They mix in the run a lot, which is what I like because I’m a running back. I’d like to continue to see that more.”
rc

100% agree!

Not really. Public schools have been recruiting for years. They only have a problem with recruiting when private schools do it (which is why we now have the public/private split). I recall when Gary Rankin "retired" from Riverdale and was asked about the key to all the success he had there. He flat-out said, "we recruited very well." I remember thinking, "Oh. Okay. It's okay to say it if you're a public school, just not if you're a private school."

Not really. Public schools have been recruiting for years. They only have a problem with recruiting when private schools do it (which is why we now have the public/private split). I recall when Gary Rankin "retired" from Riverdale and was asked about the key to all the success he had there. He flat-out said, "we recruited very well." I remember thinking, "Oh. Okay. It's okay to say it if you're a public school, just not if you're a private school."
I agree with you, but private school recruiting is a whole different world when talking about the schools that have boarding students.

I agree with you, but private school recruiting is a whole different world when talking about the schools that have boarding students.

True. But private schools also have to charge tuition and books (and room/board/food, for those who board). That’s why you’ve seen private schools lose guys like Jalen Hurd, Adonis Otey, Jordan James, and Jacoby Stevens (off the top of my head) to public schools in recent years. Many of these kids can’t afford all that, even with financial aid.

are you saying Rankin had players that were not zoned for his school? Not arguing, just want to know the facts?

are you saying Rankin had players that were not zoned for his school? Not arguing, just want to know the facts?

He wasn’t specific, so I can’t say for certain how they recruited. But with public school recruiting, you find an aunt in your zone and say the kid lives there...or something to that effect. There are ways to zone a kid where you need him zoned.

IF TN plans to be elite, and, that's a big if. Jordan James & Ty Simpson will be part of that equation.

No player or players are bigger than the program. Fulmer will hopefully make a balanced decision. But, if Pruitt the coach of all coaches cant coach, then he can recruit. If he cant recruit, then what do we have?

Then what?

Reactions: volatil
He wasn’t specific, so I can’t say for certain how they recruited. But with public school recruiting, you find an aunt in your zone and say the kid lives there...or something to that effect. There are ways to zone a kid where you need him zoned.
Speaking from experience.. I had three schools tell me they had an empty lot with a mailbox within their zone that I could use to play ball there. It’s a very common thing, whether the school owns the lot or the parent can afford to buy a lot. Not sure on other states but TSSAA isn’t very thorough in their address investigations lol

Reactions: NighthawkVol
True. But private schools also have to charge tuition and books (and room/board/food, for those who board). That’s why you’ve seen private schools lose guys like Jalen Hurd, Adonis Otey, Jordan James, and Jacoby Stevens (off the top of my head) to public schools in recent years. Many of these kids can’t afford all that, even with financial aid.
Correct, but it only started being that way in the late 90s. McCallie was the main culprit in the mid 90s, at least in regards to wrestling.

Averaging 10 YPC on the season
Had 162 yards 2 TDs last night against Maryville. Mixture of power and speed. He reminds me a little of Travis Henry with his frame. 5’9”-10” 200 lbs.
Going to have to show some improvement to close with this type of player. No doubt Pruitt & Company can get the interest.

Looking ahead to '22. Much better year in State, it would seem.

Reactions: volatil

VN Store

Back