Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know what, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him after the Florida game announce his resignation. Even though it will cost him his buyout or whatever, I could see him resigning just because this wasn't what he thought it would be.
Would gain a lot of respect for that

if the pundits, and my earlier self are correct & this AD wont make a move due to financial constraints. And we're stuck with Cap'n Cornbread, then this class should and better be the class he needs to get to next level.

I do subscribe that Butch left the cupboard bare. I do think we have good coaches, but I dont think Jeremy is a good HC.

It's looking to be that way. I'm not gonna bash JG as he is a kid trying to make the most of every opportunity he is given by the coaches. They are the ones playing the players so if any bashing is needed it should go at those being paid millions to make these decisions. And I don't buy into the "we don't have any good QBs on the roster that we like" mentality because that just shows how bad the coaches are at finding talent. So CJP either plays Bailey at starting QB for the rest of the year or goes out in a blaze of VN hate. It's his choice.

And ftr, I don't ever root for my Vols to lose, but I would be lying if I said I don't see promise from a lose against Vandy. Just don't see how you keep him if we go 0'fer the rest of this year. "Financial issues", which I don't buy one bit, or not.

It's looking to be that way. I'm not gonna bash JG as he is a kid trying to make the most of every opportunity he is given by the coaches. They are the ones playing the players so if any bashing is needed it should go at those being paid millions to make these decisions. And I don't buy into the "we don't have any good QBs on the roster that we like" mentality because that just shows how bad the coaches are at finding talent. So CJP either plays Bailey at starting QB for the rest of the year or goes out in a blaze of VN hate. It's his choice.

And ftr, I don't ever root for my Vols to lose, but I would be lying if I said I don't see promise from a lose against Vandy. Just don't see how you keep him if we go 0'fer the rest of this year. "Financial issues", which I don't buy one bit, or not.
it's ridiculous at this point. hit reset button

And you know what, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him after the Florida game announce his resignation. Even though it will cost him his buyout or whatever, I could see him resigning just because this wasn't what he thought it would be.
What color is the sky in that fantasyland you're living in?

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
Part of me thinks this can still get turned around. Maybe just hope and not wanting to go through another search.

I really want to believe. I also think that the vast majority of us sincerely wanted Pruitt to succeed. We are tired of the same cycle playing out over and over again.

Yet - these year 3 results are really really hard to overlook. GSU is a huge red flag. We are currently worse than Butch Jones level bad and seem to be getting worse. Parts and pieces may be improving, but as an aggregate, this program is going backwards.

Honestly our best case scenario is Pruitt ends up making close to 2million as a DC or HC after leaving UT. I actually think at a Group of 5 he could figure things out, since his recruiting edge would be a bigger strength than it is in the SEC.

Honestly our best case scenario is Pruitt ends up making close to 2million as a DC or HC after leaving UT. I actually think at a Group of 5 he could figure things out, since his recruiting edge would be a bigger strength than it is in the SEC.
Doesn’t matter what he makes. No offsetting clause in his contract.

Honestly setting the record for most double digit loses in a season by a former DC is the nail in the coffin, regardless of anything else to lose that badly that many times in a row is inexcusable.

Reactions: volfaninpa

If I'm not mistaken, he gets his money if he gets another job or not.. someone correct me if I'm wrong

I just hope he rides with Bailey....get 3 games of tape on the kid going into the off-season. Cause honestly I'll be pretty damn surprised if he's fired this year, and even if he is still won't be until the end of the season.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back