'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

He’s in the NFL on a practice squad. That’s great. But it’s not because he is an exceptionally fast safety.

You said he and Abernathy (who isn’t in the NFL) might’ve been the fastest safety combo in the SEC. Warrior does not have elite speed. Period.

To be fair, there aren't many exceptionally fast safeties, even in the NFL. If you look at the best safeties in roughly the last 10 years, only Polamalu and Reggie Nelson ran sub 4.4 40's.

Earl Thomas, Devin McCourty, and Eric Berry were about 4.4. Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James were 4.46/4.47. Then, you have guys like Eric Weddle, Harrison Smith, Tyran Mathieu, Jamal Adams, Kevin Byard, Malcolm Jenkins, and Justin Simmons who were all 4.5 or above (some even close or above 4.6). Ed Reed is considered a top 10 all time safety, and he ran a 4.57. As a strong safety, Kam Chancellor ran a 4.69, but he was a little different player.

I'm not saying Warrior is fast, but it's a position that requires more read, react, and angles than straight line speed.

Does anyone know if the 2020 season counts as a redshirt for those who haven't used theirs already? If it doesn't, there will be a bunch of 6 year guys that aren't NFL caliber down the road, if they want to hang around that long.
It doesn't count as a redshirt for anyone. It's like it never happened.

Yes there will be, though they have yet to make exceptions for 2022 and on for the 85 limit. Something will have to give in some direction eventually.

Does anyone know if the 2020 season counts as a redshirt for those who haven't used theirs already? If it doesn't, there will be a bunch of 6 year guys that aren't NFL caliber down the road, if they want to hang around that long.
It’s a free year, eligibility time clock wise. Redshirting is meaningless. If you miss the season for medical reasons tho, one might want it documented for future waiver purposes.

Evidently "Borgia" is the name of a Military family over seas.

Learn something new everyday.
I believe they were the family of a Pope, back in the 1500s. Although, they did do a lot military stuff, if the series I watched on Starz (maybe Showtime) was factual. Good series, I recommend it. Btw, it was called "The Borgias"

Can someone explain to me why he went from a TE/WR to a running back?..has he been cordarrelle patterson in practice or something?

VN Store

Back