JG stat

JG can earn his wings this weekend. If he can manage the game with no turnovers and at least even or > on TOP. The rest of the team IMO is good enough to squeak out a victory.

It gets worse when you take out the short easy throws. Thirteen SEC QB's have more than 15 attempts over 10 yards. The average of that group is 49.01%. The top three are Jones 75%, Hill 57.89%, and Corral 53..85%. JG is dead last in that group at 31.82%. Eight of the 13 are over 50%. Next worse is Mond at about 38.5%.

He's one of 3 QB's in the SEC who has not had a WR drop at that range. I don't think anyone questions whether UT's receivers have been getting open. Only 4 guys have been pressured less on throws that depth. He's 3rd worst in uncatchable passes at that range.

He MUST do better or he will cost UT games.

You say that like he hasn't done that many times already :)

...and JG is throwing the 2nd furthest on average 😭

Context...

Or do people expect 15 yard passes to have the same accuracy as 5 yard passes 😅😄😭😭

QBR is 6th in the conference ? Are you trying to complement a 5th Qb or criticize him , I’m not sure?

Because that stat tells us is exactly who JG is, an average passer who protects the ball at an above-average level. NOT an offensive liability who needs to be replaced by (insert name of unknown quantity here) IMMEDIATELY.

Of course, this is all aside from the fact that this is a paltry sample size of two games in an offense that has trended slightly more toward toward the run so his attempts are in the bottom half of the league.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Because that stat tells us is exactly who JG is, an average passer who protects the ball at an above-average level. NOT an offensive liability who needs to be replaced by (insert name of unknown quantity here) IMMEDIATELY.

Of course, this is all aside from the fact that this is a paltry sample size of two games in an offense that has trended slightly more toward toward the run so his attempts are in the bottom half of the league.
Or his QBR could slide downward if the Vol offense was more pass oriented. He may regress if he has to pass more. I believe this scenario is more likely.

Or his QBR could slide downward if the Vol offense was more pass oriented. He may regress if he has to pass more. I believe this scenario is more likely.
Or he could fart a unicorn and then it will rain gold coins on all of us at halftime. My speculation is equally as valid.

(FYI he finished last season at 144 so his history isn’t even on your side)

Or he could fart a unicorn and then it will rain gold coins on all of us at halftime. My speculation is equally as valid.

(FYI he finished last season at 144 so his history isn’t even on your side)
Damn I wish I'd written that.

After what seems like 10 merciless years of JG, this is his last year; thank God.

You ready for a kick in the nuts? I’d bet the house he’ll be our qb again next year. This year doesn’t count against eligibility. And it’s not like he’s going to shoot up on any draft boards. He’s the gift that keeps on giving. Lol

Wait a second how is his “Accuracy Percentage” (made up proprietary PFF stat) lower than his completion percentage?

Here’s the formula:
Accuracy% = (Completions + Drops) / (Attempts – Throw Aways – Batted Passes – Spikes – Hit As Thrown)

I may be wrong but it seems like it would be mathematically impossible for this stat to be lower than a straight forward completion percentage...

What does this mean? I mean that literally. Please explain WTF this percentage is.
JG is currently 9th in completion which is where I, and I believe most people, look for accuracy.

I feel like this is some BS state that you cannot really explain at all other than it working for your narrative. If I am wrong, please explain how this state was gathered. It doesn't make sense based on any official SEC statistic.

2020 Player Statistics

Wait a second how is his “Accuracy Percentage” (made up proprietary PFF stat) lower than his completion percentage?

Here’s the formula:
Accuracy% = (Completions + Drops) / (Attempts – Throw Aways – Batted Passes – Spikes – Hit As Thrown)

I may be wrong but it seems like it would be mathematically impossible for this stat to be lower than a straight forward completion percentage...

This is me. I don't understand where this stat comes from. It doesn't line up with what is typically used.

Measure not just of completions but balls thrown accurately. It adjusts for competition and being bailed out by receivers.
That is so subjective. There is no way you can look at it like this and not be off due to misinterpretation. What if a hook route called for a turn in but the receiver turns out yet the pass connects although it looks behind him. You would never know the difference. This is a trash stat.

Keyton has 2 bad routes, one at SC was thrown right and should've been a TD
If you are talking about the one where he turned one way and the ball was to the other side... I don't know who was right/wrong on that play. He turned over his left shoulder without hesitation. How do you know it was correctly thrown?

OK. JG has attempted 55 passes and even if you are right about that play... less than 5% have been bad routes. "Should have been a TD" is kind of tough to swallow when you are talking about a 4 year starter who has averaged under one TD pass per game for his career. Mizzou was the first time in 28 starts when UT scored more than 30 points vs an FBS opponent.

I want the guy to do well. He's a Vol and the starter. But what he's done thus far in his career won't be enough for UT to win this Saturday or against any other top tier opponent. UT is close enough that "great" QB play could make them competitive with the SEC's best.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
That is so subjective. There is no way you can look at it like this and not be off due to misinterpretation. What if a hook route called for a turn in but the receiver turns out yet the pass connects although it looks behind him. You would never know the difference. This is a trash stat.
LOL... like any stat that demonstrates why JG has been ineffective as a passer, right?

UT finally has a dominant run game and JG manages it well. But the weaknesses in his passing game are not gone. They're still a significant liability.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back