Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could easily see Meyer going to Southern Cal. I don't think they currently have the built in talent you speak of, but it wouldn't be hard for them to get it IMO. When USC gets cranking, it's hard to steal those west coast players away.
SC is a juggernaut waiting to happen...always has been.

1. Casablanca-watch and listen to the dialogue.
2.The List of Adrian Messenger-saw it when I was a kid mind blown!!
3. The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes-first movie I ever watched in a theater not at a drive-in

I guess all I'm saying is 60% winning wasn't good enough for most of ya'll when Mullen was the play, but now you're sold that it is with Hugh? Mullen's success was also not tarnished with NCAA violations that forfeited most games in 4 of the 5 seasons Hugh was at Ole Miss.

Is he the best candidate to go after if we fire Pruitt? Absolutely, do it in a heartbeat.
Mullen did have a lot of NCAA trouble at State. They just never did anything to him
ex. Report: Leo Lewis told NCAA COI that Mississippi State paid him $10,000 to sign

Reactions: MwB
While some of us aren’t able to contribute in the same way others are. We do spend money on this program in some way, shape or form. From tickets to gear, memorabilia and everything in between. The what have you done for this university crowd piss me off with that holier than thou mentality.

AV doesn't deserve to be attacked for info he brings to a MB, or for circumstances clearly beyond his control. He doesn't hire or fire coaches. If you're frustrated, fine, be frustrated, but don't take it out on someone else.

I guess I just don't think you and I know enough to say that KNS held this story until an opportune time. Just because they declined the raises weeks or months ago does not mean those cuts were put on paper that would make it FOIA-able until recently. I just think you're taking some information and making it fit your narrative.

I've FOIA'd contracts before - the University has ways to slow play and delay the process.

Also, I don't really buy the idea of a "hit piece," at least not in this context. Toppemeyer wasn't advocating for outrage or for a result. He was simply saying, "I found this and confirmed it. Now it's public record."

It's easy to point fingers at the media when the real fingers should be pointed at the assholes who didn't take one for the team.
not to sound like it's going to sound...but that's what they want us to think.

it's circumstantial evidence on my part....granted. and i don't know that htey sat on it, or just decided to go seek it out and see what's there.

either way....the timing of it, and the inevitible reaction just aren't going unnoticed. and of course, no one is talking about that. and rightfully so i guess. they should have takent he pay cut. it is a bad look. it has created discontent...but discontent that wasn't there before that came out.

and i'm not advocating for supressing the news.

just make it actual news reporting...find some context, interview someone...make them tell you "no comment"...something.

he basically did "i'm just gonna leave this here"....and bolted.

meh...doesn't matter in the end...tis but a sympton of a bigger problem....that we already knows exists.

If Freeze was hired and didn’t do well, fire him too. Bama hired and fired 6 coaches in like 15 years before they got Saban. UF fires guys after 3 years all the time. They care about winning. UT cares about filling Neyland. Big difference.
One bad thing about this year is they can't see how empty the stands would be right now. Bring this staff back, the stands will look similar in 2021 as they do this year.

AV doesn't deserve to be attacked for info he brings to a MB, or for circumstances clearly beyond his control. He doesn't hire or fire coaches. If you're frustrated, fine, be frustrated, but don't take it out on someone else.
Wasn’t me who attacked him and I don’t condone who did it, wasn’t right imo. But, at the end of the day we’re, for the most part fans that contribute to the continued success or lack of based on our contributions to the program in whatever way we can. He’s not the only one in recent memory who has made such comments in here and each time it pissed me off. This university continues to live in the past and milk the older fan base because they sure as hell ain’t gaining any younger fans. At some point the well runs dry and even the boosters won’t be able to save it.

Again, the timing of the firing mid season isn't the issue. It is that they fired Mac in year 3, coming off of back to back east titles, because they knew he wasn't the guy and that they could make a better hire. We know that Pruitt isn't the guy. He isn't ready yet. This isn't a question anymore. We also know that there is a guy who would take the job who is proven in the conference. He is a winner. We could have him. We need to make a move and get him.
They didn’t really have to pay out tho. He alleged he received death threats and they used that to coerce him into a lowered settlement. That’s on top of them going cheap to buy him out of Colorado State...they did a home and home. How much MONEY is this lauded program willing to fork out in the name of winning? Since we’re comparing our commitment with extensive buyouts hovering in the background? Would they fork out $20 mil?

That process starts with FULMER. But again I think he knows he may go down with that ship as well...tough spot for him right now.

Don’t really see how it’s a tough spot. If he cut loose Pruitt then went and got Freeze it would be viewed as doing what it takes to win.

I guess I just don’t see how that reflects negatively on Fulmer. He was in a tough spot when he was hired bc of the bungled coaching search. Thought he did what he could to salvage reputation.

But if it’s true we could have Freeze right now, you go get him. And I’ve defended Pruitt a ton. But you almost have guaranteed wins and you absolutely have guaranteed excitement sitting out there with Freeze. Meanwhile we’ve looked lost for the better part of 3 seasons.

IF all these Hughmors are just that and we can’t get him, then ok keep Pruitt and give him another year to see what he can do. But he’s gonna have to actually play the young talent. Dumb down the playbook and get your best players on the field.

Reactions: 825VOL
What you've just told me is Fulmer knows he's going to have to fire Pruitt.
Fulmer has a very easy argument to not go down with the Pruitt ship… All he has to say is he had a very limited pool of coaches to choose from when he entered the picture, because of Currie’s massive screwup. And that is a very legit argument! He can argue that he should get a second chance to make it right. See how easy that is?

Wasn’t me who attacked him and I don’t condone who did it, wasn’t right imo. But, at the end of the day we’re, for the most part fans that contribute to the continued success or lack of based on our contributions to the program in whatever way we can. He’s not the only one in recent memory who has made such comments in here and each time it pissed me off. This university continues to live in the past and milk the older fan base because they sure as hell ain’t gaining any younger fans. At some point the well runs dry and even the boosters won’t be able to save it.
AV only made his comment because of a comment directed toward him. That's different, IMO, than others who are more braggadocious with their claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back