'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Georgia Pregame/Game Thread

I also am blown away at how little Eric Gray gets the ball. He is a mini Kamara. And he should get 20-30 touches every game. ESP. Big games

He got 16 touches in a game where we had -1 yards rushing. Had 8 receptions. With any type of running game, he would have had 20-25 touches.

Reactions: jakez4ut
He gets us in the right sets, gets us in the right protections, he pushes the ball downfield (2nd in the sec pushing the ball), he makes some big time throws, he protects the ball, he's a leader and has the team behind him, he's tough as effing nails......

How many answers were you needing? 😁
He protects the ball , LOL. What he does is keep us from competing with the elite SEC Teams. He now is directly responsible for two blowout losses in A row to Alabama and Georgia. Without his blunders we are competitive in both games. Enough is enough.

He protects the ball , LOL. What he does is keep us from competing with the elite SEC Teams. He now is directly responsible for two blowout losses in A row to Alabama and Georgia. Without his blunders we are competitive in both games. Enough is enough.

He most certainly is not the only one responsible.

Idk how many times this needs to be said but the OL play was AWFUL. Embarrassingly bad for players of that caliber.

Reactions: Devo182
He most certainly is not the only one responsible.

Idk how many times this needs to be said but the OL play was AWFUL. Embarrassingly bad for players of that caliber.
I’m going to watch the replay but I believe Georgia put more defenders in the box than we had blockers. It likely is a Qb and gameplan issue as much as an OL issue. I’ll post again after I watch the replay.

I’m going to watch the replay but I believe Georgia put more defenders in the box than we had blockers. It likely is a Qb and gameplan issue as much as an OL issue. I’ll post again after I watch the replay.
Doesn't matter when we could hardly get past the los. How many times did we even reach the 2nd level all day...once on a 2nd and 15?

Last edited:
Gang - we played like crap most of the game on offense, yet, we were in it with a good chance to win well into the third quarter. The D was on the field so much they were worn out in the 4th. Their D was fresh and outstanding with great depth. However, we are not that far off from being a quality team like them. Pruitt and the staff have about 2/3 of this team in really good shape. They need to finish the job.

With this year's team it is all about the O and primarily, the QB who has zero ability to make calls at the LOS to adjust to what the opponent's D is doing. The O-line cannot magically do an adjustment during a play on their own, especially when going against the top D they will see all year. They have to depend on the QB to get them into the right play/blocking for the D he sees. JG is math deficit. He cannot count who is in the box and has no concept of who may be blitzing. He locks on receivers with his body/eyes and does not go through progressions consistently. He rarely senses pressure and thinks slowly compared to his peers. He's just not a quality P-5 QB. After 5 years of it at UT we know what we have. Denials by Pruitt or anybody else does not change the truth. Pruitt makes the final decision about who plays. So he deserves the flak since he consistently refuses to do something about it over multiple years.

UGA was headed down the same path until they switched to Bennett. Ole Miss was headed on the same path until they gave it to Corral. Mizzou was headed down the same path until they gave it to Bazelak.

Gang - we played like crap most of the game on offense, yet, we were in it with a good chance to win well into the third quarter. The D was on the field so much they were worn out in the 4th. Their D was fresh and outstanding with great depth. However, we are not that far off from being a quality team like them. Pruitt and the staff have about 2/3 of this team in really good shape. They need to finish the job.

With this year's team it is all about the O and primarily, the QB who has zero ability to make calls at the LOS to adjust to what the opponent's D is doing. The O-line cannot magically do an adjustment during a play on their own, especially when going against the top D they will see all year. They have to depend on the QB to get them into the right play/blocking for the D he sees. JG is math deficit. He cannot count who is in the box and has no concept of who may be blitzing. He locks on receivers with his body/eyes and does not go through progressions consistently. He rarely senses pressure and thinks slowly compared to his peers. He's just not a quality P-5 QB. After 5 years of it at UT we know what we have. Denials by Pruitt or anybody else does not change the truth. Pruitt makes the final decision about who plays. So he deserves the flak since he consistently refuses to do something about it over multiple years.

