Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe his timidness is due a lot to confusion, and a ton with the fact he’s successfully delegated every responsibility in-game.

Watch it on Saturday, when we’re on defense, Ansley is standing beside him calling everything.

When we’re on offense, Tee is calling everything (from Chaney in the box.)
Still trolling.

there was a lot of good in that Auburn game. i really did like what i was seeing. was commenting on it right before the pick 6.

the o line was physically dominating the game. Eric Gray was running hard. Chandler was having a good game. a couple of the young WR's were getting ivnovled. Hyatt and Palmer were having decnet games and and up until the play that changed the game, JG was managing it very well....the defense, well it was bending, but not breaking.

my biggest complaint up until that point was the missed FG.....

then the wheels fell off.....but even after the pick, we still ran the ball well. then we missed that 2nd FG and it was basically over at that point.

so i do agree that offensively we played "well"....the QB however....well....he did what he does.....but imo, it was the OL's best day. by far Eric Gray's best day. Princeton Fant had a good game, Jacob WArren had a good game...

HB did well in his limited action....he needs more, but i like they way he handled himself in and around the pocket...it didn't seem "too big" for him.
Interesting to hear Tim Priest comments yesterday, He's not to big on HB, so far. Easy checkdowns, no zip on the ball. But he wouldn't state whether he thought HB should start.

I'm starting to believe that if Pruitt was at Georgia for the last 5 years, or if Kirby was at Tennessee for the last 3 years, the records of the teams would be the same.

Both Kirby and Pruitt are great recruiters, and Kirby is at a school that allows him more to show that recruiting ability. Both have shown real problems with QB talent evaluation and general offensive development and make bad in-game decisions.

I guess you can say that a difference is that Kirby still has a fierce defense, but they've only played 2 good offenses all year and been ripped up by both of them.
the biggest difference is that kirby took over a program that won 40 games in it's prevous 4 years. Pruitt tok over one that won half that....

the rosters were completely different for hte two and when kirby got to year 2, he had a defense stacked with talented veterans.....and two all SEC RB's.....

so yeah, i think it would be criminal if kirby, or whoever, couldn't come out and win 10 games a year w/what was inherited at UGA vs. TN.

doesn't mean we should see the type of regression we're seeing now, but TN was a complete rebuild....and in many ways, it still is.

which is why i've been pretty wishy washy on the fire the coach deal. i'm fine with firing pruitt. but don't do that and bring in someone that has zero 'juice' as the kids like to call it. it's already been 3 years in to rebuild # 4, and the next guy, if there is a next guy, needs to hit the ground running.

enough slow dancing.

same goes for pruitt if he's able to make it to next year....he needs to do something of note next season. beat someone that matters, and don't lose games you're supposed to win........be that aggressive coach you say you are, and showed yourself to be early on....

I actually like the Rams tonight. TB has not been good against stronger defenses. They struggled to score against Chicago, and the Saints blanked them. Aaron Donald gonna be all up in Tom's grill tonight.
I agree. Tampa has struggled against teams that can press them on the outside. Rams can. I like the +4.5

Interesting to hear Tim Priest comments yesterday, He's not to big on HB, so far. Easy checkdowns, no zip on the ball. But he wouldn't state whether he thought HB should start.
Amazingly, Casey Clausen had a noodle. He and Peyton are arguably the biggest gamers we've had in 20 yarr.

Dood stood in the pocket and took hits.

if you look at diff in Peyton frosh vs Soph year, he took over. Grew up.

Hes got the accuracy. Just roll.

i think a lot of that, is confidence....just needs to get more and more reps. build the chemistry with the WR's...

i know this..HB didn't have a deer in the headlights look on his face and he wasn't indecisive. does't mean he made the right decision every time, but he didn't dick around either. he looked like a freshman. but i liked how he moved in the pocket. i liked how he stood and delivered the ball.

it'll be a little different once he starts getting hit some i'm sure....but he stood, delivered and didn't look like he was lost in any way/shape or form.
to me....i saw enough to warrant putting more on his plate....jmo.

the biggest difference is that kirby took over a program that won 40 games in it's prevous 4 years. Pruitt tok over one that won half that....

the rosters were completely different for hte two and when kirby got to year 2, he had a defense stacked with talented veterans.....and two all SEC RB's.....

so yeah, i think it would be criminal if kirby, or whoever, couldn't come out and win 10 games a year w/what was inherited at UGA vs. TN.

doesn't mean we should see the type of regression we're seeing now, but TN was a complete rebuild....and in many ways, it still is.

which is why i've been pretty wishy washy on the fire the coach deal. i'm fine with firing pruitt. but don't do that and bring in someone that has zero 'juice' as the kids like to call it. it's already been 3 years in to rebuild # 4, and the next guy, if there is a next guy, needs to hit the ground running.

enough slow dancing.

same goes for pruitt if he's able to make it to next year....he needs to do something of note next season. beat someone that matters, and don't lose games you're supposed to win........be that aggressive coach you say you are, and showed yourself to be early on....
I don't disagree - where I was going with that was that if Kirby was a great coach, then if he came here there'd be big improvement in year 3. But honestly I think if Kirby took this job in 2018 instead of Pruitt, I think we're largely in the same position as a program. Maybe our defense would be a little bit better, but that's probably it.

If Pruitt's record at Georgia would be pretty much the same as Kirby's, that's indicative that Kirby isn't a great coach, and if Kirby's record at Tennessee would be the same as Pruitt's is indicative that he isn't a great coach. IMO, they have some very similar flaws and tendencies (which is totally predictable given their similar pedigrees) - the only real difference is where each of them happens to be coaching at the moment.

i think a lot of that, is confidence....just needs to get more and more reps. build the chemistry with the WR's...

i know this..HB didn't have a deer in the headlights look on his face and he wasn't indecisive. does't mean he made the right decision every time, but he didn't dick around either. he looked like a freshman. but i liked how he moved in the pocket. i liked how he stood and delivered the ball.

it'll be a little different once he starts getting hit some i'm sure....but he stood, delivered and didn't look like he was lost in any way/shape or form.
to me....i saw enough to warrant putting more on his plate....jmo.
Priest is from an era where if you had 50% completion but threw the ball hard as hell you were the total package. Bailey’s got the arm strength and finely tuned mechanics. Priest is overthinking it which is quite the accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back