Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has passed away

Garland was way to radical to replace Scalia but replacing RGB would be putting a more conservative on the bench.

But here is the thing, I see a couple conservative judges retiring over the next couple years so if he took the opportunity to put another conservative on the bench I would understand.

I don't see any conservatives retiring if Biden/Harris are in the WH

Reactions: AM64
McAfee is blocking almost all the linked material that is being posted in this thread. Is it just me, or are others getting the same?

He is also in a surprisingly close race where his opponent has outraised him. He probably doesn't want a vote before the election either.

In a conservative state like South Carolina, his vote to appoint a SC justice will benefit him politically not harm him. Colorado is a different story and I suspect Gardner knows that and will vote to appoint simply because he will be a lame duck senator. You are naive if you think senators won’t vote to approve because it is perceived to be unfair to the other party

Reactions: AM64 and BigOrangeD
Collins in Maine and McSally in Arizona are toast no matter what, so they might as well go ahead and vote to confirm... a loss is a loss. Corey Gardner in Colorado stands the most to lose if Trump and McConnell do go forward with a vote before the election. He has a chance against Hickenlooper, but there is no way he wants to defend this vote before the election.
They can conceivably get a confirmation with 47 votes if the rest abstain from voting. Pence can be the deciding vote.

Collins in Maine and McSally in Arizona are toast no matter what, so they might as well go ahead and vote to confirm... a loss is a loss. Corey Gardner in Colorado stands the most to lose if Trump and McConnell do go forward with a vote before the election. He has a chance against Hickenlooper, but there is no way he wants to defend this vote before the election.

I think most non partisan voters don't care one way or another.

Reactions: BigOrangeD

Not sure about your election analysis on Collins, she is as moderate as they come and Gardner has no shot at being re-elected. You are trying to persuade yourself that he couldn’t possibly vote to approve but you are forgetting that there is plenty of time to approve after the election

I think most non partisan voters don't care one way or another.
Agree. Many are for police, against rioting, and just want the economy to improve which it's doing extremely well all things considered. Many were saying 20% unemployment by now.

Agree. Many are for police, against rioting, and just want the economy to improve which it's doing extremely well all things considered. Many were saying 20% unemployment by now.

People that were going to vote for Gardner or any other election and will not if they vote on confirmation...not buying it.

Not sure about your election analysis on Collins, she is as moderate as they come and Gardner has no shot at being re-elected. You are trying to persuade yourself that he couldn’t possibly vote to approve but you are forgetting that there is plenty of time to approve after the election
I haven't said that at all. Sara Gideon leads Collins by 12 points in the latest Quinnipiac poll. Collins isn't as moderate as they come... that's ridiculous. She has voted with Trump too many times, and it has caught up with her.

So you believe that free and fair elections are no longer possible in the United States huh.

Nice.
Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

Both sides will have their shenanigans in place to try to swing the election in their favor. The Democrats will be much more aggressive this go around due to their complacency and underestimating American voter frustration in 2016.

I haven't said that at all. Sara Gideon leads Collins by 12 points in the latest Quinnipiac poll. Collins isn't as moderate as they come... that's ridiculous. She has voted with Trump too many times, and it has caught up with her.
She's within 4 to 5 realistically. She still has a chance to win. Will depend on turnout.

You love quoting outlier polls that show the biggest leads which isn’t remotely how it works. I know how much you love polls but the latest poll in Maine is by the NYT and she is down by 5. It has consistently been a 3-4 point race. I don’t know why you set yourself up for disappointment

McAfee on my home computer has been blocking the pop up ads that appear at the top of the forum once in a while. Started a week or so ago.
I assume it is source-based. I have no problem with the various gifs and videos that are embedded and linked in the Zone.

Who is the most despicable person qualified Trump will nominate?
I'm sure he'll find someone who laments that we went from the horse and buggy to the automobile and that all these black and brown people get to vote now.

They can conceivably get a confirmation with 47 votes if the rest abstain from voting. Pence can be the deciding vote.

McConnell needs to get to work and see if he'll have enough support to stomach this fight before they go forward with naming a nominee. If they don't have 50 Senators then it's best not to even open up the can of worms

Reactions: evillawyer

VN Store

Back