Give Freeze a call

Look if you know football you would know you're only as good as the players and Qb1 is literally the most important. Our problem has been Qb1 for a while. JG is a 5th yr guy and we hv stunk it up with him since he started initially. Its not easy to overcome a 14 pt spot and then a third INT too. Ga St was not a bad team, were loaded with Srs, we were playing young guys all over the place, and they won their bowl and had a winning season in your HC second yr. Vandy had a momentum when CJP arrived. Our culture was AWFUL and the players were lazy and soft. Our S/C program was the worst in the conference and we were getting killed physically damn near every week. I have said from day 1 when asked about the turn-around YES it will take a full 5 years to build the depth and talent it takes to win in the SEC. Do you realize how long Stoops has been at Ky and the roster he has built? Stability helps a program achieve success. I know ppl will say well Kirby ..... Kirby inherited a good program but Richt just couldn't get over the hump, but their roster was already loaded and had good qb talent. Pittman inherited good trench players and they had decent skill guys and got a grad transfer qb in Frank's. We still hv the same POS qb that has held us back since getting the nod. Throws two consecutive pick 6s and that will crush any team morale that you have. Teams will continue to key on Chandler and Gray until the Qb play improves. Wrs will continue to be frustrated and lack separation when they hv no confidence in the qb. OL looks very bad because the qb holds the ball too long and teams send more than we can block because they know our qb will fold easily. I hope this answers you.
Best post you’ve ever made. Everyone should print this and hang it on the fridge.

Reactions: cgrish
You don’t think Pruitt knows how to coach? Literally every unit on the team is better than it was when he got here. It’s frustrating to us that we haven’t taken the next step at QB but Bill Clark hasn’t been spitting out heisman QBs either. They are both defense first smash mouth guys. Both can coach. But if you want to see a more dynamic offense I’d be holding my breath for someone like Freeze.
Being a successful DC doesn’t mean it translate to a Good HC. Clark on the other hand has proven to be a good HC and can develop players. This is Pruitt 3rd year and still don’t have a QB developed.

What he has done at UAB has been remarkable the year following that restarted there football program. Some P5 school will offer him sooner than later I imagine. He can coach that’s for sure.
They already have... turned down MSU. You won’t find it in google tho

You don’t think Pruitt knows how to coach? Literally every unit on the team is better than it was when he got here. It’s frustrating to us that we haven’t taken the next step at QB but Bill Clark hasn’t been spitting out heisman QBs either. They are both defense first smash mouth guys. Both can coach. But if you want to see a more dynamic offense I’d be holding my breath for someone like Freeze.
And Clark would be more likely than Hugh Freeze and we all know UT won’t shell out Feeeze or Urban money so Clark would with in budget for UT and a great Coach.

Being a successful DC doesn’t mean it translate to a Good HC. Clark on the other hand has proven to be a good HC and can develop players. This is Pruitt 3rd year and still don’t have a QB developed.
DC? I’m not talking about any DCs. I think the mismanagement of the QBs is Pruitt’s only fault as a HC. Unfortunately it’s a big one. Huge one. Gotta get that straight or he’ll be gone after 5. I just don’t think Clark would do much better on the QB development side of things. Who knows tho. Hope Bailey takes off and we never have to find out.

And Clark would be more likely than Hugh Freeze and we all know UT won’t shell out Feeeze or Urban money so Clark would with in budget for UT and a great Coach.
Maybe, but Clark’s QB is averaging less than 200 ypg. Just don’t think he’d develop QBs any better than Pruitt

I'm gonna guess you ll need to send Freeze a letter.

I doubt Liberty is allowing him to have access to a phone as part of his contract.

Reactions: Cartervol
Maybe, but Clark’s QB is averaging less than 200 ypg. Just don’t think he’d develop QBs any better than Pruitt
But at least Clark has his team Competive in game they lose. They played with Miami for 3 quarters and was down I believe 17-14 going into the 4th quarter with half the athletes Miami has. Yes it would be a chance but if there is any chance to take I would have said he would be better chance than Pruitt considering Clark at least had D1 coaching experience and never had a losing record as a HC.

But if we wanna dream may as well dream big and go after Urban Meyer, Chris Peterson or Gary Patterson.
Urban wouldn't even entertain the thought of coming here. Peterson likes the lefty coast. Patterson got the cold shoulder from moronic Mike.. All these guys are unrealistic..

They already have... turned down MSU. You won’t find it in google tho
And if that’s true which I would suspect it to be, then he may be waiting for the Bama job to come open and he already is in the Bama pipeline. Not totally out of the real if Bama don’t get who they want like Dabo then I could see them taking Clark if he still in the pipeline.

Urban wouldn't even entertain the thought of coming here. Peterson likes the lefty coast. Patterson got the cold shoulder from moronic Mike.. All these guys are unrealistic..
Then back to my last statement about Bill Clark being a good candidate and would be realistic and with in budget for this administration.

