Give Freeze a call

Call up Hugh Freeze and offer him 6 million.
We win 8 games in a row and go almost a calendar year without losing, but then lose to the #3 team on the road where your QB gave the ball away 4 times in the 2nd half. Then you play a solid KY team that should be 2-1 coming in and your QB does it again, but this time he has 2 pick 6’s out of the 4 TOs. Now you want to fire the coach when he’s stringing together elite recruiting classes and only has 2 full classes of his own right now? You can’t fire a coach every 4 years and ever compete, but people still have these insane pipe dreams of Urban Meyer or whoever that will NEVER come here. We have a good coach, but he can throw the freshman into the fire until they get him ready and COVID has made that a nightmare so far with no spring ball for him and being quarantined in Fall Camp. Pruitt knows football and this team will get better as the year goes on.

We win 8 games in a row and go almost a calendar year without losing, but then lose to the #3 team on the road where your QB gave the ball away 4 times in the 2nd half. Then you play a solid KY team that should be 2-1 coming in and your QB does it again, but this time he has 2 pick 6’s out of the 4 TOs. Now you want to fire the coach when he’s stringing together elite recruiting classes and only has 2 full classes of his own right now? You can’t fire a coach every 4 years and ever compete, but people still have these insane pipe dreams of Urban Meyer or whoever that will NEVER come here. We have a good coach, but he can throw the freshman into the fire until they get him ready and COVID has made that a nightmare so far with no spring ball for him and being quarantined in Fall Camp. Pruitt knows football and this team will get better as the year goes on.

• Every team is going through COVID, not just us.

• Solid team? Average at best. We have plenty of talent to go up against UK.

• Pruitt’s recruiting will tank if he has a losing season year 3 and the way it’s looking, I’m not seeing more than two wins on the schedule.

I’m tired of hearing the exact same excuses every year.

Call up Hugh Freeze and offer him 6 million.

Smdh some of you are ridiculously clueless. CJP is in year 3 of a 5 yr overhaul, but you’re scream call this person and offer 6 mil. That is the dumbest suggestion period. Recruiting is going in the right direction and you have built upon that each of the 3 years. Your OC just arrived and is in yr 2. Sometimes you hv to stop and think without emotions or drunkenness. They wouldn’t allow Freeze as OC so if you have common sense you know they won’t hire him as HC. This fan base is the most dramatic and sensitive bunch of irrational people on the planet. We hv a qb issue, we also hv a lot less preparation due to Covid, look at all the upsets going on in conference, it is not just UT. Shut up sit down and relax. We’re neither Bama nor UGA. We can’t compare talent or depth wise. Allow the damn man time to fix what was broken.

Smdh some of you are ridiculously clueless. CJP is in year 3 of a 5 yr overhaul, but you’re scream call this person and offer 6 mil. That is the dumbest suggestion period. Recruiting is going in the right direction and you have built upon that each of the 3 years. Your OC just arrived and is in yr 2. Sometimes you hv to stop and think without emotions or drunkenness. They wouldn’t allow Freeze as OC so if you have common sense you know they won’t hire him as HC. This fan base is the most dramatic and sensitive bunch of irrational people on the planet. We hv a qb issue, we also hv a lot less preparation due to Covid, look at all the upsets going on in conference, it is not just UT. Shut up sit down and relax. We’re neither Bama nor UGA. We can’t compare talent or depth wise. Allow the damn man time to fix what was broken.

you seriously think Tennessee needs a 5 year overhaul to not lose by 27 at home to Kentucky?

How about losing to Ga ST?

Vandy?

Tennessee needed an overhaul......no doubt; however they have more talent than many teams and certainly more than some of the teams they have lost to.

Tennessee keeps making the same mistakes, they are undisciplined, the seem to quit at times, they seem unmotivated at times (even at the start of games).......these things should be instilled from the get go......not 5 years down the line.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe

Our team against UK looked confused, mentally weak, and outclassed by an average UK team that hasn’t won in Neyland since 1984. We have plenty of talent to go toe to toe with them, that’s a coaching issue.

Recruits pay attention to these kind of games, they want to see improvement. Where’s the improvement? Recruiting will tank if they see Pruitt is still struggling against his main rivals and losing to teams like GA St, BYU, Vandy, and now UK.

This is Year 3, he’s had more than enough time to develop a culture and figure out the QB situation. The fact that JG is the best we got according to Pruitt, then we’ve not recruited nor developed that position well. If that’s the case then why does Weinke still have a job?

And to top it all off, EVERY team is going through COVID. We can’t use that excuse anymore.

Reactions: whodeycin85
What he has done at UAB has been remarkable the year following that restarted there football program. Some P5 school will offer him sooner than later I imagine. He can coach that’s for sure.

He can effing coach. No doubt. Very impressive.

you seriously think Tennessee needs a 5 year overhaul to not lose by 27 at home to Kentucky?

How about losing to Ga ST?

Vandy?

Tennessee needed an overhaul......no doubt; however they have more talent than many teams and certainly more than some of the teams they have lost to.

Tennessee keeps making the same mistakes, they are undisciplined, the seem to quit at times, they seem unmotivated at times (even at the start of games).......these things should be instilled from the get go......not 5 years down the line.

