'22 TN RB Jordan James (Oregon commit)

The 5-foot-9.5, 200-pound James made his first visit to Tennessee on Oct. 12 to attend the Vols’ game against Mississippi State. He said he traveled there again Thursday because he “wasn’t going to be able to make it Saturday” with some of his J3M 7-on-7 teammates to attend the Vols’ junior day.
“Coach Pruitt wasn’t there, but I got to talk one-on-one with some coaches, like Coach Graham,” said James, who already has picked up offers from at least nine schools, including Alabama, Missouri, Nebraska, South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Virginia Tech.

“I didn’t really know much about him ‘til I got there, but he’s a cool dude,” James said of Graham. “He’s a cool guy. He talks to you like you’re his son. He’s honest with you. “He said he had watched my film already. He said I could fit in the system. He said I was a good player.”
More than three months later, James also hasn’t forgotten the experience of attending his first game at Tennessee’s Neyland Stadium, the Vols’ 20-10 win over Mississippi State. “The game day was hype, man,” he said. “The fans are crazy. That was my first game. (The stadium) was bigger than I imagined.”

While James admitted he grew up liking Michigan because he has “some family from there,” he said he’s intrigued by the opportunity to stay in-state and play at Tennessee. “I was born and raised here, so to be in-state and to have the opportunity to go to an in-state school is huge,” he said.

Tennessee will continue to work the class of 2021 very hard, but they have spent some time this week trying to get ahead on the 2022 class. They pushed through with several in-state products like Jordan James, Barion Brown, Cameron Miller, Dallan Hayden and others. The Vols are in a good spot with James, and if anyone was going to fall early in that class of in-state prospects, we would like his chances best as of now.
-vq

VN Store

Back