'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Georgia Pregame/Game Thread

QB is such a difference maker in a program. I love the kid but I'm over his play. I guess you have to trust the coaches to play the right players but I can't see how Mauer or Shrout could do much worse than JG in the second half.

That’s the problem. We were up at halftime, so there was no reason to change the QB. I’m not sure about Maurer or Shrout- just hope Bailey develops for next year.

Good thing Jeremy got his extension before this game. However, the sky is not falling. UGA just proved they are legit at #3. We are still a wannabe. Probably second tier, will see how they respond. If JG continues at QB, which he will without an injury, I predict 6-4.

By the looks of things we are two classes away from the top level on talent.

We are only one game away from playing smarter. Who knows when it will click. But the team has to step up and cover for JG only being effective for one half against the better teams for this season to end well. They cannot do that when they play that undisciplined and stupid.

To get to an elite level we have to be good enough to beat the opponent and the officials. We are in the process of doing that in basketball with CRB. We need to do it in football. Once you let your program go in the dumper like UT officials did, it takes a lot of work and time to recover. You have to add more time for an inexperienced HC who followed two losers.

I’m done. Welcome to third in the East. We will never be more than that with our coach not growing. He was told by MANY to play Bailey or Maurer and he didn’t. This loss and the loss of recruits is on him. If Tee was our head coach (yes many wanted that) we would NOT be playing JG

Shut up and go get bent. We are better than we’ve been and recruiting is fine. We will win 7 and you will be like a giddy girl. Some weak minded people in here. Georgia has the best defense in the country. Have us by spades with depth and talent. But we have some young players who will grow and learn. Even trey got his butt kicked today side they come in waves. They will lose a lot next year and things will change. Should’ve been a two score game but wasn’t but it wasn’t 41-0. Give him time to clean it up and he will sooner than later. We stayed a half. It hurt not having spring and stuff to develop guys but we will get there. We get one more class and another year of development and we will have a good QB next year and will take the final leap. First thing is beating teams we should and we are. Georgia is not a team we should beat but could of things go our way. Making progress and will continue. Only ones jumping ship are weak people.

UGA's last 4 recruiting classes on the composite were ranked 3, 1, 2 and 1. We are much stronger on the LOS than we were a year ago or certainly two years ago, but it was fool's gold to think we were at that level yet. We are moving in the right direction. We will not see a more talented team than UGA this year other than Bama, 7-3 or 8-2 is still on the table as a reasonable possibility. 8-2 may not be likely but with the way Florida's defense looked today against A&M (who is not good), they are beatable if this team plays to the best of its ability, especially since we have them at home...in December.
Mentioned this pregame, but not everyone wants to hear it. UGA's mid-93 average recruits vs our mid-89 average recruits is the same talent gap as between us and Pitt. We have a good ways to go. Credit to our staff and this team playing well for a half and we have another big chance in 2 weeks vs Bama.

Keep taking steps and crootin...the Clemson method! Parity will come, but it takes time.

I want to agree with you, but I guess that’s the difference between having a good coach and a great coach. A good coach needs equal talent to have a chance at winning and a great coach doesn’t. We aren’t going to close a talent gap when losing by 3 TDs in every meaningful game. We’re going to be stuck in this limbo until then.
I’ll jump on board with coaching issues when I see them - you know that.

Today didn’t feel that way to me - at least not from the head coach.

Our offensive line wasn’t ready for Georgia’s front seven. I don’t know if it’s coaching. I’m not ready to say.

But again, our two biggest issues seem to me, to be at QB and linebacker. We have a QB who limits what our offense can run. And our linebackers are too big and too stiff to play against a team with a good group of receivers and a good QB.

What do the coaches see from Garantano in practice that makes them keep rolling him out there 4 years later? I want to understand. His ceiling is beating bad teams. And even when we win those, he’s not all world. If your QB can only throw a couple good deep balls per game, you can’beat any team with a heartbeat

I'll be interested to see how this team responds next week vs KY. If they beat that cat **** out of them, I'll feel better.
That will be a great challenge for our DL and run defense. Their OL is trucking teams. Luckily that seems to be one of our strengths! And our offense should moooove.

CJP will get in the OL's azz.

