'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

Slow your roll. I actually was rooting for CFA! But he was not on the roster for over a month without word ... until today when JP said he was sitting out.
I am still hoping that CFA can and will make a difference.
Just so we are clear we are going to use 3 or 4 running backs during the season due to injuries, dings, and covid19 and tracing ... right now ... we are a little thin there.
Personally, I am concerned with Dee as an RB, but I am not the coach ... so I will roll with Graham.
I misunderstood your tone. My apologies.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
yes. said they cant see him playing any meaningful snaps at RB. He's been cruited over. Will get playing time somewhere tho.

Hard to imagine we are this depleted at RB and or DL. And before yall misidentify this a an affront to Pruitt, I blame Butch.

Even if its not directly his fault, I still blame that 'nozzle.

There's nothing to blame for.

Have you paid attention to our roster at all?
We have one of the deepest Dline in the conference...
At RB we have two potential studs and some pretty decent freshman.

Per Pruitt it is not a given that he will play next year so his UT playing career may be over.
AP said in the 2 minute drill after Pruitt spoke on CFA that they seriously doubt his return in January. Pruitt said he has battled numerous injuries while here. But was a great teammate and did well academically. He will do fine in life.

I'm amazed at how underutilized the speed that we did have was or has been used. Warrior and Abernathy might have been the fastest safety duo in the SEC when they played together, but nothing really seemed to click there. We've had some NFL speed at WR, that's been underutilized as well. Hopefully these issues are changing. These young receivers seemed to be faster than a $5 hooker.

Warrior? Um...look, I love how the kid improved, but he was not a fast Safety. Did you see his INT return in Tuscaloosa last year? A fast safety turns that into a 100 yard TD return. Warrior was run down like a cheetah taking down a cow.

Warrior? Um...look, I love how the kid improved, but he was not a fast Safety. Did you see his INT return in Tuscaloosa last year? A fast safety turns that into a 100 yard TD return. Warrior was run down like a cheetah taking down a cow.
Yeah Warrior probably runs in the 4.6 closer to 4.7 range in the 40. Definitely didn’t show any top end speed there.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Yeah Warrior probably runs in the 4.6 closer to 4.7 range in the 40. Definitely didn’t show any top end speed there.

I’m guessing he’s 4.7-4.8 with an accurate time. On that play, if Ruggs hadn’t caught him, Waddle would have. The speed with which they both made up ground on him was staggering and really exposed his lack of top end SEC speed.

Watch the embedded video. It’s the first highlight. Hell, Waddle about passed him.

Henry Ruggs III shows off speed chasing down Tennessee player

Maybe he was dinged up. Apparently he is fast enough to have a practice squad spot with the Ravens. Does that qualify as NFL speed in your book?

I did look it up. His best time pre draft was 4.52. There were 10 other safeties in the draft that had faster times. While not as fast as I thought, still isn't slow either.

Ruggs runs a 4.27 40...NOBODY was taking that back 100 yards against that speed. Period.

I’m guessing he’s 4.7-4.8 with an accurate time. On that play, if Ruggs hadn’t caught him, Waddle would have. The speed with which they both made up ground on him was staggering and really exposed his lack of top end SEC speed.

Watch the embedded video. It’s the first highlight. Hell, Waddle about passed him.

Henry Ruggs III shows off speed chasing down Tennessee player

Yeah I love Warrior but he definitely doesn't have top end speed. I never watched Ruggs' pursuit before on that highlight but man he closes on him quickly

Maybe he was dinged up. Apparently he is fast enough to have a practice squad spot with the Ravens. Does that qualify as NFL speed in your book?

He’s in the NFL on a practice squad. That’s great. But it’s not because he is an exceptionally fast safety.

You said he and Abernathy (who isn’t in the NFL) might’ve been the fastest safety combo in the SEC. Warrior does not have elite speed. Period.

VN Store

Back