Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a better angle. Blow it up on screen and it does look like the receiver's arm was out then the flag comes right after. Hard to tell if it was a bona fide extended-arm push off, but it could've been.

Also watch the gap between them. As the arm goes out, you can see the receiver gain distance all of a sudden.

I disagree with your assessment of this. The arm in your second video looked extended but it wasn’t. The receiver swam the arm of the defender because the defender grabbed his arm because he knew he was beat. At no time did the receiver push off of the defender or anything you can actually see it in the first video.

That was not PI. Not at all.

8BAB96FF-7367-49A2-BBA9-053DF3F9F0E9.jpegThis is the point when his arm was “extended” in your second video, he didn’t push off of the defender. He swam the defenders arm grab.

B95D142C-C9F8-4301-ABA5-0473EB912018.jpeg
Here is the arm grab by the defender.

Last edited:
I disagree with your assessment of this. The arm in your second video looked extended but it wasn’t. The receiver swam the arm of the defender because the defender grabbed his arm because he knew he was beat. At no time did the receiver push off of the defender or anything you can actually see it in the first video.

That was not PI. Not at all.

View attachment 324636This is the point when his arm was “extended” in your second video, he didn’t push off of the defender. He swam the defenders arm grab.

View attachment 324637
Here is the arm grab by the defender.
It was after this part. It was right at the goalline (~2 yardline) which this angle misses. Can only see the portion from the other video. Yeah I can't say for sure, it just appears he suddenly gains an extra step on the defender once his arm goes out. Their feet were inches apart, then the arm goes out and the gap widens. Seems it gave him an advantage but idk if OPI worthy, but I can at least see what they were going off of. Meh
SmartSelect_20201121-030152_Twitter.gif

All in all I'd just rather they hadn't called it bc I like Brohm and Fleck is 100% 🤮 He apparently gave some extra cringeworthy presser afterward 🤮

Seriously, terrible calls like that should be reviewable I don’t care what anyone says.
Yeah I don't get that either. May have cost the Saints a Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Born in Cookeville as well, hope my fellow hometown man gets a great opportunity 👍
And Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Carolina) played at ETSU and is from Tennessee. All this homegrown coaching talent suddenly showing up. Sure have to like that in the long run.

Then again, Spurrier is from Johnson City...😑

And Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Carolina) played at ETSU and is from Tennessee. All this homegrown coaching talent suddenly showing up. Sure have to like that in the long run.

Don’t even utter that name out loud. Spurrier gets on my last nerves. He’s so salty because he wasn’t good enough to get recruited to where he wanted to be so he spurned us every chance he got afterwards. He can eat a bag of dicks

Just stop it. The dang internet was invented by a guy from Tennessee so there’s that!

It was after this part. It was right at the goalline (~2 yardline) which this angle misses. Can only see the portion from the other video. Yeah I can't say for sure, it just appears he suddenly gains an extra step on the defender once his arm goes out. Their feet were inches apart, then the arm goes out and the gap widens. Seems it gave him an advantage but idk if OPI worthy, but I can at least see what they were going off of. Meh
View attachment 324645

All in all I'd just rather they hadn't called it bc I like Brohm and Fleck is 100% 🤮 He apparently gave some extra cringeworthy presser afterward 🤮

Yeah I don't get that either. May have cost the Saints a Super Bowl.
ahh yes I see what you mean now. I suppose that could be called PI but that defender was all over him prior to that lol if you aren’t going to call the initial grabs I don’t know how you call that....

Yeah, LSU just got caught paying a player's dad 180k and all the sexual assault stuff and nothing is going to happen to them.

The Ole Miss probation wasn't all on Freeze. Some of that dated back to Houston Nutt.
Exactly, LSU is the line. If they do nothing to them harsh then it’s fair game for everyone else. Which I don’t see them doing anything too drastic

Dear Coach Pruitt,

If you start Harrison Bailey remember he is a true freshman. He hasn't mastered the Encyclopedia Britannica of playbooks and he will probably make mistakes. Leave him in there. Let him learn on the job. If he throws a pick so what. We understand . We expect a true freshman to make mistakes . It is much more painful to watch a 5th year senior stare down receivers , throw into double / triple coverage , completely disregard ball security , and deflate the already tired defense from the constant three n outs.

Yours Truly,
VN

P.S. Freeze likes chicken pot pies and Michelob Ultra so make sure you stock the fridge in the office before you leave.

My list no particulate order.

Outlaw Josey Wales
Tombstone
Lethal weapon
Bourne movies
Predator
Die Hard
Saving Private Ryan
John Wick
Inglorious Basterds

No interviews please
Ps. A ton more that I can’t think of

Fulmer has a very easy argument to not go down with the Pruitt ship… All he has to say is he had a very limited pool of coaches to choose from when he entered the picture, because of Currie’s massive screwup. And that is a very legit argument! He can argue that he should get a second chance to make it right. See how easy that is?

Not with Haslem’s ready to pounce.

I don’t watch movies much anymore. But after making my list, I realize that I have a lot of favorite movies.

Tombstone
Sling Blade
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
The Godfather parts 1 & 2
No Country for Old Men
Alien/Aliens (the originals)
The Original Star Wars Trilogy
John Carpenter’s The Thing
Salem’s Lot (1979)
Rear Window
Blazing Saddles
Young Frankenstein