Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are CLEARLY the 2 best QBs in the 2018 NFL Draft

Didn't it take a barrage of injuries for Dobbs to get his shot with the Vols?

Maybe its just part of his story that it takes everyone ahead of him getting injured before the coaches give him his shot and then when he balls out, the fanbase will question why it took injuries for him to get a shot.

Keep betting against Dobbs. It will be a losing bet in the long run.

Yeah....didn't take 4 years though.

We aren't betting, because you're too scared to actually put anything of substance on your "prediction" that has moved about 15 times now.

He's only gotten 12 pass attempts in the regular season. That's no opportunity. Especially when you consider guys like Minshew only ever got chances to start because of injuries.

If Dobbs doesn't get traded to the Jags last year, there's a good chance he would have won the job in the regular season from Rudolph. Dobbs would have also gotten the Steelers into the playoffs. He just had bad luck going to the Jags during Minshew's Fitzmagic-esque hot streak.

Bray's only gotten 4 snaps his whole career, I guess I can declare he'd be a HOFer if he'd gotten a chance.

If and buts, candy and nuts. Weird how it's always something with this magical, NFL HOF career that just can't seem to get started huh? Also weird that the Steelers would keep this HOFer inactive.

Wake me up when you want to grow a pair and actually put something of substance up instead of this can kicking.

Reactions: vols 30
Accomplished veteran beats out Minshew...at least initially. Can’t point out definite bad QB evaluation from Tomlin’s end...of course he inherited Roethlisberger.

But it wasn’t exactly initial, Minshew had already played and played well when they traded for Dobbs.

Still, Jacksonville eventually cut him, so the point stands that their coaches apparently didn’t love him either

This was a good call, at least if you ignore the stuff in the OP about Darnold. Right now it’s hard to argue that these were the draft’s two best QBs, and by a decent margin.

This was a good call, at least if you ignore the stuff in the OP about Darnold. Right now it’s hard to argue that these were the draft’s two best QBs, and by a decent margin.

I actually still think Darnold will be good. The Jets situation is just awful. If he was on the Browns instead of Mayfield, he would look a lot better.

But it wasn’t exactly initial, Minshew had already played and played well when they traded for Dobbs.

Still, Jacksonville eventually cut him, so the point stands that their coaches apparently didn’t love him either
In preseason. Budding superstar just needing that opportunity beats out a 6th rounder.

I wonder why @KBVol is avoiding this thread like the plague? He had no problem flaunting around here when he thought he was right.

I wonder where he is now on Lamar Jackson & Josh Allen versus Baker Mayfield?

I wonder why @KBVol is avoiding this thread like the plague? He had no problem flaunting around here when he thought he was right.

I wonder where he is now on Lamar Jackson & Josh Allen versus Baker Mayfield?
This is why we’re going to be asking where you went...like the first time. 😎

Minshew was 22/25 in Week 1 before they traded for Dobbs, it wasn’t preseason
Yeah I’m wrong on that. Should Minshew have been an entrenched starter with a “generational talent” arriving?

This is why we’re going to be asking where you went...like the first time. 😎

I was banned. You should know by now I don't run away from debate.

I actually thought the ban was permanent which is why I stopped checking up on this site until one day I accidently logged in and saw I was no longer banned.

Reactions: NashVol11
I was banned. You should know by now I don't run away from debate.

I actually thought the ban was permanent which is why I stopped checking up on this site until one day I accidently logged in and saw I was no longer banned.
I know the story. Had a similar one myself. When you get ridiculous it can happen again.

Nash isn't saying he's a generational talent. There is a middle ground between generational talent and he's not good

What’s gonna be interesting is I think that 56 worst teams (Giants, Lions, Jets, Bengals and Dolphins...Panthers would probably take a QB) all have young starters or in the Lions case an established starter. It the “franchise QB draft” you might see a ton of moving.

What’s gonna be interesting is I think that 56 worst teams (Giants, Lions, Jets, Bengals and Dolphins...Panthers would probably take a QB) all have young starters or in the Lions case an established starter. It the “franchise QB draft” you might see a ton of moving.

I'm so interested in this draft. I'm typically the guy who says trade back, though in certain instances I say no or IDK*. This year, 100% I would trade back from Lawrence and/or Fields to get Lance.

*Burrow, Murray, Luck are the ones I remember, because I was kinda right about them, and I've probably forgotten the ones I was wrong about, LOL

Nash isn't saying he's a generational talent. There is a middle ground between generational talent and he's not good
He was responding to me and my disagreement with D4H. You familiar with his assessment of Dobbs?

He was responding to me and my disagreement with D4H. You familiar with his assessment of Dobbs?

I was just pointing out that Minshew did have a head start. I think he's better than Dobbs anyway and also mentioned that Dobbs got cut by the Jaguars, so I'm not in the "generational talent" camp

I was just pointing out that Minshew did have a head start. I think he's better than Dobbs anyway and also mentioned that Dobbs got cut by the Jaguars, so I'm not in the "generational talent" camp
Yeah I was wrong on the timing and acknowledged it.

Looking back over his time at WSU, this is who Minshew is. He's going to put up some great performances mixed in with some real stinkers.

You thought he stunk? He was without his best weapon and under constant pressure and they moved the ball. I'm not saying he played great, but it's not worth calling out as a bad performance. He's young, and even if you're experienced and good, you still have games like this. Carson Wentz just had a worse than this and he's in his 5th year.

Last edited:
You thought he stunk? He was without his best weapon and under constant pressure and they moved the ball. I'm not saying he played great, but it's not worth calling out as a bad performance. He's young, and even if you're experienced and good, you still have games like this. Carson Wentz just had a worse than this and he's in his 5th year.

Pressure had him rattled. Most frustrating thing in the Titans game was their inability to put any meaningful pressure on him which allowed him to play well.

Pressure had him rattled. Most frustrating thing in the Titans game was their inability to put any meaningful pressure on him which allowed him to play well.

I just look at him like he's clearly the 2nd best QB right now in a sophomore QB class that has potential (Murray, Minshew, Jones, Lock, Haskins). I don't expect him to be a superstar, but I think he'll have a good career.

VN Store

Back