Give Freeze a call

I sure as hell don't enjoy being in the NCAA doghouse. That 5 years of probation from Kiffin sure as hell didn't help us out any now did it? You are suggesting Hugh is the only coach on the planet. Saying I enjoy losing is just asinine.

I rather keep Pruitt than anyone other than Freeze, that is available; he has proven he can win in the sec, at a school that is hard to win at. I don't think Freeze would make a mistake again to put us in the dog house with ncaa

You’re not getting Kiffin who’s getting paid by ole miss. You also won’t get freeze unless you pay him 3 mill as well.

So what are we paying Pruitt. However, I don't think we should fire him now, too early, but pressure needs to be put on him to fix qb problem, and I don't think that is on our qb and oc, I think Pruitt has had them spend so much time on jg, they didn't have time to work with the others. I base that on what he said about Bailey.

Smdh some of you are ridiculously clueless. CJP is in year 3 of a 5 yr overhaul, but you’re scream call this person and offer 6 mil. That is the dumbest suggestion period. Recruiting is going in the right direction and you have built upon that each of the 3 years. Your OC just arrived and is in yr 2. Sometimes you hv to stop and think without emotions or drunkenness. They wouldn’t allow Freeze as OC so if you have common sense you know they won’t hire him as HC. This fan base is the most dramatic and sensitive bunch of irrational people on the planet. We hv a qb issue, we also hv a lot less preparation due to Covid, look at all the upsets going on in conference, it is not just UT. Shut up sit down and relax. We’re neither Bama nor UGA. We can’t compare talent or depth wise. Allow the damn man time to fix what was broken.

My only problem with Pruitt is qb decisions. He said today jg is our starter Sat and going forward. And from what I have read in practice reports, no one else has been given a chance; 100% of snaps with the ones has gone to jg. You cannot develop qb talent like this. I think we have a sound team all but qb.

I’m not saying a mid season change needs to happen. He deserves an entire year and maybe even a 4th year given the circumstances of 2020. But when we look at the 2 deep we have plenty of 4* and 5* on the roster to be more Competive than what we are. Cade Mays could have transferred any place in the country and started and played in 26 games at UGA and started something like 22 of them. And all of sudden he comes to Tennessee and forgets how to play the line at an elite level. Trey Smith didn’t have 1 contact practice last year and dominated. Morris and Wright have taken steps back from last year. And well JG has always been JG. What is the reasoning for the regression of the supposed stars on this team form last year to this year.

Jg sucks the life out of the whole team. that is what has happened.

I am beginning to wonder if CJP has a "way to win", that hamstrings his OC, I wonder if Jim is as enamored with JG as CJP is. The Dude has coached some great QB's, so he knows what they look like. Something seems dysfunctional from top to bottom and these players seem distracted.
According to basilio chaney wants maurer to start

I hope to God that the U.T. Athletic Director has more sense than some of the commenters here. The last thing Tennessee needs is a sh*tstain like Freeze. He need to finish his career at Falwell U.

Reactions: Lloyd_Christmas
Auburn will grab him. The fans are already clamoring for it. We are stuck with Pruitt thanks to the extension. Our only hope is that he can turn this ship around.

Look if you know football you would know you're only as good as the players and Qb1 is literally the most important. Our problem has been Qb1 for a while. JG is a 5th yr guy and we hv stunk it up with him since he started initially. Its not easy to overcome a 14 pt spot and then a third INT too. Ga St was not a bad team, were loaded with Srs, we were playing young guys all over the place, and they won their bowl and had a winning season in your HC second yr. Vandy had a momentum when CJP arrived. Our culture was AWFUL and the players were lazy and soft. Our S/C program was the worst in the conference and we were getting killed physically damn near every week. I have said from day 1 when asked about the turn-around YES it will take a full 5 years to build the depth and talent it takes to win in the SEC. Do you realize how long Stoops has been at Ky and the roster he has built? Stability helps a program achieve success. I know ppl will say well Kirby ..... Kirby inherited a good program but Richt just couldn't get over the hump, but their roster was already loaded and had good qb talent. Pittman inherited good trench players and they had decent skill guys and got a grad transfer qb in Frank's. We still hv the same POS qb that has held us back since getting the nod. Throws two consecutive pick 6s and that will crush any team morale that you have. Teams will continue to key on Chandler and Gray until the Qb play improves. Wrs will continue to be frustrated and lack separation when they hv no confidence in the qb. OL looks very bad because the qb holds the ball too long and teams send more than we can block because they know our qb will fold easily. I hope this answers you.
You had me until you called JG a POS. The guy hasn't done anything to warrant that. That reflects very poorly on you. For all we know, the guy could be helping orphans during the week...but if he throws a couple pick sixes you call him a POS? GTFO with that mess.

My only problem with Pruitt is qb decisions. He said today jg is our starter Sat and going forward. And from what I have read in practice reports, no one else has been given a chance; 100% of snaps with the ones has gone to jg. You cannot develop qb talent like this. I think we have a sound team all but qb.

I agree 100%

You had me until you called JG a POS. The guy hasn't done anything to warrant that. That reflects very poorly on you. For all we know, the guy could be helping orphans during the week...but if he throws a couple pick sixes you call him a POS? GTFO with that mess.

Anything I reference is football related. I don't hv a care in the world what he does as a humanitarian. That part of his life has ZERO to do with me. What he does hv an influence on is that the 5 or 6 kids that I hv helped this staff recruit has a better experience than during the Lyle Jones era. As a qb he is worthless and a POS to me. Has been every yr of his tenure as our qb. I'm sorry if that offends you but again as I hv said before I'm not a sunshine pumper. I call a spade a spade whether player or coach.

Anyone who thinks in this day and age a SEC school Is actually going to hire a guy who preyed on high school girls and bought hookers is dreaming

I think he meant in terms of his playing, not him as a person.

I think he meant in terms of his playing, not him as a person.
POS is a personal insult about an individual's character and makes no sense as a reflection of his play on the field. If that was his intention, then it was a stupid choice of words. I don't care how poorly any of those guys play, using "piece of sh**" in reference to a player is undeserved.

POS is a personal insult about an individual's character and makes no sense as a reflection of his play on the field. If that was his intention, then it was a stupid choice of words. I don't care how poorly any of those guys play, using "piece of sh**" in reference to a player is undeserved.
I understand, but people loosely throw around terms sometimes without malice intent. Stupid choice of words yes, but it happens.

VN Store

Back