Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news, I have been keeping an eye on the forecast models for this weekend. Delta just made landfall on the Yucatan peninsula this morning and will soon be back over the Gulf of Mexico. Delta is projected to make landfall as a Cat 2-3 hurricane near somewhere along the central Louisiana coast. That area was hit very hard by Laura, so please keep those people in your thoughts. Some good news for us is that the forecast for Delta has shifted to the west a good bit. Both the American forecast model (left) and the European forecast model (right) have less than a half inch of rain by 8:00 PM Saturday Night. I have circled the location of Athens on the map, and the numbers are in inches.

Attachments

• UTvsUGA.png
    UTvsUGA.png
    1 MB · Views: 76
Yikes. I get it though. Arkie broke that awful streak. But chug a beer. Shoot some heroin. Hit your thumb with a hammer. But not this.

Arkansas Fan Celebrated 1st SEC Win In Over 1k Days By Taking Down An Entire Tin Of Dip

This brings back a bad memory. When I was about 12-13 I went jogging with my dad after supper one evening. He was a Beechnut fanatic and he put a plug in his mouth and I asked if I could, so he gave me a plug and I stuck it in the side of my mouth. Somewhere during jogging something went terribly wrong and I swallowed that nasty shat and literally turned green and wetched my insides out. Horrible experience, but it did keep me from ever putting a plug in my mouth again. And have never dipped snuff, although I always kept a tin around for bee and wasp stings.

We have to remember that it’s going to be difficult for Roman Harper to hide the dislike for Tennessee. He was a member of that 2005 Bama teamthat beat Fulmer and ended their drought against Tennessee. He was e player that punched the ball out to create the turnover that sealed the game. They hated Tennessee and Fulmer and there was a similar hate for Tennessee that we currently feel about Georgia. Let’s face it, if you’re in your 40’s and a a Tennessee fan, Georgia was a afterthought in my mind when we played them when I was a child and all the way up into college. It was Bama and Florida, Georgia felt like a South Carolina game to me.
Eff him, then. He should be professional.

For Tennessee to win we need to do the following.

1. D-line and linebackers have to get penetration and reset the line of scrimmage on every play. No plays off.
2. The offense needs to stretch the field sideline to sideline to take pressure off the interior O-line(Brandon Kennedy). Give a little action to keep them honest.
3. Misdirection plays need to be called early and often. Use Georgia’s over aggressive nature against them.
4. If Hyatt doesn’t run two miles Saturday by stretching the field vertically, Jim Chaney did not do his job.
5. JG needs a zero mistake game. (Turnovers, reads, checks)
6. Special teams

We do this and we have a chance in the fourth.

1. D-line and linebackers have to get penetration and reset the line of scrimmage on every play. No plays off.
2. The offense needs to stretch the field sideline to sideline to take pressure off the interior O-line(Brandon Kennedy). Give a little action to keep them honest.
3. Misdirection plays need to be called early and often. Use Georgia’s over aggressive nature against them.
4. If Hyatt doesn’t run two miles Saturday by stretching the field vertically, Jim Chaney did not do his job.
6. Special teams

OR

They could just score more points than Georgia.

6. Special teams

Damn, we got to do all of that just to have a chance in the 4th?

Man I want this one bad
That's always been our problem in big rivalry games. "We tend to want it too bad" and play too tight and end up losing. Hopefully, Pruitt has this team focused and that will not be the case this year. If you don't believe you can win, most of the time you won't win.

Here is what it comes down to for me - pretty simple and not scientific, but it's in the trenches.

Our Strength: OL vs. Their Strength: DL - this is a great match up and a toss up. Call it even.

Our DL vs. Their OL - this is an edge for them. I think this means in theory that they will have an easier time moving the ball and potentially scoring.

Here is what it comes down to for me - pretty simple and not scientific, but it's in the trenches.

Our Strength: OL vs. Their Strength: DL - this is a great match up and a toss up. Call it even.

Our DL vs. Their OL - this is an edge for them. I think this means in theory that they will have an easier time moving the ball and potentially scoring.
We gotta hope for JG to have one of those crazy out of nowhere games that he does have occasionally..that would swing it in our favor.

I don't have much hope for that though..just a little flicker really. If he does his crumbling routine we are going to get run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back