Look if you know football you would know you're only as good as the players and Qb1 is literally the most important. Our problem has been Qb1 for a while. JG is a 5th yr guy and we hv stunk it up with him since he started initially. Its not easy to overcome a 14 pt spot and then a third INT too. Ga St was not a bad team, were loaded with Srs, we were playing young guys all over the place, and they won their bowl and had a winning season in your HC second yr. Vandy had a momentum when CJP arrived. Our culture was AWFUL and the players were lazy and soft. Our S/C program was the worst in the conference and we were getting killed physically damn near every week. I have said from day 1 when asked about the turn-around YES it will take a full 5 years to build the depth and talent it takes to win in the SEC. Do you realize how long Stoops has been at Ky and the roster he has built? Stability helps a program achieve success. I know ppl will say well Kirby ..... Kirby inherited a good program but Richt just couldn't get over the hump, but their roster was already loaded and had good qb talent. Pittman inherited good trench players and they had decent skill guys and got a grad transfer qb in Frank's. We still hv the same POS qb that has held us back since getting the nod. Throws two consecutive pick 6s and that will crush any team morale that you have. Teams will continue to key on Chandler and Gray until the Qb play improves. Wrs will continue to be frustrated and lack separation when they hv no confidence in the qb. OL looks very bad because the qb holds the ball too long and teams send more than we can block because they know our qb will fold easily. I hope this answers you.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Our team against UK looked confused, mentally weak, and outclassed by an average UK team that hasn’t won in Neyland since 1984. We have plenty of talent to go toe to toe with them, that’s a coaching issue.

Recruits pay attention to these kind of games, they want to see improvement. Where’s the improvement? Recruiting will tank if they see Pruitt is still struggling against his main rivals and losing to teams like GA St, BYU, Vandy, and now UK.

This is Year 3, he’s had more than enough time to develop a culture and figure out the QB situation. The fact that JG is the best we got according to Pruitt, then we’ve not recruited nor developed that position well. If that’s the case then why does Weinke still have a job?

And to top it all off, EVERY team is going through COVID. We can’t use that excuse anymore.

Every team has used covid as an excuse of why preparation and what you watch is not up to par. The culture has changed 1000% but I promise you a lot of guys see ZERO hope in JG. After 2 pick 6s guys lost their mental edge. One out of half time 3 and out almost another INT. It's just not the kind of emotional roller-coaster you want young guys going through wk in and wk out. Of course recruits see that but they didn't care about Ga St. They knew there would be growing pains. The staff speaks of this in recruiting and tell these kids this is why I need YOU. I'm very in tune to what recruits say and think.

Freeze will go to a SEC school and kill it.

Freeze may be dirty but dude can cosch.

Saban wanted him gone bad.

He was competing for the west at ole miss.....at ole miss!!!

He is never coming here though.

He will go to a true football school and we aint that anymore.

Saban wanted him gone because he was cheating as well as Saban! AND, coaching them better! Ask Spurrier what he thought about Saban. "Cheater"!

Reactions: NEO
Look if you know football you would know you're only as good as the players and Qb1 is literally the most important. Our problem has been Qb1 for a while. JG is a 5th yr guy and we hv stunk it up with him since he started initially. Its not easy to overcome a 14 pt spot and then a third INT too. Ga St was not a bad team, were loaded with Srs, we were playing young guys all over the place, and they won their bowl and had a winning season in your HC second yr. Vandy had a momentum when CJP arrived. Our culture was AWFUL and the players were lazy and soft. Our S/C program was the worst in the conference and we were getting killed physically damn near every week. I have said from day 1 when asked about the turn-around YES it will take a full 5 years to build the depth and talent it takes to win in the SEC. Do you realize how long Stoops has been at Ky and the roster he has built? Stability helps a program achieve success. I know ppl will say well Kirby ..... Kirby inherited a good program but Richt just couldn't get over the hump, but their roster was already loaded and had good qb talent. Pittman inherited good trench players and they had decent skill guys and got a grad transfer qb in Frank's. We still hv the same POS qb that has held us back since getting the nod. Throws two consecutive pick 6s and that will crush any team morale that you have. Teams will continue to key on Chandler and Gray until the Qb play improves. Wrs will continue to be frustrated and lack separation when they hv no confidence in the qb. OL looks very bad because the qb holds the ball too long and teams send more than we can block because they know our qb will fold easily. I hope this answers you.

QB - Pruitt has had time to get one or develop one, surely enough to beat KY at home.

GA ST had seniors.......sry I don’t care if they had 100 seniors, Tennessee had more.....way more talent.

Vandy was Sub 500 in 2018, and I’m not sure they ever have the talent of Tennessee.

All I see is excuses.

Don’t get me wrong. Tennessee is going to lose.....no doubt. Tennessee will always lose to lesser talented teams......but this should be “rarely”.......not “frequently.”

I see Pruitts teams doing and not doing things a competent coach’s team wouldn’t keep doing in year 3.

They are very undisciplined
They lack motivation
They make the same mistakes over and over

No one is going to fire Pruitt and offer 6 million to someone else right now.

However many of us see cause for concern......and when we are called out.....we mostly see excuses.

Last edited:
Reactions: saxvol and PSYVOL
How you figure? Bill Clark actually knows how to coach and has HC experience unlink Pruitt when we hired him. Clark has won 8 or more games except 1 year
You don’t think Pruitt knows how to coach? Literally every unit on the team is better than it was when he got here. It’s frustrating to us that we haven’t taken the next step at QB but Bill Clark hasn’t been spitting out heisman QBs either. They are both defense first smash mouth guys. Both can coach. But if you want to see a more dynamic offense I’d be holding my breath for someone like Freeze.

VN Store

Back