Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pruitt just said the offense played better against Auburn than they did against Missouri.

HE'S LOST HIS MIND!!!!

Depends on what you're looking at, we had more long drives against Auburn, more total yards, more passing yards, and a higher YPC in the running game. Both games we had 2 punts, and against Missouri we had 0 turnovers. Missing 2 field goals and that pick 6 flipped the game completely.

I actually like the Rams tonight. TB has not been good against stronger defenses. They struggled to score against Chicago, and the Saints blanked them. Aaron Donald gonna be all up in Tom's grill tonight.

Not really. He's still starting him against Vandy.
Well yeah. Thats a given. Pruitt doesn't give a damn what happens this year. I 100% believe Pruitt had a conversation with Fulmer before this season and Fulmer basically told him he wasn't coaching for his job this year due to COVID. Imo that's the only reason we haven't seen the freshman, Pruitt would rather keep them hidden this year and then let them go next year.

Last edited:
there was a lot of good in that Auburn game. i really did like what i was seeing. was commenting on it right before the pick 6.

the o line was physically dominating the game. Eric Gray was running hard. Chandler was having a good game. a couple of the young WR's were getting ivnovled. Hyatt and Palmer were having decnet games and and up until the play that changed the game, JG was managing it very well....the defense, well it was bending, but not breaking.

my biggest complaint up until that point was the missed FG.....

then the wheels fell off.....but even after the pick, we still ran the ball well. then we missed that 2nd FG and it was basically over at that point.

so i do agree that offensively we played "well"....the QB however....well....he did what he does.....but imo, it was the OL's best day. by far Eric Gray's best day. Princeton Fant had a good game, Jacob WArren had a good game...

HB did well in his limited action....he needs more, but i like they way he handled himself in and around the pocket...it didn't seem "too big" for him.

Honestly our best case scenario is Pruitt ends up making close to 2million as a DC or HC after leaving UT. I actually think at a Group of 5 he could figure things out, since his recruiting edge would be a bigger strength than it is in the SEC.
He has no obligation to mitigate his buyout salary. So his next employer would lowball him.

there was a lot of good in that Auburn game. i really did like what i was seeing. was commenting on it right before the pick 6.

the o line was physically dominating the game. Eric Gray was running hard. Chandler was having a good game. a couple of the young WR's were getting ivnovled. Hyatt and Palmer were having decnet games and and up until the play that changed the game, JG was managing it very well....the defense, well it was bending, but not breaking.

my biggest complaint up until that point was the missed FG.....

then the wheels fell off.....but even after the pick, we still ran the ball well. then we missed that 2nd FG and it was basically over at that point.

so i do agree that offensively we played "well"....the QB however....well....he did what he does.....but imo, it was the OL's best day. by far Eric Gray's best day. Princeton Fant had a good game, Jacob WArren had a good game...

HB did well in his limited action....he needs more, but i like they way he handled himself in and around the pocket...it didn't seem "too big" for him.
The first FG attempt was a 50 yarder...so I didn’t lose heart even tho nobody misses those AGAINST us. When he missed the 38 yarder, I wished him well on his future endeavors. I’d rather bisch at Ty Simpson’s teammate...something new.

sounds familiar

I'm starting to believe that if Pruitt was at Georgia for the last 5 years, or if Kirby was at Tennessee for the last 3 years, the records of the teams would be the same.

Both Kirby and Pruitt are great recruiters, and Kirby is at a school that allows him more to show that recruiting ability. Both have shown real problems with QB talent evaluation and general offensive development and make bad in-game decisions.

I guess you can say that a difference is that Kirby still has a fierce defense, but they've only played 2 good offenses all year and been ripped up by both of them.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back