Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, like I said, the Saints secondary is the WORST in the NFL by a long shot... how can you be that good of a team overall and be that pathetic on pass defense?? SMFH

It also took Dobbs years to be somewhat accurate. Not his fault that he had a grad assistant for a qb coach but if my job was on the line I would take Shuler. That’s not a diss on Dobbs at all. Kid was outstanding for us but maybe it’s because he underperformed in key losses as well as made miracles on the field and those performances are more recent. Dobbs was a double edged sword at times.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
He stunk and now lost to a MWC QB. Just the facts. Maybe he finishes better, but he was nowhere near JG's level last year and no reason to think he is now.

JG has had one of the higher ADOTs in the league the past couple years. Throwing 5 yard passes is a weird myth that has persisted nonetheless from the legion.

Don't love, but I support him.
You and your stupid analytics numbers...I hope JG plays well, but I don't give a crap what those numbers say, he absolutely stunk as a starter...against putrid, horrid secondaries.

I know you love that crap, but I don't. 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: UTSuave’
It also took Dobbs years to be somewhat accurate. Not his fault that he had a grad assistant for a qb coach but if my job was on the line I would take Shuler. That’s not a diss on Dobbs at all. Kid was outstanding for us but maybe it’s because he underperformed in key losses as well as made miracles on the field and those performances are more recent. Dobbs was a double edged sword at times.
Dobbs had Bajakian the first two seasons and that’s a QB coach with NFL experience in the trade. And that GA is the current OC at Indiana and did a pretty good with their QBs the past few seasons.

Lol. He was a true freshmen who played injured. Keep loving JG who brought us our worst season in the history of our program and looked like garbage our last few games. I can throw five yard passes all game too and have a nice QBR.
I will never understand the fear paranoia...ever.

He stunk and now lost to a MWC QB. Just the facts. Maybe he finishes better, but he was nowhere near JG's level last year and no reason to think he is now.

JG has had one of the higher ADOTs in the league the past couple years. Throwing 5 yard passes is a weird myth that has persisted nonetheless from the legion.

What the hell does the Arizona Department of Transportation have to do with QB play?

Dobbs had Bajakian the first two seasons and that’s a QB coach with NFL experience in the trade. And that GA is the current OC at Indiana and did a pretty good with their QBs the past few seasons.
True... I still question whether it’s a smart decision if putting a grad assistant in charge of the most important position is good practice for success... for some reason to me that’s like an intern teaching a very successful day trader charts... just because the intern may become successful in the future is irrelevant.

True... I still question whether it’s a smart decision if putting a grad assistant in charge of the most important position is good practice for success... for some reason to me that’s like an intern teaching a very successful day trader charts... just because the intern may become successful in the future is irrelevant.
If he’s getting the teaching, I don’t care if it’s the waterboy. Cue Adam Sandler gif.

I lost all respect for the Raiders when they became the Las Vegas Raiders, Oakland Raiders, rip.
LA Raiders were around too. They have changed cities 3 times. Why lose respect now? Titans used to be Oilers too ofc. Nature of pro teams, I suppose. Baseball is absolutely littered with teams moving. Oh well.

So it wasn’t a report out of the Combine? Didn’t figure since I never heard of it. Maybe you were disappointed because of some amateur yahoo. Norv Turner wasn’t a great HC but he knew his QBs at least their physical qualifications. He doesn’t sign off on a “less than mediocre” arm with his first high pick.
No it was an NFL draft reported and I either heard it and the previous report on ESPN and/or USA Today since I read that paper everyday back then. It was not a yahoo , it was either a combine report or one or more NFL team evaluations.

NFL reports also said Manning had "happy feet"; NFL reports, also, almost led to Ryan Leaf being drafted before him. NFL reports also led to Ki-Jana Carter and Jamarcus Russell being drafted #1 overall...etc, and so forth.

Shame you bought into such a thing, when all you had to do was watch Shuler throw missiles each week while wearing orange. Thought you said you watched his games? Obviously a different Shuler than the rest of us were watching. Maybe you saw Benji throw a WR pass in a game, and are confused?
I thought Shuler had a good arm but the NFL is another level. The report about his arm strength was either a draft combine report or one or more team evaluations and reported in ESPN or USA Today. They were my sources of sports news back then.

You and your stupid analytics numbers...I hope JG plays well, but I don't give a crap what those numbers say, he absolutely stunk as a starter...against putrid, horrid secondaries.

I know you love that crap, but I don't. 😁
He was certainly a let down last year, just not nearly as bad as Hilinski and stil better than about half of the SEC. We saw firsthand Miss St's 2 garbage QBs, Hilinski, UK's non-qb, Vandy's trash, Mizzou's trash, etc. He could be a lot better, but we could be fielding a lot worse too.

I don't think we should be afraid of the crap QBs USCe is putting out there, no matter how much people want to pump them up!

Last edited:

@Devo182 bro!...JG isn’t the Oakland A’s and this isn’t money ball! So numbers just do not apply to him...you’ve gotta let that S**t go and open your eyes because that’s where the proof will be...dude is not good.what exactly have you seen in 3 years that tells you he’s good?...he had 4 Td passes his freshman year in college and threw for under 1000 yards for a whole season lol compare those stats with any freshman QB who plays a full season.

I thought Shuler had a good arm but the NFL is another level. The report about his arm strength was either a draft combine report or one or more team evaluations and reported in ESPN or USA Today. They were my sources of sports news back then.
Compared to Jamarcus Russell yes his arm was weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back