2020 Presidential Race

No. That's not what I am saying. For example, I would think your opinions are more valid about things for which you have much more experience than the opinions from those who don't have the experience

Would you say then that we are all pretty much equal in a political forum? I assume there could be posters in here who have acted in an official capacity either in politics, journalism, or in enforcement roles connected to either (don't know that there are actual claims as such) - otherwise we're all basically operating on supposition and what passes for news these days? We could even get into the age and accumulated experience vs the younger posters who think we've outlived our ability to put facts together. Although I'm not a dem, I do look at most stuff from a scientific aspect because I'm a retired engineer and view a lot of physical laws still pertaining to non physical events, but I'm woefully inadequate at slinging barbs based on the language people versed in humanities and social type studies can do - I don't speak the language of philosophy and psychology for example.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Would you say then that we are all pretty much equal in a political forum? I assume there could be posters in here who have acted in an official capacity either in politics, journalism, or in enforcement roles connected to either (don't know that there are actual claims as such) - otherwise we're all basically operating on supposition and what passes for news these days? We could even get into the age and accumulated experience vs the younger posters who think we've outlived our ability to put facts together. Although I'm not a dem, I do look at most stuff from a scientific aspect because I'm a retired engineer and view a lot of physical laws still pertaining to non physical events, but I'm woefully inadequate at slinging barbs based on the language people versed in humanities and social type studies can do - I don't speak the language of philosophy and psychology for example.
For the most part. Your last statements are pretty much an affirmation as to what I was stating

Reactions: AM64
For the most part. Your last statements are pretty much an affirmation as to what I was stating

I've always thought that people from different backgrounds bringing different perspectives often open windows into thoughts that others miss. Something like the "dumb question" that flips the switch that people too intimately involved miss. Or even the flippant or irreverent comment that turns on the light for somebody trying to figure out what the furor is all about. What I most like about these forums is, that dogma aside, almost any comment can provoke thought in others and get them to look at something from a different perspective. Humor is important, too, if it gets opponents to laugh and lighten up ... if it doesn't, well, there are comments about that, too.

Reactions: AM64
I've always thought that people from different backgrounds bringing different perspectives often open windows into thoughts that others miss. Something like the "dumb question" that flips the switch that people too intimately involved miss. Or even the flippant or irreverent comment that turns on the light for somebody trying to figure out what the furor is all about. What I most like about these forums is, that dogma aside, almost any comment can provoke thought in others and get them to look at something from a different perspective. Humor is important, too, if it gets opponents to laugh and lighten up ... if it doesn't, well, there are comments about that, too.
Social media can divisive in that you can't see the facial or body expressions of the people who are posting. Someone could be genuinely trying to add light with their response, but it could be perceived totally opposite by the reader thus creating a series of confrontational posts

Probably an outlier, but a respected pollster, and there are a number of unusual outliers like this now.

Having Biden winning is silly enough but by 18 points is just stupid. These people are completely fine with trashing their reputations in an all out effort to get Trump out. I can’t wait for it all to come crashing down again. When it does they might as well just stop polling.

VN Store

Back