'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Georgia Pregame/Game Thread

Kirby started 3 years ahead of Pruitt and is not still 3 years ahead. We are close. Reminded me of a 90s FL game. Stupid mistakes, no stops on third, and we didn’t establish the run

We're a QB away from competing with the big boys.

It's mystifying that we still don't have anyone ready to step in ahead of JG. A good QB makes the whole team, including the coaching staff, better.

We are not close. Our o line got whipped. We got little consistent pressure. We constantly looked slower than Uga and still in year 3 have trouble lining up correctly.

We are closer than what Pruitt inherited, which is how you evaluate it. Give me 3-5 more high impact recruits, and we are there. Smart inherited Chubb, Michel, Roquan Smith, Mecole Hardman, and good OL prospects and almost lost to Nichols State. Just need to keep adding and developing.

This team won’t beat Bama, but this team ABSOLUTELY can beat every other team on the schedule.

Aside from Bama, every game left is winnable.
Aside from Vandy, every game left is loseable.

Let’s let it play out.
And if they dont beat Bama theres only 1 team worth a damn left and they aint beating UF.

It's mystifying that we still don't have anyone ready to step in ahead of JG. A good QB makes the whole team, including the coaching staff, better.
If Harrison Bailey would have had enough time to practice he would have pushed jg more imo. Odd, ignorant, miserable year.

How does he know if hes going to stoke gold if he won't play another QB?

He played Maurer and Shrout quite a bit last year. JG was better. Only bias would cause you to say otherwise. Harrison Bailey has NO spring ball, NO legit summer workouts, and barely any fall camp due to COVID stuff.

This, the QB on the bench is Patrick Mahommes, has to stop.

Right now JG gives us the best chance.
And Pruitt is NOT gonna put the young guy out there to “prepare for the future”. It’s clear that’s not who Pruitt is. He wants to try to win as much as possible now, and let tomorrow worry about itself.

We are closer than what Pruitt inherited, which is how you evaluate it. Give me 3-5 more high impact recruits, and we are there. Smart inherited Chubb, Michel, Roquan Smith, Mecole Hardman, and good OL prospects and almost lost to Nichols State. Just need to keep adding and developing.
38-12
43-14
44-21
I dont call that progress

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol

Don't forget we had no spring practice and even if he's as good as advertised HB missed the crucial spring reps and was held out a lot in the fall for contact tracing.

I'm hitting the bourbon now but one of the other QB's was injured this fall IIRC.

I can see JG being the best option to start the season.

He played Maurer and Shrout quite a bit last year. JG was better. Only bias would cause you to say otherwise. Harrison Bailey has NO spring ball, NO legit summer workouts, and barely any fall camp due to COVID stuff.

And Pruitt is NOT gonna put the young guy out there to “prepare for the future”. It’s clear that’s not who Pruitt is. He wants to try to win as much as possible now, and let tomorrow worry about itself.
I think Maurer does things better than Jg that help a struggling offense.

Don't forget we had no spring practice and even if he's as good as advertised HB missed the crucial spring reps and was held out a lot in the fall for contact tracing.

I'm hitting the bourbon now but one of the other QB's was injured this fall IIRC.

I can see JG being the best option to start the season.
Maurer was battling a hammy

People have said for the past 4 years. lol

38-12
43-14
44-21
I dont call that progress

I don’t look at just scores to determine that. The defense played well and wasn’t gashed. We had 21 at half and should have scored at least 10 in second half. We beat USC on road and dominated Mizzou, who scored 45 on LSU. Didn’t do that 2 years ago.

We can’t be THAT bad right? That will have to be our worst game of the year if we are going to dig out of this hole.

I don’t look at just scores to determine that. The defense played well and wasn’t gashed. We had 21 at half and should have scored at least 10 in second half. We beat USC on road and dominated Mizzou, who scored 45 on LSU. Didn’t do that 2 years ago.
So we are a fanbase thats cool with beating nobodies and getting smoked by good teams. Got it. I'll talk myself into being cool with it by next week. Sorry for wanting more.

Every coach makes mistakes and bad roster decisions sometimes. Do you not think that Harrison had the playbook for a while? He was groomed to play from the start. This is Pruitt going with someone who doesn’t usually turn the ball over and less talent in order to let his defense win games. But when you play a better team, you can’t have an average QB. JG is what is holding us back. Without those turnovers and better decisions, this is a close game that could go to either team.

One thing that DOES concern me about trying to catch UGA / Bama.

We are trying to build a team just like theirs. Which means the only way to beat them is to catch up with roster talent.

Other teams who do it differently, i.e. Ole Miss with Hugh Freeze / Kiffin, have a better chance of steaming a win because they are so wide open.

But I do think the Pruitt approach is more sustainable over the long haul. Just might take longer.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan

VN Store

Back