'22 TN RB Jordan James (Oregon commit)

The class of 2022 is off to a flying start instate as Tennessee has positioned themselves well for Jordan James, Isaiah Horton, Dallan Hayden and others. The Vols offered Oak Ridge junior Kendall Jackson on Thursday in the most recent local offer by joining Kaden Martin and Tommy Winton. Much like Georgia in 2020 and North Carolina in 2021, the state of Virginia appears to be an area of focus for 2022 with several top prospects in that state.
-Vq

I love seeing him run through arm tackles. Hopefully he can get a bit faster and avoid some of the clean shots he is taking. In HS getting squared up by a lesser opponent is a broken tackle and additional yards. SEC not so much.

The 5-foot-9.5, 200-pound James said the Vols and Bulldogs are the only two teams that he knows he wants to visit this fall, if possible, although “it’s too early to say” they’re his two favorites.

“Those are just the schools that are just communicating (most) with me,” said James, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 76 overall prospect and No. 6 running back in the 2022 class and the No. 1 junior from the state of Tennessee.

“I think my decision will be made by the end of the calendar year,” James said. “It’s not that I want to get done with it. I feel like there’s no point in (waiting). If you know where you want to go, then you know where you want to go. If you don’t, then you don’t.

“I feel like I’ll know where I want to go by then.”

“I’m still talking to them about the same,” he said. “We communicate, like, every week. We’ve been doing good like that for a while.

“It’s not really one person with them. It switches. I started talking to (running backs) coach (Jay) Graham more often, though — Coach Graham, (wide receivers) coach (Tee) Martin. I’ve talked to Coach Pruitt.”
callahan

FOUR-STAR RB JORDAN JAMES

James, a top-100 prospect from Oakland High School in Murfreesboro, Tenn., said Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt was the first college coach who contacted him Tuesday morning. He said he received a message from Pruitt "a little past midnight."

Tee Martin, the Vols' wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator, also reached out to James early Tuesday morning.

The 5-foot-9.5, 200-pound James said South Carolina and Florida State were among the other programs that wasted little time sending him messages.

James played at Brentwood (Tenn.) Academy before leaving in late October, near the end of his sophomore season. He's ranked by 247Sports as the No. 76 overall prospect and No. 6 running back in the 2022 class and the No. 2 junior from the state of Tennessee.

The Vols, who have hosted him on a pair of visits since October, gave him his first scholarship offer in February 2019. He recently told GoVols247 that Tennessee and Georgia were the two teams recruiting him hardest.

- Callahan

Kid is a stud. Just talked to one of the coaches and he said they are trying to get them for recruiting. Supposedly he quit on BA.

He said they fighting it saying he quit BA and enrolled into Oakland without anyone knowing.

VN Store

Back