2020 Presidential Race

Purely anecdotal, but I think the “shy Trump voter” was a 2016 phenomenon. My family and many of our friends (a smattering of D, R, and I, but mostly moderates) here in PA and Ohio admittedly voted for Trump in ‘16. They were a combination of curious about trump and fed up with establishments. Now, a large number of them are disgusted by trump mainly on the basis of character or family values. People in the rust belt aren’t as married to a particular party as many other areas of the country are. They have family roots in industry, strong unions, Christianity, tolerance, and overall independence. They typically won’t carry water for a terrible person, and I suspect that will be the case in this election. Ohio is a tougher pull for Biden (more rural population to rely on for Trump), but I think PA, MI, and WI are going to be solid Biden states.
LOL. So they’ll carry water for Biden? And you’re actually saying people will vote on someone’s personality rather than their policies? I’m sure it happens but I’d hope that would be the exception and not the rule. So don’t vote for Trump because I don’t like him and cast my vote for Biden instead because he’s less offensive when he jacks up everyone’s taxes, tanks the economy, and takes away freedoms. That makes a whole lot of sense. If Biden wins then I hope Dems go ahead and take all 3 branches so we can see just how great things are under this more extreme Dem party. Maybe then people will realize how bad these Dem policies really are.

LOL. So they’ll carry water for Biden? And you’re actually saying people will vote on someone’s personality rather than their policies? I’m sure it happens but I’d hope that would be the exception and not the rule. So don’t vote for Trump because I don’t like him and cast my vote for Biden instead because he’s less offensive when he jacks up everyone’s taxes, tanks the economy, and takes away freedoms. That makes a whole lot of sense. If Biden wins then I hope Dems go ahead and take all 3 branches so we can see just how great things are under this more extreme Dem party. Maybe then people will realize how bad these Dem policies really are.

Not personality, character. My MIL & FIL, both Democrats that voted for Trump in 2016, have “seen enough of this a**hole” to use my FIL’s words. Two of my uncles, both Rs, are not voting for Trump this time around. One articulated to me that he isn’t willing to compromise his personal values for policy anymore.

I told you this is anecdotal, like it or don’t, believe it or don’t, but it’s the real world in rust belt battleground states.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Not personality, character. My MIL & FIL, both Democrats that voted for Trump in 2016, have “seen enough of this a**hole” to use my FIL’s words. Two of my uncles, both Rs, are not voting for Trump this time around. One articulated to me that he isn’t willing to compromise his personal values for policy anymore.

I told you this is anecdotal, like it or don’t, believe it or don’t, but it’s the real world in rust belt battleground states.
So, his personal values include a President Biden who apparently would be for sale to the highest bidder? And, whose policy would be whatever the highest bidder wants?

So, his personal values include a President Biden who apparently would be for sale to the highest bidder? And, whose policy would be whatever the highest bidder wants?

I’m pretty sure he doesn’t subscribe to Breitbart, but he has watched Trump on live TV for 4 years. I can get you his number and you can ask him.

So now the policies and values suck.... smart uncle you have there

But it makes zero sense when you have a horrible character on the other side. Just because the media runs cover for him doesn’t mean he’s better. Even if he is “better” he’s still far from being of good character. Look at all of the lies that come out of his mouth. It takes away from the credibility. And I honestly understand what you mean. It’s a shame we can’t have a man or woman of good character as an option but we are where we are. The people you’re talking about on one hand say they value independence but then look to vote for a party that takes it away. They say they won’t vote for poor character then do exactly that. The only thing that makes sense is that Dems are usually aligned with unions. The rest of the reasons you gave for casting a vote would lean Republican. It doesn’t matter what I believe or don’t believe. I’m just pointing out the explanation you gave, or they gave and you relayed makes zero sense. That’s exactly what the Dems and MSM have been working hard to get people to do though. Look at evil Trump. Now look at Biden’s halo. Forget policies, this isn’t about policies. Some people are buying into it. The issue of racism is a great example. Biden says something racist almost weekly but yet daily articles come out and lies are told about Trump being a racist.

But it makes zero sense when you have a horrible character on the other side. Just because the media runs cover for him doesn’t mean he’s better. Even if he is “better” he’s still far from being of good character. Look at all of the lies that come out of his mouth. It takes away from the credibility. And I honestly understand what you mean. It’s a shame we can’t have a man or woman of good character as an option but we are where we are. The people you’re talking about on one hand say they value independence but then look to vote for a party that takes it away. They say they won’t vote for poor character then do exactly that. The only thing that makes sense is that Dems are usually aligned with unions. The rest of the reasons you gave for casting a vote would lean Republican. It doesn’t matter what I believe or don’t believe. I’m just pointing out the explanation you gave, or they gave and you relayed makes zero sense. That’s exactly what the Dems and MSM have been working hard to get people to do though. Look at evil Trump. Now look at Biden’s halo. Forget policies, this isn’t about policies. Some people are buying into it. The issue of racism is a great example. Biden says something racist almost weekly but yet daily articles come out and lies are told about Trump being a racist.
A lot of people don’t live in echo chambers believe it or not. They actually use their ears and eyes to determine what is true for them.

When your Uncles, MIL, and FIL gets a mud hole stomped in their a$$ because they didn't bend the knee quick enough to suit some pimple faced ANTIFA thug, they will most likely revisit their compromises of Trump because he says some mean things.

VN Store

Back