Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are CLEARLY the 2 best QBs in the 2018 NFL Draft

Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson look pretty good now don't they?
They do but I don't see Lamar holding up in this league. Maybe a year or two more but his frame will catch up with him. He's been excellent save a game here or there to this point though. He's certainly played as well as anyone consistently in the top tier of the league.

Last edited:
Sure do.

But hey at least you stopped being dumb enough to give an actual time frame and just throw out "eventually".

I would have liked for Dobbs career to have started off fast but I guess his story was always meant to start slow. Nonetheless I stand by my evaluation of his talent and am still 100% convinced he will have a LEGENDARY NFL career.

For now Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson ripping apart the NFL will do.

I would have liked for Dobbs career to have started off fast but I guess his story was always meant to start slow. Nonetheless I stand by my evaluation of his talent and am still 100% convinced he will have a LEGENDARY NFL career.

Anytime you're ready to actually back that up, you let me know.

He's already lost his avatar to that line of thought. Good luck with getting him to fall for any line in the sand scenario again.

I've already asked him repeatedly to name his amount, he ducks it every time.

Not to mention he already said 2 years ago if Dobbs wasn't an MVP candidate by the end of the 2019 season he'd admit he was wrong.

Dobbs may not be legendary but I believe he will do surprise whenever he gets that opportunity.

Dobbs may not be legendary but I believe he will do surprise whenever he gets that opportunity.
He’s been beat out by Mason Rudolph AND Gardner Minshew when opportunity was present. You could blame one coaching staff for oversight, but two indicates there’s something lacking.

Reactions: NashVol11
It makes no sense that Dobbs is a backup for teams like the Steelers. He should be backing up Lamar Jackson or Cam Newton or somebody like that. I don't think he's a star by any means, but he has not yet seen the system that will allow him to be his best.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
What opportunity has he not gotten? This is Year 4 for him.

I think you'd agree there are huge variances in opportunity at the position, based on a number of factors. I would say that Dobbs is getting the short end on that scale. The advantages you get by being a top pick are huge. You get first team reps. They build the offense around you. Then you get chance after chance in games to prove yourself. If you're Dobbs, you get reps with the scrubs, and then with no prep, they throw you into games for a total of 12 career attempts and we're supposed to judge him based on all that? Hell, we're not really sure if a guy is good or not until we've seen like 25 games. How many dudes look like garbage or look great for one year, and then totally do an about face? He's had opportunity but it's not much.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
He’s beenast beat out by Mason Rudolph AND Gardner Minshew when opportunity was present. You could blame one coaching staff for oversight, but two indicates there’s something lacking.
If he ever gets the opportunity to play in a few games we will know. I firmly believe Dobbs is a game day playmaker even though he may not look the part compared to other Qb’s polish. Rudolph is one example. I think if Dobbs would have played at Pittsburgh last year and received the snaps Rudolph did , the results would have been better. Purely hypothetical opinion on my part.

He’s been beat out by Mason Rudolph AND Gardner Minshew when opportunity was present. You could blame one coaching staff for oversight, but two indicates there’s something lacking.

OK, but beating out Minshew is not easy when you show up after the season starts and Minshew is actually good.

Not beating out Rudolph is bad, but it's a system meant for Rudolph and also, are we sure the Steelers have that one right?

OK, but beating out Minshew is not easy when you show up after the season starts and Minshew is actually good.

Not beating out Rudolph is bad, but it's a system meant for Rudolph and also, are we sure the Steelers have that one right?
Accomplished veteran beats out Minshew...at least initially. Can’t point out definite bad QB evaluation from Tomlin’s end...of course he inherited Roethlisberger.

I think you'd agree there are huge variances in opportunity at the position, based on a number of factors. I would say that Dobbs is getting the short end on that scale. The advantages you get by being a top pick are huge. You get first team reps. They build the offense around you. Then you get chance after chance in games to prove yourself. If you're Dobbs, you get reps with the scrubs, and then with no prep, they throw you into games for a total of 12 career attempts and we're supposed to judge him based on all that? Hell, we're not really sure if a guy is good or not until we've seen like 25 games. How many dudes look like garbage or look great for one year, and then totally do an about face? He's had opportunity but it's not much.

I mean sure but by this logic you can say this about literally almost every later round backup QB. Can Tyler Bray argue he's never gotten a shot, he's had like 4 snaps his whole career?

Last edited:

I don't know if the Steelers have that one right but Dobbs has been inactive the first 2 games. The only thing you can pretty definitively say is the Steelers think Dobbs is better than Hodges, or at the least they saw enough of Hodges to know he's never going to be an answer for them.

I mean sure but by this logic you can say this about literally almost every later round backup QB.

Yeah, that's partially the point. Some backups have better opportunities than others. Foles got hurt in the 1st quarter of Minshew's first game. The Eagles selected a nobody a few picks before Minshew. He could've been buried on their depth chart, and then the Eagles grab Hurts and we're all thinking Minshew's career must be over if he can't beat out McCown and drafted another QB (if we even think of him at all). But the way things shook out, he got drafted by the Jags and he's playing in week 1 of his rookie year. He's so lucky, but was also ready to capitalize because they weren't going to give him a whole season to develop if they didn't see results quickly.

Dobbs hasn't been that lucky (nor was he that good in his 12 attempts).

Didn't it take a barrage of injuries for Dobbs to get his shot with the Vols?

Maybe its just part of his story that it takes everyone ahead of him getting injured before the coaches give him his shot and then when he balls out, the fanbase will question why it took injuries for him to get a shot.

Keep betting against Dobbs. It will be a losing bet in the long run.

What opportunity has he not gotten? This is Year 4 for him.

He's only gotten 12 pass attempts in the regular season. That's no opportunity. Especially when you consider guys like Minshew only ever got chances to start because of injuries.

If Dobbs doesn't get traded to the Jags last year, there's a good chance he would have won the job in the regular season from Rudolph. Dobbs would have also gotten the Steelers into the playoffs. He just had bad luck going to the Jags during Minshew's Fitzmagic-esque hot streak.

Didn't it take a barrage of injuries for Dobbs to get his shot with the Vols?

Maybe its just part of his story that it takes everyone ahead of him getting injured before the coaches give him his shot and then when he balls out, the fanbase will question why it took injuries for him to get a shot.

Keep betting against Dobbs. It will be a losing bet in the long run.
Barrage...consecutive season ending injuries to Worley...whatevs. Foles got injured last season...story didn’t begin. Rothlisberger got injured in season’s past and Dobbs didn’t get the nod. I don’t think I can find a line in Vegas for Dobbs these days.

VN Store

Back