Coronavirus (No politics)

I read an article about Australia having almost no flu cases this year (they already went through their flu season) because everyone was in lockdown and almost everyone got the vaccine. They usually have 250k cases and they had like 20k this year.

Last edited:
I read an article about Australia have almost no flu cases this year (they already went through their flu season) because everyone was in lockdown and almost everyone got the vaccine. They usually have 250k cases and they had like 20k this year.

Great. Now the public health agencies will get a great idea of non-stop lockdowns to eradicate all communicable diseases.

Guys, I'm asking for some prayer warriors. My dad has struggled with depression, and this pandemic has crushed him. He's all but given up. He refuses to eat and is too weak to walk from one room to another. He refuses to go to a hospital because of Covid. My brother and I don't know what else to do but to call an ambulance anyway and see if they can convince him to go. If any of you can say a prayer for him, I would be deeply grateful! And please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. My heart is breaking.
OMG, that's so sad. This Covid nightmare needs to end yesterday. We all have our breaking point. Our nation isn't in a good place right now and it is depressing. All of y'all will be in my prayers.

OMG, that's so sad. This Covid nightmare needs to end yesterday. We all have our breaking point. Our nation isn't in a good place right now and it is depressing. All of y'all will be in my prayers.
Only going to get worse with what it is looking like right now.

Hey man just crack open a can of diet coke and take it easy for a while. Hang around your family and just ignore everything else. Guarantee you it'll work out. It's what I've been doing and it's been great so far
Good advice. I'm trying. I don't fear for myself, I fear for my kids. Also, my employees. My business will be extremely lucky to survive.

Good advice. I'm trying. I don't fear for myself, I fear for my kids. Also, my employees. My business will be extremely lucky to survive.
Yep. People don’t realize the cost of increasing taxes drastically and further shut downs. It will cost many jobs and businesses. For some reason they want to attack the corporations, but they fail to realize that the corporations employ most Americans so that they can provide for their families. More taxes = less money for corporations to expand and hire more people. And before I hear he isn’t raising taxes for anyone under 400k, you do not understand taxes. Once he repeals the trump act, your double standard deduction and $1,000 increase in child tax credit per kid will be gone. So if you are married with two kids and in the 25% bracket, your taxes will go up at least $5,000.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Yep. People don’t realize the cost of increasing taxes drastically and further shut downs. It will cost many jobs and businesses. For some reason they want to attack the corporations, but they fail to realize that the corporations employ most Americans so that they can provide for their families. More taxes = less money for corporations to expand and hire more people. And before I hear he isn’t raising taxes for anyone under 400k, you do not understand taxes. Once he repeals the trump act, your double standard deduction and $1,000 increase in child tax credit per kid will be gone. So if you are married with two kids and in the 25% bracket, your taxes will go up at least $5,000.
My business caters to wealthy people. I literally treaded water from 2008-2017. Many months not taking money so I didn't have to lay anyone off. We've had such a good run the last couple of years. People that purchase from me don't buy when economic times are not good. I expect it to return to pre-2016.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
My business caters to wealthy people. I literally treaded water from 2008-2017. Many months not taking money so I didn't have to lay anyone off. We've had such a good run the last couple of years. People that purchase from me don't buy when economic times are not good. I expect it to return to pre-2016.
Let’s hope not! I’ll be praying for your business.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
It makes you wonder how many positive Covid tests, all over the world, were really positive. I'm guessing a bunch.
It makes you wonder how many positive Covid tests, all over the world, were really positive. I'm guessing a bunch.
Have no idea what your point is, sorry. If you are saying a lot of false positives, I would agree. Probably a fair share of false negatives too.

Reactions: Batman1948
I still believe that the Covid tests cross react and test for all coronaviruses. I think the positive infection rate for the actual strain that causes Covid and the severe disease symptoms that we see is very small.

regarding COVID...here’s what I know.

I know it has made its way through several schools in the league. Off the top of my head, at least 3 league head coaches have gotten it. I don’t know how many players, but would guess it’s somewhere around 100.

Not once has anyone worried about the health and safety of those who were diagnosed. Not one thought of....Gee, I hope Sam Pittman is ok. I hope his family is alright. Nothing. Ditto Dan Mullen. Ditto Nick Saban. And no one has expressed concern for the players either. Or their families.

with Trevor Lawrence of Clemson, it was.....how does this effect Clemson’s national title hopes? Will he be back for Notre Dame? Not one person was concerned about his safety and well being.

Now, I have observed this board. The reaction is....great, saves us a beating this week. Now, no excuses. We have time to get Bailey ready. Will the game be made up? When? Is there anyone who will be back ready to play with the extra week off? There have been other reactions such as these.

and it’s universal. I mean I haven’t seen a different opinion expressed Including on the Gator boards when Florida postponed games. Not one person has said, ”hey guys, let’s take a minute and send our thoughts and prayers. Who knows how long these guys have left.” Nothing.

i also haven’t seen anything regarding a diagnosis for any athlete that had dire consequences for himself or their families as a result. Not one.

so, I know bringing this up will ruffle a lot of feathers, but it would seem to me that if people were really concerned their reactions and actions would be different. And that the results of engaging in the behavior would have made people regret ever participating in these silly games in the first place.

i wonder why that hasn’t happened

VN Store

Back