Why do you need a gun.

Be careful, Coyotes have been known to try to crush you with anvils. Signs to tip you off on it are "Free bird seed!" or a receipt from ACME.
View attachment 314374
images
I laughed

They are in the southern Appalachians. I can feel their eyes upon me when I'm out on a trail. They're saying "Look at that pizza stuffed fat boy! Mmmmm, I can smell the garlic!". That's the four legged variety. Evidently the two legged has an upper legal age limit that I am far beyond.
They will be here soon enough in the East. Just west of Nashville now. We will start seeing them in the mountain valleys within 5 years or less I bet.

Last night I arrived home about 9:00 pm. I live in a neighborhood outside Chattanooga in Hixson. Normally we have the lights on the outside of the house on. They were not on for some reason. I parked in the side driveway as I always do. Checked to make sure the tool boxes were locked and started around the truck towards the front of the house. My dogs we’re going crazy. As I looked back to yell “shut up!” At them I found myself about 20 feet from a large Coyote closing fast right at me. I carry so without even thinking I drew the gun, flipping the safety off and fired. Something I’ve practiced 1000 times. He rolled jumped up and ran away.

Self defense doesn’t mean that you’re just worried about criminals. Everyone should be prepared to defend themselves and their loved ones.
Don’t just get a gun. You also need to practice so you know how to use it safely.

Shalom y’all

You know maybe if I saw it foaming at the mouth, I'd consider ending it's misery... but to draw and fire... that's some city boy stuff there.

Last night I arrived home about 9:00 pm. I live in a neighborhood outside Chattanooga in Hixson. Normally we have the lights on the outside of the house on. They were not on for some reason. I parked in the side driveway as I always do. Checked to make sure the tool boxes were locked and started around the truck towards the front of the house. My dogs we’re going crazy. As I looked back to yell “shut up!” At them I found myself about 20 feet from a large Coyote closing fast right at me. I carry so without even thinking I drew the gun, flipping the safety off and fired. Something I’ve practiced 1000 times. He rolled jumped up and ran away.

Self defense doesn’t mean that you’re just worried about criminals. Everyone should be prepared to defend themselves and their loved ones.
Don’t just get a gun. You also need to practice so you know how to use it safely.

Shalom y’all
I carry mine when I go fishing. Kayaking down a stream in the middle of nowhere..... on the lake at night... ..... the isolated boat ramp.... you never know

Glad you're safe and practice pays off. I carry when I walk the dog in the mornings because I've run into bobcats and coyotes while out there. Recently caught this guy on my trailcam in the grove behind our house so I know it's close (maybe 20yds from our fence)
That’s a good looking bobcat.... those things are so secretive and skittish, I’d be shocked if you ever had an issue with one..... unless your dog is small and it came in your yard thinking it’s prey.

City boys don't carry, and they sure don't go ready to rock, and they most certainly don't draw and hit bullseye with a coyote charging.
A bullseye does not roll, jump up and run away.
Just because we have the right to bear arms, it does not mean everyone has the mental ability.
I am always leery of people that discharge a firearm in the city limits. It is against the law.
Anyone that has been trained properly should know that. You are responsible for your projectile.
More leery of Barney Fife types that brag of their training and how it saved their life.
People like that are called gun nuts for a reason.

I carry mine when I go fishing. Kayaking down a stream in the middle of nowhere..... on the lake at night... ..... the isolated boat ramp.... you never know
Appalachian Trail hiker killed near Wytheville last year by a nut with a sword. If the victim had been carrying the right guy would be laying dead. He was arrested and released in Erwin about 2 weeks before for threatening people. Made it to Damascus the next week around the trail days festival and the event organizers were concerned about him and drove him to Abingdon and bought him a bus ticket to his home in the Northeast. He got off the bus in Marion and continued on the AT where he killed the one hiker and severely injured his female friend a day or two later. I will always carry if I’m in a isolated position and run into a person or animal with bad intentions. The incident last year reaffirmed my position on this.

