'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

One of the most versatile players in Tennessee's freshman class is facing a stretch on the sideline after suffering an injury in practice this week. Head coach Jeremy Pruitt revealed on the SEC teleconference on Wednesday morning that running back Dee Beckwith hurt his ankle this week and won't play in Saturday's season opener at South Carolina and possibly beyond. Beckwith has played wide receiver, tight end and running back this preseason and had been coming on in recent practices.

The 6-foot-5, 220-pound athlete was moved to running back a couple of weeks ago with the Vols shorthanded in their backfield in practice and had been impressing teammates and coaches, but after missing some time in the summer he's been sidelined by an injury.

Depending on the type of ankle injury it will take about 4-6 weeks to recover. Then get it back into playing shape..... ankle injuries suck.

Yeah.
I remember Percy Harvin missed the SEC title game ( ankle) and barely made it back to the BCSC Game against OU 4 weeks later.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Yeah.
I remember Percy Harvin missed the SEC title game ( ankle) and barely made it back to the BCSC Game against OU 4 weeks later.

Yeah and he probably rushed back onto the field.

I had a High Ankle Sprain in HS during the football season and played on it the next week. Usually takes 6 weeks to heal. It took about 2 months for it to heal back to normal since I was playing on it. Granted I didn’t have the type of physical therapy they have access to. So who knows.....

I guess my point is he could probably play on it earlier but there is really no need for him to when he could just let it heal up to 100% and then come back. It’s always better for your body that way anyways.

not sure if jesting.

Kids can play in 4 games and still get a redshirt. If he misses 4-6 because of this ankle would we not at least entertain the thought? That's him only missing two extra games max, and he can come back next year even more in shape with another 4 years. We get more running backs this recruiting class and he can focus on TE or WR?

Reactions: ChiTownVol
There is no loss of eligibility this year whoops sorry this has been said.
Does anyone know if the 2020 season counts as a redshirt for those who haven't used theirs already? If it doesn't, there will be a bunch of 6 year guys that aren't NFL caliber down the road, if they want to hang around that long.

VN Store

Back