UGA was headed down the same path until they switched to Bennett. Ole Miss was headed on the same path until they gave it to Corral. Mizzou was headed down the same path until they gave it to Bazelak.

Keep preaching, the last of the JG truthers still won't accept this!

I refuse to believe JG is the best we have. If he is, than y’all know where the problem is

I refuse to believe JG is the best we have. If he is, than y’all know where the problem is
it's all relative, and that can be defined many different ways.

i know he's not the best qb on our roster. but he may be, and likely still is, the best we have at certain things the others haven't gotten up to speed on.

something else to consider...and i think this is is REALLLLLLY important......there was no spring, so no formal development for the other QB's on the roster to bridge the gap on those other areas....

when spring football got shut down, the first thing i thought about was how detrimental that was going to be to the QB room as a whole....

i know he's not the best qb on our roster. but he may be, and likely still is, the best we have at certain things the others haven't gotten up to speed on.

something else to consider...and i think this is is REALLLLLLY important......there was no spring, so no formal development for the other QB's on the roster to bridge the gap on those other areas....

when spring football got shut down, the first thing i thought about was how detrimental that was going to be to the QB room as a whole....

Doesnt seem to bother other teams but for us we are devastated by it. Sigh.

These are good points

We aren’t winning that game with Trevor Lawrence at QB with the way the line played and RB’s didn’t pick up blitzes.
100% could have won with Trevor Lawrence. That is crazy talk. It’s a one score game without all the turnovers and interception.

100% could have won with Trevor Lawrence. That is crazy talk. It’s a one score game without all the turnovers and interception.

Agree to disagree.

Turnovers were killer but Lawrence wasn’t gonna block those blitzes. Might we have lost by a closer score? Sure. But won? Nah.

And Lawrence doesn't allow them to stack the box with impunity. A decent QB lights them up when they become one dimensional. Our OL would look completely different with a better QB.

No argument it would look better. With the way the OL played tho I just don’t see any QB lighting up that defense.

Doesnt seem to bother other teams but for us we are devastated by it. Sigh.
2 things...1, i did say it's all relative in my post....2. i don't think we're the only ones having isues at qb, i chronicled some other examples in another post...but Kellen Mond, despite Saturday's result, is still having simliar issues he's always had to aTm....and they aren't exactly in a rush to replace him. Mizzous coaches had bazeales or wahtever his name is sitting on the bench for 3 weeks before realizing he's the guy......Miles Brennan at LSU is not the 2nd coming of Joe Burrow it turns out, at lest not yet anway...how's that colorado st. hook up working out in Columbia, SC? you're telling me UGA is starting a kid named Stetson Bennet the iv, and there's no blind damn luck that that's just "worked out"? lol..... the shine has certainly worn off what'shisname in Starkville....

outside Bama, Floriday, and i forgot to mention earlier, Ole Miss and Ark, there's not a ton of QB situations that are golden. and i'd bet every single one of them would love to have had a full spring with their signal callers.

and for us, we knew as soon as 2019 season ended, that QB development was the single biggest factor that would affect 2020. well guess what? we were right.

Reactions: VolGee4
2 things...1, i did say it's all relative in my post....2. i don't think we're the only ones having isues at qb, i chronicled some other examples in another post...but Kellen Mond, despite Saturday's result, is still having simliar issues he's always had to aTm....and they aren't exactly in a rush to replace him. Mizzous coaches had bazeales or wahtever his name is sitting on the bench for 3 weeks before realizing he's the guy......Miles Brennan at LSU is not the 2nd coming of Joe Burrow it turns out, at lest not yet anway...how's that colorado st. hook up working out in Columbia, SC? you're telling me UGA is starting a kid named Stetson Bennet the iv, and there's no blind damn luck that that's just "worked out"? lol..... the shine has certainly worn off what'shisname in Starkville....

outside Bama, Floriday, and i forgot to mention earlier, Ole Miss and Ark, there's not a ton of QB situations that are golden. and i'd bet every single one of them would love to have had a full spring with their signal callers.

and for us, we knew as soon as 2019 season ended, that QB development was the single biggest factor that would affect 2020. well guess what? we were right.

Kellen Mond just beat Florida, I stopped reading right there.

Reactions: jakez4ut

VN Store

Back