Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well sure it is, but I'm tearing down nothing.

I want this program, and believe it or not even Pruitt to succeed. What do we accomplish by ignoring issues? Pruitt's going to get plenty of more opportunities to get the issues with this team corrected.
Then I'm not talking about you am I? Do I really have to multi-quote the hundreds, if not thousands of posts today basically calling our head coach and staff pure idiots to prove my point?

Fine...tear him apart...call him a stupid idiot...

That only helps our enemies...it does nothing for us. We don't need him to make us elite, we need him to stabilize..eight straight wins is stabilizing considering where we were no matter what you think about the last six quarters.

You are entitled to tear him down as much as you want...go for it.

You obviously have no problem calling people out when they do something you see as wrong, so why is Pruitt immune to that? Go back and read my posts, I've not called for Pruitt's head. I've said, even before KY, that calling for his head is pointless. We'll never hire better. We won't spend that money. Pruitt needs time. But that doesn't make him immune to criticism. If he screws up, yeah, I have no problem calling it out. And I've seen plenty of mistakes the last two games. There are things still broken that should have been fixed. I'll pump sunshine when it's time to pump sunshine, but right now, it's not that time. I live in the reality of what is, not the fantasy of what I want it to be. And the reality is, there's still a lot of work to be done, and some of it is work that should have already been addressed. Pruitt is still human and as fallible as the rest of us. He has and will continue to make mistakes, and we should be able to talk about it without people going into fits, thinking we're screaming for his head when we're not.

Reactions: StoVol
Well, I have been blessed with so much going on starting on the GA Saturday that I have really not cared. We had a stomach virus then our son called from ER thinking he was having a heart attack especially after the aspirin helped. Test showed his heart was fine, but he has Barrett's esophagus which was acting up plus a panic attack on top of it. When he was operated on for the esophagus 12 years ago, they told us to watch because cancer develops sometimes. My niece went to the cancer center today. The doctor said the lumps under her arms and groin he thinks are cysts that can be removed, but the ones on chest and breast that are going up and down he is concerned about so set up a Cat Scan...have to wait until November 2. Husband is getting worse. And my German Shepherd's hip dysplasia is getting really bad so...... Don't y'all feel better now! Probably not. I tried.

Last edited:
Fine...tear him apart...call him a stupid idiot...

That only helps our enemies...it does nothing for us. We don't need him to make us elite, we need him to stabilize..eight straight wins is stabilizing considering where we were no matter what you think about the last six quarters.

You are entitled to tear him down as much as you want...go for it.
You're right. It helps the enemy.

I've rethought this QB thing after seeing how Jeremy responded after the game and today.

JG needs to play every single offensive snap against Bama. If he started HB and he did poorly that would give him justification for starting JG the rest of the season. I want Jeremy and JG to have full enjoyment of each other against Bama.

Think I will take Saturday off from watching this mess. If it doesn't rain it may be a good afternoon to spend on the golf course.
It's my grandson's 2nd birthday party.

@Ulysees E. McGill

FTR, I still have faith Pruitt can fix this, but he has to start making better choices, better decisions. Again, in no way do I want another coaching search, but I would like to see the Vols rise to the top again before I leave this earth. I keep saying it, we all want the same thing. We all want the Vols to be elite. Bumps in the road are to be expected, calling them out doesn't mean you're ready to stop the journey.

I don't like to pile on, but our defense had to be out there the whole game due to offensive play.

Correction: we had the ball 4 minutes longer than did UK in the first half. After that and the half time rest, UK comes out on their first possession and has their way with our defense. That's the way it was much of the 2nd half. Had nothing to do with our defense being on the field too long. In the 2nd half UK did lead in time of possession, but that was as much because our defense played bad and didn't get off the field as it was our offense.

I'm so far behind and only read the last 3 pages so tell me if it has been discussed.... Wondering if the older players are supporting JG while the younger ones are supporting HB?
I haven't heard anything to make me believe there was a rift in the locker room but I couldn't rule it out, I mean players have to be thinking one of the younger guys might give them a spark.

Correction: we had the ball 4 minutes longer than did UK in the first half. After that and the half time rest, UK comes out on their first possession and has their way with our defense. That's the way it was much of the 2nd half. Had nothing to do with our defense being on the field too long. In the 2nd half UK did lead in time of possession, but that was as much because our defense played bad and didn't get off the field as it was our offense.
I think the "gassed D" defense is perfectly plausible for the second half of UGA. I think they were honestly gassed. I think KY was more about just being completely demoralized. Personally, I imagine players are just as frustrated as we fans are at JG's performance. Probably more so.

I haven't heard anything to make me believe there was a rift in the locker room but I couldn't rule it out, I mean players have to be thinking one of the younger guys might give them a spark.
I have not read much. Just saw something about Trey defending JG, and something about HT posting a pic of HB.

I think its very telling how no one consoles JG when he makes a mistake. The team is done with him, idk how Pruitt doesn't see it.
I don't know what you're watching, but after the second turnover by JG Eric Gray literally smacked him on the butt on the first play back on the field. The team always says something to him that's part of why he takes it so hard.

Well, I have been blessed with so much going on starting on the GA Saturday that I have really not cared. We had a stomach virus then our son called from ER thinking he was having a heart attack especially after the aspirin helped. Test showed his heart was fine, but he has Barrett's esophagus which was acting up plus a panic attack on top of it. When he was operated on for the esophagus 12 years ago, they told us to watch because cancer develops sometimes. My niece went to the cancer center today. The doctor said the lumps under her arms and groin he thinks are cysts that can be removed, but the ones on chest and breast that are going up and down he is concerned about so set up a Cat Scan...have to wait until November 2. Husband is getting worse. And my German Shepherd's hip dysplasia is getting really bad so...... Don't y'all feel better now! Probably not. I tried.
Prayers for you and your family 🙏💜

Sending love your way, Sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back