Appalachian Trail hiker killed near Wytheville last year by a nut with a sword. If the victim had been carrying the right guy would be laying dead. He was arrested and released in Erwin about 2 weeks before for threatening people. Made it to Damascus the next week around the trail days festival and the event organizers were concerned about him and drove him to Abingdon and bought him a bus ticket to his home in the Northeast. He got off the bus in Marion and continued on the AT where he killed the one hiker and severely injured his female friend a day or two later. I will always carry if I’m in a isolated position and run into a person or animal with bad intentions. The incident last year reaffirmed my position on this.
Never carry a sword to a gun fight.

You'd let a charging coyote attack you?
If its running at you, make yourself big, hold ground and punch if it lunges. Coyote attacks are extremely uncommon, probably even more so with male adults. They are generally terrified of us.

City boys don't carry, and they sure don't go ready to rock, and they most certainly don't draw and hit bullseye with a coyote charging.
Yeah they do... I lived on 2/10s of an acre in a subdivision all my adult life (30+years) til I moved to my own 75 acres in the country. I teach personal defense and concealed carry classes and there are PLENTY of deadly accurate guys and ladies that consider them selves city folks I have taught. I know it was tongue in cheek...
He’s got several dogs.... I wouldn’t want a coyote around my pets.... pew pew.... dead coyote
Round here coyotes are gonna get some lead in their general direction cause of all the chickens turkeys and calves
I have , much less my dog.
If its running at you, make yourself big, hold ground and punch if it lunges. Coyote attacks are extremely uncommon, probably even more so with male adults. They are generally terrified of us.
SMDH lol As I have said with two legged attacks if they get within arms reach your tactics suck. I’m not waiting that long. City suburbia coyotes are not terrified of us, out in the country where I’m at sure... cause every time I see one or a pack while deer hunting or checking my calves I’m sending 150 grains of 30:06 btsp hornady downrange running or not.
Just because we have the right to bear arms, it does not mean everyone has the mental ability.
I am always leery of people that discharge a firearm in the city limits. It is against the law.
Anyone that has been trained properly should know that. You are responsible for your projectile.
More leery of Barney Fife types that brag of their training and how it saved their life.

I just don’t know what to say to this so much stupid here...I’ve been trained properly and licensed By dept of justice or state police to teach either armed security, concealed carry, and/or personal defense in tenn, Nc, sc, va, ga,fla,az and formerly in nh. it is not against the law to discharge a firearm in city limits in defense of your life against death, great bodily harm, or sexual assault. Anyone can clearly articulate a fear of the first two with a coyote attacking and as an additional you may defend your pets against an attack by a wild animal in most jurisdictions. A bullseye doesn’t always mean dead right there... but a center mass shot that eliminates and stops the immediate threat is a bullseye. Nice job @Orangeslice13 .
I’m much more Leary of people that spout off about things they are clueless about cause it hurts their feels.

Yeah they do... I lived on 2/10s of an acre in a subdivision all my adult life (30+years) til I moved to my own 75 acres in the country. I teach personal defense and concealed carry classes and there are PLENTY of deadly accurate guys and ladies that consider them selves city folks I have taught. I know it was tongue in cheek...

Round here coyotes are gonna get some lead in their general direction cause of all the chickens turkeys and calves
I have , much less my dog.
SMDH lol As I have said with two legged attacks if they get within arms reach your tactics suck. I’m not waiting that long. City suburbia coyotes are not terrified of us, out in the country where I’m at sure... cause every time I see one or a pack while deer hunting or checking my calves I’m sending 150 grains of 30:06 btsp hornady downrange running or not.