What do the coaches see from Garantano in practice that makes them keep rolling him out there 4 years later? I want to understand. His ceiling is beating bad teams. And even when we win those, he’s not all world. If your QB can only throw a couple good deep balls per game, you can’beat any team with a heartbeat

The sad part is his ceiling is beating bad teams and it took him 4 years to get to that point. We aren’t beating GA, UF, and Bama with JG.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
The last few years, outside of 2 games (one was Auburn 2018), our other 4 games vs big dogs were 25+ spreads...that IS less than a 1% chance to win!

I would give Pruitt a year or two of these 7-14 pt spread games first to see how he does. 1 out of 5 would be par. If he does better, awesome. Let's see if he beats one of the big 3 between now and end of 2021, cool Jack?

I’m not saying we fire the guy now or even next year but the red flags need to be noted and discussed. It’s too easy to explain them away.

He gets us in the right sets, gets us in the right protections, he pushes the ball downfield (2nd in the sec pushing the ball), he makes some big time throws, he protects the ball, he's a leader and has the team behind him, he's tough as effing nails......

How many answers were you needing? 😁

My understanding of it is two fold:

1) Pruitt is pretty conservative when it comes to what he wants out of the offense. JG understands how to “gear down” better than the other QBs on the roster.

2) There simply has not been anyone in practice good enough or consistent enough to beat him out.

Reactions: beachmaster
I’m not saying we fire the guy now or even next year but the red flags need to be noted and discussed. It’s too easy to explain them away.
I think this is the first year he has had a chance. His first 2 years - he had 6 games where he was 12.5 points or more as a dog. Hypothetically, he should have lost ALL of them 72% of the time. Well, he won one game...so he has been ahead of the averages.

I'm just saying let's see how the next year and a half goes in these games now that he has at least a reasonable shot in some of these games. Being 28-35 point dogs to Bama and UGA with another staff's players and fits are not fair representations.

He gets us in the right sets, gets us in the right protections, he pushes the ball downfield (2nd in the sec pushing the ball), he makes some big time throws, he protects the ball, he's a leader and has the team behind him, he's tough as effing nails......

How many answers were you needing? 😁

He’s a proven loser

1) Pruitt is pretty conservative when it comes to what he wants out of the offense. JG understands how to “gear down” better than the other QBs on the roster.

2) There simply has not been anyone in practice good enough or consistent enough to beat him out.
Or JG has compromising pics of Pruitt prancing around the locker room in his wife's panties. The old Bama way of having an unspectacular QB with a great defense and running game isn't going to work with JG.

#2 is scary AF if true.

Shut up and go get bent. We are better than we’ve been and recruiting is fine. We will win 7 and you will be like a giddy girl. Some weak minded people in here. Georgia has the best defense in the country. Have us by spades with depth and talent. But we have some young players who will grow and learn. Even trey got his butt kicked today side they come in waves. They will lose a lot next year and things will change. Should’ve been a two score game but wasn’t but it wasn’t 41-0. Give him time to clean it up and he will sooner than later. We stayed a half. It hurt not having spring and stuff to develop guys but we will get there. We get one more class and another year of development and we will have a good QB next year and will take the final leap. First thing is beating teams we should and we are. Georgia is not a team we should beat but could of things go our way. Making progress and will continue. Only ones jumping ship are weak people.
Why do we have to wait until next year to play a good QB as you state? Why can’t he play now? I’m tired of getting blown out by our main rivals especially in year three. I never thought we would win, I did expect to compete and it be a close score. If anyone gets upset around here, people claim you are jumping ship. News flash, many people are pissed when we continue to limit our team with bad QB play and our coach refuses to make a change. Our defense played their tail off and I am tired of seeing us handcuffed because of JG. I’m done with our coach playing JG and keeping us from taking the next step. We are a good team missing a big key piece.

Or JG has compromising pics of Pruitt prancing around the locker room in his wife's panties. The old Bama way of having an unspectacular QB with a great defense and running game isn't going to work with JG.

You need a QB that won’t lose it for you. JG isn’t that QB.

There have been tons of red flags during the Pruitt era. I’m not sure what good noting and discussing them does except demoralize the fanbase.

Bottom line is Pruitt will either improve and we’ll progress as a program, or he won’t and he’ll end up getting fired.

I truly believed after the Schianamo that we were in for at least 3-4 awful years before we started digging our way out. That doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. I’m still happy about that, even if I’m really pissed about how we performed today.

Reactions: theutvolunteers

VN Store

Back