'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Georgia Pregame/Game Thread

Seeing JG play is like watching a little league baseball game and the coach is letting his son pitch.

He is a VFL and by all accounts a great young man.

He is just off. He is indecisive at times and cannot see blitzes. Throws are often late , high, or behind. He still stares down receivers. Most importantly he doesn't recover well after a mistake. As a fifth year senior I don't think it is unreasonable to expect more. Maybe Bass is right about Weinke. If we don't have a QB on the roster that can do better at this point then they are doing a poor job of developing the position. I also believe Chaney loses confidence in JG as the game goes on and tries to limit the damage by narrowing the playbook .

Georgia's defense was good. Our defense was good until they got gassed. Not impressed by Georgia's offense.

Sorry had to get off my chest . I am sick of seeing them trot out number 2 and telling everyone he is the only option. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. Rip the bandaid off and play for the future. Time to get the other QB's some playing time.
agreed, well said.

Miami fan friend said after JG threw an INT, on sideline pouting, blaming everyone else... we shoulda benched his ass. this year does nothing but help younger players, why not use v that?

They don’t trust JG to throw to the middle of the field. This is the biggest problem with him. You can’t take that away. Got to let him do it or replace him with someone you do. Problem may be we don’t trust anyone to do so.
Agree. Our offense consists of long 50/50 bombs or short bullets directed at the sideline. We have no intermediate type passes that use the middle of the field, and very few slants if any. I would have loved for JG to succeed because that means TN succeeds. Instead, It feels like a miracle when he completes passes. It shouldn’t be so difficult. 😐

Last edited:
They don’t trust JG to throw to the middle of the field. This is the biggest problem with him. You can’t take that away. Got to let him do it or replace him with someone you do. Problem may be we don’t trust anyone to do so.
Well can’t be any worse than allowing 2 turnovers to fumbles.....

Last thing I will say is we are not an elite team yet and we all knew this who are reasonable on this board. We were thinking 5-5 or 6-4 with our SEC schedule. Georgia is an elite team. They just are. We hoped they had taken a step back but have not. This year recruiting will tell both teams if they are moving up or down. Go Vols.

Entire offense sucked. Bad. Except for Palmer. Regardless of how good Georgia is I think we would have struggled against anyone playing that soft and mistake prone. As bad as the line was it's still no excuse for JG to turn the ball over three times. Whether you get sacked or not you shouldn't fumble and throw inceptions every time it happens. The turnovers changed the game. We were still in it despite being physically dominated until the turnovers and immediate scores thereafter. Defense did some impressive things on those goal line stands, but struggled in space and failed to get much pass rush as usual. Also dropped a couple interceptions again. They spent way too much time on the field mainly cause the offense sucked. Our linemen may as well have been 250 lbs cause there was no difference in performance. Very disappointed there. We had a chance to steal that game until the turnovers though. JG sealed the game for them for sure. We are missing pieces to be a great team still. We need a real QB, a center, and two pass rushing DEs who can get to a QB in less than ten seconds. 2021 and 2022 maybe we'll finally get there.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I stated to someone Kennedy was the weak point of the line and always allows pressure up the middle I almost got crucified for that a couple weeks ago.....
No that is true and provable. But Wright has stunk too and Cade has been mistake prone. Wanya had how many penalties yesterday? Our OL penalties were just laughable ugh

agreed, well said.

Miami fan friend said after JG threw an INT, on sideline pouting, blaming everyone else... we shoulda benched his ass. this year does nothing but help younger players, why not use v that?
Miami fan saw what it looks like when your QB hit a chainsaw defense as well.

No that is true and provable. But Wright has stunk too and Cade has been mistake prone. Wanya had how many penalties yesterday? Our OL penalties were just laughable ugh
This is also true. Wasn’t a good day for the O-Line. I’ve seen small moments of Spraggins and Cooper Mays. I say play them if the others don’t want to step up and move Cade to RT.

I think we saw what kind of negative effects the utterly stupid contact tracing fiasco brought. Not an excuse but it surely didn’t help.

While yesterday was disappointing and it was another blowout loss to our rival, I do believe Georgia is the best team we’ll play all year (especially defensively) still think 7 wins is possible.

7-3 year has at least 3 quality to really good wins in there and I’d be ecstatic.

You were wrong last week. LSU rushed for 49 yards against Mizzou yesterday. Alabama rushed for 111. We rushed for 232. Hmmm.
I wasn't wrong. If I remember correctly I said the offensive line doesnt look that good. And reiterated that the reason I said that was because of the passing downs mostly.

I wasn't wrong. If I remember correctly I said the offensive line doesnt look that good. And reiterated that the reason I said that was because of the passing downs mostly.

Lol. JG May have been sacked one time last week. But that’s cool that you can still believe it.

Seeing JG play is like watching a little league baseball game and the coach is letting his son pitch.

He is a VFL and by all accounts a great young man.

He is just off. He is indecisive at times and cannot see blitzes. Throws are often late , high, or behind. He still stares down receivers. Most importantly he doesn't recover well after a mistake. As a fifth year senior I don't think it is unreasonable to expect more. Maybe Bass is right about Weinke. If we don't have a QB on the roster that can do better at this point then they are doing a poor job of developing the position. I also believe Chaney loses confidence in JG as the game goes on and tries to limit the damage by narrowing the playbook .

Georgia's defense was good. Our defense was good until they got gassed. Not impressed by Georgia's offense.

Sorry had to get off my chest . I am sick of seeing them trot out number 2 and telling everyone he is the only option. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. Rip the bandaid off and play for the future. Time to get the other QB's some playing time.

My biggest complaint with CJP. He's not doing that with the QB position. He does that at every other position except QB. That's really strange. It suggests something else is going on. The other QB's are legitimate talents, especially HB. Why would you deliberately screw over the other 80 non-QB players by not trying to find a solution at the one position that underperforms year after year?

If there was ever a season to do what you posted it would be this one. It's a weird, COVID messed up year. Most all programs are getting a pass on their final results. This team was in no way ready to compete for the SEC. So rip the bandaid off...

Reactions: rekinhavoc
My biggest complaint with CJP. He's not doing that with the QB position. He does that at every other position except QB. That's really strange. It suggests something else is going on. The other QB's are legitimate talents, especially HB. Why would you deliberately screw over the other 80 non-QB players by not trying to find a solution at the one position that underperforms year after year?

If there was ever a season to do what you posted it would be this one. It's a weird, COVID messed up year. Most all programs are getting a pass on their final results. This team was in no way ready to compete for the SEC. So rip the bandaid off...
Any other skill position player would be benched for 3 fumbles and an INT. Let alone in one half of football.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL

Bailey has barely practiced. Was told today by another poster that Maurer has lingering hammy issue that’s kept him out a ton. Assuming they are correct?

So really, you just mean Shrout.

JG can’t feel pressure in the pocket so he can’t escape it. For him, It either develops right in front of his face or it doesn’t exist. So he has no shot when the OL is beat (which it was a TON against UGA - truly a dismal performance by that OL).

VN Store

Back