I just don’t know what to say to this so much stupid here...I’ve been trained properly and licensed By dept of justice or state police to teach either armed security, concealed carry, and/or personal defense in tenn, Nc, sc, va, ga,fla,az and formerly in nh. it is not against the law to discharge a firearm in city limits in defense of your life against death, great bodily harm, or sexual assault. Anyone can clearly articulate a fear of the first two with a coyote attacking and as an additional you may defend your pets against an attack by a wild animal in most jurisdictions. A bullseye doesn’t always mean dead right there... but a center mass shot that eliminates and stops the immediate threat is a bullseye. Nice job @Orangeslice13 .
I’m much more Leary of people that spout off about things they are clueless about cause it hurts their feels.
The yote had probably been eating the dog's food for a while. Happens all the time.
Was not a threat.
Ask the officer charged with his bullets going into an adjacent apartment next to Ms. Taylor's in Louisville about the consequences' of discharging a firearm in an crowded urban environment. I hope your judgement is as good as your ability to brag about your licenses. Some folks know most people with a pulse can be so licensed. Gun store cowboys are everywhere.
Carry on , Tackleberry, you make everyone feel safe.

The yote had probably been eating the dog's food for a while. Happens all the time.
Was not a threat.
Ask the officer charged with his bullets going into an adjacent apartment next to Ms. Taylor's in Louisville about the consequences' of discharging a firearm in an crowded urban environment. I hope your judgement is as good as your ability to brag about your licenses. Some folks know most people with a pulse can be so licensed. Gun store cowboys are everywhere.
Carry on , Tackleberry, you make everyone feel safe.
So you were with @Orangeslice13 and know what constitutes a threat?... Cool. Not bragging about anything I merely pointed out I have a few "trained adequately" credentials issued by State agencies, you made multiple blanket assinine statements that are patently false (and another in crowded urban environment) but you did get one right despite your ignorance, even in defense of life you are responsible for your projectile and what happens to it and I never said otherwise. I could make a variety of comparisons to citizens and LEOs of which I have several but I'm afraid it would hurt your feels again. Carry on Karen your ignorance is showing.

1- outside city limits
2- it’s dead. I tracked it out
3- reported it to Tennessee wildlife
4- practice all the time. And I recommend that everyone do the same.
5- can you thinking of a more privilege though processes? I don’t need to protect myself....someone else will do it.

As an aside, my brother was hunting elk in the mountains of Wyoming. He and his two companions had camped the night before. He arose and set out for a high clearing at dawn while his companions lazed in their sleeping bags. He shot an elk and was tracking it downhill when he heard two rifle shots. His layabed companions had started up towards the high meadow when my brother’s wounded elk and an accompanying nub buck ran into them. The fortunate pair claimed the kills and shared some of the meat with my brother for his help in packing it out.

T
As an aside, my brother was hunting elk in the mountains of Wyoming. He and his two companions had camped the night before. He arose and set out for a high clearing at dawn while his companions lazed in their sleeping bags. He shot an elk and was tracking it downhill when he heard two rifle shots. His layabed companions had started up towards the high meadow when my brother’s wounded elk and an accompanying nub buck ran into them. The fortunate pair claimed the kills and shared some of the meat with my brother for his help in packing it out.
The wisdom of the early bird getting the worm depends on if you are the bird or worm.

Back in my hunting days, several times the camp whore (that's what we called the guy that stayed in camp, cooked, kept the fire going) killed the only buck. It just walked into camp and was shot by the tents.

1- outside city limits
2- it’s dead. I tracked it out
3- reported it to Tennessee wildlife
4- practice all the time. And I recommend that everyone do the same.
5- can you thinking of a more privilege though processes? I don’t need to protect myself....someone else will do it.
Re #5 : I had some cc flyers on the counter at my restaurant When I taught a lot of classes and a lady asked me why I would
Allow that person To put those there and I said that person is me. She asked why I would want to empower someone to carry a firearm and I said cause if some one comes in intending to do harm to me or my family I hope one of my customers doesn’t give me a chance lol. Further discussion ensued and she said she could never use a firearm to harm another person even if her kids Lives depended on it. At that point I knew it was wasted words.

VN Store

Back