Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I wonder what a Jeremy Pruitt coached D-Line looks like going into this week...?

This im excited for. The D line is about to have one of the hardest weeks of practice they're ever going to remember. I bet they give a little more effort on Saturday.
He'll coach them for 3 or 4 whatever practices they have this week. Against probably a top 5 national OL. Coaching of any kind needs tons of time to take effect. Even the greatest DL coach in the world couldn't have a real effect in 1 week imo.

Now, effort is different, but who is to say they haven't been giving 100% effort the past 4 games? CJP hasn't been happy with them all offseason. It seems more a long-term issue with the current players.

Whatever we see Saturday won't be the fault or to the credit of CJP imo. Fwiw, I think they've played quite well and could play just fine again Saturday. Could use more pass rush, but that is as much on the OLBs as on the DT/DEs. They started slow (very slow and much worse) last season too and progressed.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
My dude is the toughest. Next up is a 5-week break at home. Chemo starts after Thanksgiving. God is able. I do not know how people go through stuff like this without faith holding them together like glue.

View attachment 316211

Side note: the day my brother shared this news few months ago, a new song was on the radio the instant I got off the phone (It’s gonna be ok by Tasha Layton). And just now when he sent me this picture, the same song came on. I’m a wreck. Life is so precious.
What a strong kid!! Tell Drew that my daughter, wife, and I pray for him almost every morning and definitely every night. God can do anything that is in His will, but we have to continue to petition Him and ask for it.

How hard would it be to bring in a highly regarded QB coach to develop Salter and Bailey?
Genuine question - how many legit "QB gurus" exist? I can only name a few in CGB that have real history and not just gassed up off 1 or 2 guys. Chaney has had quite a bit of success in that realm. I'm not sold on his scheme, but he's typically done quite well in developing QBs. And of course this year had the pandemic, so a total pass.

Is the fan base overreacting or reacting to poor performance? How bad should it be before the fan base shows displeasure? What is your threshold?
Publicly? Support...always or just bite your tongue. Trashing the team publicly quickly turns into trashing individuals and makes the fanbase look REALLY bad to recruits and national perspectives. Ask Cade...

It has zero benefits to the program. For the individual, they get the chance to get something off their chest...ok fine, do that on a board like this or with friends. Spewing and tagging folks on social media is toxic.

Just read the update on Drew. Continued prayers for you and your family.

And @SweetasSoda...gracious girl. Keep your head up, the enemy is looking for weaknesses. Been going through my own stuff but my wife gave me some perspective that instantly made me...cry...but feel better. As bad as this year has been and as much as we have dealt with in our own family (which pales in comparison to so many in here), the one thing that we continue to be blessed with is Ashlee continues to be a healthy girl...and sweet as ever.

Prayers for all of you dealing with family illness and all the other sh** (because that's exactly what this year is) that this year has brought.

Here's a picture of Ashlee, maybe it'll brighten some spirits for y'all. She's my daily reminder to be thankful. I'm not ashamed to say she (and her sisters too) has me wrapped around their finger.

love it 🧡

Publicly? Support...always or just bite your tongue. Trashing the team publicly quickly turns into trashing individuals and makes the fanbase look REALLY bad to recruits and national perspectives. Ask Cade...

It has zero benefits to the program. For the individual, they get the chance to get something off their chest...ok fine, do that on a board like this or with friends. Spewing and tagging folks on social media is toxic.
I agree, no need to make it personal on social media. Here is where it belongs, because the truth is usually somewhere in the middle until consensus is formed. I personally feel there are some areas where this staff has earned plenty of skepticism. But I'm not going to be a douche about it. My purpose isn't too tell other people how to feel. It's to vent, air some of my thoughts and solicit the thoughts of others and when I it's feel needed or warranted try to nail down specifics. That's the purpose of this forum for most I would think.

Reactions: Pepe
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back