Gun control debate (merged)

It was probably Remington's premier bonded ammo, in which case $40 a box of 20 rounds would be a sale (below retail) price. I have been to Bass Pro probably two dozen times since March. They have not gouged on anything that I have noticed. There are days when there is no ball/target ammo but they will have defensive handgun ammo and higher end hunting loads for rifle. My LGS had a small pallet of 115gr fmj 9mm cases yesterday. They were breaking out 50 round boxes and offering those for $35 a box.

Yea. I’ve noticed some ammo has went up about $5 a box there but nothing crazy. They did add a $20 shipping/hazardous material charge on my last online purchase that wasn’t there on my last few orders. I’ve seen some ridiculous prices from scalpers and some mom n’ pop shops but nothing outrageous from the big box places.

That doesn't mean they're not inherently dangerous. Race car driving, base jumping, and space travel are only dangerous if you do them incorrectly. It doesn't make them not dangerous.

Those are activities. The objects used in those activities (cars, parachutes, space shuttles) aren't dangerous in and of themselves.

Those are activities. The objects used in those activities (cars, parachutes, space shuttles) aren't dangerous in and of themselves.
That's pretty pedantic. Guns are legally defined as deadly weapons. The use of them (which is why they were created) is implied. Or do you use your guns as paper weights?

In the 49 years I have owned a high powered firearm, none of them have killed anyone. My guns suck at being deadly weapons.
Have they killed an animal?

And as the legal definition states, it's deadliness is defined by its capacity to readily cause death not it's history of usage.

Much in the way that race car is still a race car before it's driven on the race track.

And as the legal definition states, it's deadliness is defined by its capacity to readily cause death not it's history of usage.

Much in the way that race car is still a race car before it's driven on the race track.
You’re not going to convince anybody that a gun in and of itself is capable of killing anything. Intent and engagement lie with the human. In fact the more you make comparisons you just build the case against yourself.

“Race cars” aren’t federally regulated with regards to horsepower

Hammers are not regulated at all. Baseball bats, various other instruments... no regulation.

Thus to us it’s illogical that guns are singled out especially since they are explicitly stated as hands off on the Feds in the constitution.

But sure keep digging that hole.

Some of them are very accomplished at it. However, your purpose here is clear and your feigned innocence is rather transparent. The baseball bat in my truck is more likely to render damage to a human but I don't see you clamoring to rid us of those deadly weapons.

Behind a paywall.
yeah. I saw another report since I could not access the article. Basically, reported that Feds dropped the case because a former ATF agent was set to testify for the defense that a bump stock is not an automatic weapon because the trigger still has to be depressed for each round. That's all it said, no analysis. Maybe it makes a difference that the ban was done by executive order rather than congressional enactment?

VN Store

Back