Then back to my last statement about Bill Clark being a good candidate and would be realistic and with in budget for this administration.
Let Pruitt fire a couple coordinators, go with another qb first. We don't need to swap coaches right now. If we see the same effort we saw this weekend again it may be warranted. He's been on the bad end of some blowouts..Team quit in the second half.. That can't continue to happen.

Let Pruitt fire a couple coordinators, go with another qb first. We don't need to swap coaches right now. If we see the same effort we saw this weekend again it may be warranted. He's been on the bad end of some blowouts..Team quit in the second half.. That can't continue to happen.
I’m not saying a mid season change needs to happen. He deserves an entire year and maybe even a 4th year given the circumstances of 2020. But when we look at the 2 deep we have plenty of 4* and 5* on the roster to be more Competive than what we are. Cade Mays could have transferred any place in the country and started and played in 26 games at UGA and started something like 22 of them. And all of sudden he comes to Tennessee and forgets how to play the line at an elite level. Trey Smith didn’t have 1 contact practice last year and dominated. Morris and Wright have taken steps back from last year. And well JG has always been JG. What is the reasoning for the regression of the supposed stars on this team form last year to this year.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
And Pruitt isn’t gonna fire his Best Man from his weeding. Also we have one of the top recruiters in the country on Pruitt staff but yet it’s not translating to nothing after 3 years. And I hate to say it but at this point Butch has been a better recruiter than Pruitt through the same amount of time he just didn’t know how to sustain it and win meaningful games when it matter most!

And Pruitt isn’t gonna fire his Best Man from his weeding. Also we have one of the top recruiters in the country on Pruitt staff but yet it’s not translating to nothing after 3 years. And I hate to say it but at this point Butch has been a better recruiter than Pruitt through the same amount of time he just didn’t know how to sustain it and win meaningful games when it matter most!
This is where you need some leaders on the team..No one is holding the rest accountable. Al Wilson stood up and said as much in a speech. After what we saw Saturday must of went in one ear and out the other..

Hugh Freeze??? Anybody with half a brain wouldn’t take the Tennessee job. This program was on life support in 2005 and then died in 2008. In order to be great you must:
1. Recruit in the top 5 every year.
2. Hire a coach, hype it up like they did w/ Saban
3. Total commitment to be successful

This is where you need some leaders on the team..No one is holding the rest accountable. Al Wilson stood up and said as much in a speech. After what we saw Saturday must of went in one ear and out the other..
Maybe Pruitt needs to get Inky in there to talk to these boys. Because whatever Big Al said it most definitely did not resonate with anyone in that room including the coaches.

@JoAllan

QUOTE="JoAllan, post: 18794149, member: 70514"]QB - Pruitt has had time to get one or develop one, surely enough to beat KY at home.

*How can you get a qb and hv him trained when you got here late and was behind the 8 ball in recruiting in yr 1. Yr 2 you were still behind because qbs commit early and usually stick? Help me out PLEASE because clearly you know more about recruiting and building a football program than me.

GA ST had seniors.......sry I don’t care if they had 100 seniors, Tennessee had more.....way more talent.

*clearly you've NEVER coached or trained for a down of anything. Lack of S/C vs experienced stronger Sr laden team when playing underclassmen will get you beat at times, especially in a rebuild*

Vandy was Sub 500 in 2018, and I’m not sure they ever have the talent of Tennessee.

*Vandy talent was better because they had 4 and 5 yr Sr who had been coached up and Butch had recruited a lot of fake guys. Kids who were from Fla or Ga but had no offers from the schools in their states that mattered.*

All I see is excuses.

*excuses are tools of incompetence that build monuments of nothingness, and those who specialize in them seldom accomplish anything.

Don’t get me wrong. Tennessee is going to lose.....no doubt. Tennessee will always lose to lesser talented teams......but this should be “rarely”.......not “frequently.”

I see Pruitts teams doing and not doing things a competent coach’s team wouldn’t keep doing in year 3.

They are very undisciplined
They lack motivation
They make the same mistakes over and over

No one is going to fire Pruitt and offer 6 million to someone else right now.

However many of us see cause for concern......and when we are called out.....we mostly see excuses.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I’d love to see it. I’m not totally out yet on Pruitt but honestly the QB handling this week will be a big tell.
just was talking to my dad and he said would never happen.

Why not? And what would be the biggest deterrent? Fulmer? Scandal?

After the football we have suffered thru I’m finding it in my heart to be forgiving. We all know someone is gonna snatch him. Why not us?
I want touchdowns

No offense cordinater and pay him what Chaney makes. Could you imagine.

Pruitt is calling the shots on offense, not Chaney, Chaney has too much offensive knowledge to want to stick with jg, this has to be Pruitt. So oc doesn't really matter if you are not gonna let them run the offense.

VN Store

Back