'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Kentucky Pregame/Game Thread

We haven't had an above average QB in a decade I think? Dobbs was an excellent rb with OK throwing ability I guess. Just don't get why it's so hard to have just an average QB at Tennessee.
Top QBs on the recruiting trail want to win and have consistency. We’ve had neither of those.

Glad I wasn’t able to watch the game today, but I know what happened. IMO Bailey should take all the snaps in tomorrow’s scrimmage then give him all the reps in practice and make him the guy going forward. He’s the only QB on the roster with the potential (or we need to find out) to take us we’re we ultimately want to be. We know what JG is, Shrout wouldn’t start for Vandy, and Maurer has one foot out the door and won’t be here next year IMO.

It is amazing how 1 position is crippling this team. CJP refuses to publicly acknowledge this. Chaney is handcuffed. I would rather have a simplified offense that is executed perfectly, than an expanded offense that gets you nothing.
And he shames Shrout for sending the wrong guy in motion.

Well I've waited to calm down and digest this game but I've thrown up. It's one of the worst performances that I can remember. I said it last year after GA State and BYU that he wasn't ready for this job. He changed my mind the way we competed the rest of the way. I've reverted back that he's not ready and the learning curve is too great. If recruiting starts to fall off, it's the beginning of the end. He's not going anywhere this year but if next year is similar to the disaster this year is going to be, he's probably gone. I love coach Pruitt but my confidence that he can be a successful head coach is dwindling.

But having said that, if you're going unproven, bargain basement hire, may as well keep him. At least if you're going to suck, you've got a decent man at the helm.

He’s actually a good football coach, and that is from third party analysis. Obviously, being a head coach at a P5 school is a different game.

I have a hard time believing that Pruitt is the only one making the JG call. Pruitt lets Chaney call plays, so why wouldn’t Chaney have player input?

We just need to get past JG, and it can’t get worse.

There comes a point where after 3 years of the same guy making the same mistakes that you HAVE to see what else you have. Even if the plays and sets are too complex for the youngsters, simplify the ****. the guy they keep trotting out on the field is atrocious. And always has been. It’s not like this is a surprise.

Idc if we have to run lead power , screen then roll out on 3rd down every series with a freshman.

GET THIS SOMEONE ELSE ON THE MF’ING THE FIELD

He’s actually a good football coach, and that is from third party analysis. Obviously, being a head coach at a P5 school is a different game.

I have a hard time believing that Pruitt is the only one making the JG call. Pruitt lets Chaney call plays, so why wouldn’t Chaney have player input?

We just need to get past JG, and it can’t get worse.
Well he's the head coach. If he's delegated and he's not happy with the decisions being made by those he's delegated to, he's got to take control. He's ultimately responsible. Most fans have known for a long time JG wasn't an SEC level QB. We've prayed that it would click for him this year knowing down deep it wasn't likely to happen. I get the feeling Pruitt has had the same prayer. If he had doubts that JG was going to be the guy, and he didn't think the other guys on the roster were better, he should have brought in a graduate transfer.

This isn't just about QB play.

We can't block.
We can't cover.
Our RBs can't break tackles.
Our wide receivers can't create separation.
We lose the edge frequently (although we've been better lately)
We can't pressure the QB.
We're very undisciplined.
We lose composure.
We seem to give up in adversity.

Pruitt is in danger of losing this team. I said last week we have no easy games on this schedule. If things don't do a 180, and that's gonna be difficult with Bama next, I really don't see more than one win left on the schedule. This thing has the potential to go south quickly.

There comes a point where after 3 years of the same guy making the same mistakes that you HAVE to see what else you have. Even if the plays and sets are too complex for the youngsters, simplify the ****. the guy they keep trotting out on the field is atrocious. And always has been. It’s not like this is a surprise.

Idc if we have to run lead power , screen then roll out on 3rd down every series with a freshman.

GET THIS SOMEONE ELSE ON THE MF’ING THE FIELD
we will man.

have another beer.

Well he's the head coach. If he's delegated and he's not happy with the decisions being made by those he's delegated to, he's got to take control. He's ultimately responsible. Most fans have known for a long time JG wasn't an SEC level QB. We've prayed that it would click for him this year knowing down deep it wasn't likely to happen. I get the feeling Pruitt has had the same prayer. If he had doubts that JG was going to be the guy, and he didn't think the other guys on the roster were better, he should have brought in a graduate transfer.

This isn't just about QB play.

We can't block.
We can't cover.
Our RBs can't break tackles.
Our wide receivers can't create separation.
We lose the edge frequently (although we've been better lately)
We can't pressure the QB.
We're very undisciplined.
We lose composure.
We seem to give up in adversity.

Pruitt is in danger of losing this team. I said last week we have no easy games on this schedule. If things don't do a 180, and that's gonna be difficult with Bama next, I really don't see more than one win left on the schedule. This thing has the potential to go south quickly.

One other thing that I have seen is when players make egregious mistakes or horrible Personal foul penalties, Pruitt doesn’t CHEW butts.

Just like the Groin kick today, kid should have been taken to the side and told to remove your shoulder pads rite there. Then Go sit your ass on the bench and I’m telling the Entire team, “if you speak to him, I’ll run you til you puke”!!!

The more I think about today’s game, the more I see how much we don’t develop players. We have talent, but we gotta do a better job of developing players. Also, where in the hell are our TES???

That’s enough for me tonight. Y’all stay frosty Vol Nation.

One other thing that I have seen is when players make egregious mistakes or horrible Personal foul penalties, Pruitt doesn’t CHEW butts.

Just like the Groin kick today, kid should have been taken to the side and told to remove your shoulder pads rite there. Then Go sit your ass on the bench and I’m telling the Entire team, “if you speak to him, I’ll run you til you puke”!!!

The more I think about today’s game, the more I see how much we don’t develop players. We have talent, but we gotta do a better job of developing players. Also, where in the hell are our TES???

Cant believe im taking this line...

Pruitt had to flip the roster completely. He has coached on 5 Natty teams. Dude breathes 'ball' Kids love him.

We lost weeks in Spring. Yes its on him not having a qb. but we just recruited top pro passer out of Georgia.

We're about to sign another top ten class.

Bama will donkey stomp us. Future is now. Time for Maurer or Bailey to take reigns. Get healthy and get those talented frosh in.

Banks has been a lose cannon all year. I've not seen Pruitt challenge him once. I think Pruitt is way too friendly to his players and too loyal to his coaches.

I think we are average at several coaching positions but he continues to hang on to them.

This type of stuff is to be expected for a first time head coach. The learning curve is steep. Not sure coach is up to it.

Let's look at coach Pruitt's career. He's been known as a great recruiter. But how hard is it to recruit to Georgia, FSU, or Alabama? He's really only had to coach 5* players wherever he's been. He's experienced a lot of first here.

Reactions: tnhunter 10
Cant believe im taking this line...

Pruitt had to flip the roster completely. He has coached on 5 Natty teams. Dude breathes 'ball' Kids love him.

We lost weeks in Spring. Yes its on him not having a qb. but we just recruited top pro passer out of Georgia.

We're about to sign another top ten class.

Bama will donkey stomp us. Future is now. Time for Maurer or Bailey to take reigns. Get healthy and get those talented frosh in.
I agree and we all said in the beginning this year was sort of a pass. But, the offense has been crap for 3 years. I know there is 1 common denominator in that. I don't see any progress in the offense, hoping a new QB will bring it.
The D got better last year, this year its regressed. And we didn't lose much from last yrs team.
I want JP to succeed, but idk if he will.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back