Will JG be back next year?

If there are no obvious improvements, I don't think he comes back.

**lol** it took me a few days to come to that opinion.

If there is a 2020 season he is done playing college football, he already had his redshirt season

I kind of get a kick out of the notion that everyday the same 4 or 5 reporters squint and struggle to see 15 minutes of practice from 100 yards away and then start typing furiously trying to turn routes on air into a story.
What’s even more impressive is how they are able to squint hard enough to see a portion of practice they are not allowed to see. How would any of them know who’s outperformed who if they’re not allowed to see the 11 on 11 portion?

I

It is from last year. And no it’s not relevant to now. It just helps my argument that what we hear from practice reports and media obviously isn’t always complete truth when you have the qb coach contradicting the narrative. His perception seems to match my observation of practice as of last year. No need to point out that this year hasn’t really had an opportunity yet.
I hope 3 things. One, I hope that someone performs at a much higher level than anyone has since Dobbs. Two, I hope that person separates themselves enough to avoid controversy or especially division in the lockerroom. Three, I hope that each of the guys can believe that they got a fair shot.

I think the NCAA will change that rule for the schools that play
They can’t change it after the first game is played so they only have a couple weeks. Teams are going to play freshmen, that might normally have played, based on that rule. They won’t be able to go backwards after the season starts.

I hope 3 things. One, I hope that someone performs at a much higher level than anyone has since Dobbs. Two, I hope that person separates themselves enough to avoid controversy or especially division in the lockerroom. Three, I hope that each of the guys can believe that they got a fair shot.
I couldn’t agree more and here’s the shocker..... no matter who it is

Reactions: sjt18
They can’t change it after the first game is played so they only have a couple weeks. Teams are going to play freshmen, that might normally have played, based on that rule. They won’t be able to go backwards after the season starts.
So if Bailey actually redshirts this season and games are played, he still has 5 left ? I didnt read into the rule much because of all the doubt about the season and obviously NFL prospects dont care about an extra year - they are leaving no matter what

I’m sure someone has asked this but with this season not counting is he coming back?

Thank you, sir, for the new JG thread.

I feel like we don't give enough attention to this very important member of our team. I appreciate you helping turn the spotlight onto him, at least a little.

Go Vols!

p.s. No one, not even JG, knows if he's coming back yet. Ask again in January.

Would he be eligible for a graduate transfer? I am wishing him well this season, but I don’t see him wanting to spend his final college season as a backup to a probable HB starter.
If HB was naturally better than what we have like most think then Covid wouldn’t have stopped him from out shining the others. He has a playbook just like everyone else.

VN Store

Back