'21 GA RB Cody Brown

Everyone is forgets Gurley, Ezekiel, Chubb, and Michel.. all 225lbs or more and considered large backs and all highly skilled even in the pass game whether catching or blocking. They will always be needed. DH is just terrifying and unnatural. 247 pounds and moves like is just phenomenal.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
An SEC running back has to be able to out run an SEC DE. From this kid's highlights, it didn't seem like he had that quick of a burst and 4.69 isn't blazing by an means. Just seems to be a strong athlete who can break high school defenders' tackles. I hope I am wrong but I am not sure he will be the superstar we are all hoping for.
Go Vols!
He won't be breaking tackles. He'll be making them! Lots of them.

Man, whatever u are smoking, pass it my way, it must be some of that "wedding cake". CB7 is not Banks, he's a true RB and will stay there, imo. Of course, I still think Banks is a better RB than LB, so what do I know ?

UT has been doing it for years. Rb into Lb.
Eric Westmoreland
Eddie Moore
Dominate Stevenson
Al Wilson
JRM
Q Crouch (now)
J Banks (now)
A Beasley ( Now)

Not sure Cody is a better RB than Crouch or Banks was.

So he’s going to beat out all of the stud linebacker commits who already play the position?
No need for him to start day one. We'll still have Banks, Beasley, Eason.
Can he beat out Lewis, or Willis? Yes.
I think he can.

We need at least 3-4 good ILBs anyway in a regular rotation. They will all play.

Eric Westmoreland
Eddie Moore
Dominate Stevenson
Al Wilson
JRM
Q Crouch (now)
J Banks (now)
A Beasley ( Now)

I know this, man, but CB7 is a RB, once again, imo. We will see and btw, although Al Wilson was an All-American high school RB, he was recruited to UT to play safety

Eric Westmoreland
Eddie Moore
Dominate Stevenson
Al Wilson
JRM
Q Crouch (now)
J Banks (now)
A Beasley ( Now)

Crouch picked UT because Pruitt projected him as a LB. Beasley was also recruited for defense. Banks is a product of his first recruiting class. Now he’s recruiting top players at their high school positions. The Perry’s of the world can be fitted on need but stars of the class aren’t going to be experiments. And this isn’t 90’s Vols and Pruitt/Ansley ain’t Chavis. They didn’t even have the star system and player camps in the Westmoreland/Moore/Stevenson days. When they landed a Jamal Lewis/Travis Henry/Cedric Houston/Gerald Riggs...guess where they played?

No need for him to start day one. We'll still have Banks, Beasley, Eason.
Can he beat out Lewis, or Willis? Yes.
I think he can.

We need at least 3-4 good ILBs anyway in a regular rotation. They will all play.
I don’t think he can or that he will be placed in such a situation.

Crouch picked UT because Pruitt projected him as a LB. Beasley was also recruited for defense. Banks is a product of his first recruiting class. Now he’s recruiting top players at their high school positions. The Perry’s of the world can be fitted on need but stars of the class aren’t going to be experiments. And this isn’t 90’s Vols and Pruitt/Ansley ain’t Chavis. They didn’t even have the star system and player camps in the Westmoreland/Moore/Stevenson days. When they landed a Jamal Lewis/Travis Henry/Cedric Houston/Gerald Riggs...guess where they played?
True, but look who they had at LB those years. Didn't need to change anyone to that. And all those guys are better RBs than Cody Brown. Riggs, Houston, Lewis, Henry.
Crouch was a better RB.
Banks was probably better too.
Cody is really tough, strong athletic guy with good quickness for his size. I think he's a good RB. But a much better LB prospect. Cody can't get the edge. He would just be a short yardage back and change of pace.

Some guys just know how to tailback. This is one of those guys. At worst he's Benny Snell, at best he's Zeke. Either way, we feed him a lot over his career.
So, his floor, as a HS SR should be a top-20 ALL TIME SEC rusher?!? 😁😂🤣😃 talk about expectations. Dang bruh he's like 17 rn...let's slow down and let him be him. Like people throwin heaps on HB. He ain't Peyton, because nobody is. He's his own man too. Settle in and enjoy them for who they are. Everyone is unique

I know this, man, but CB7 is a RB, once again, imo. We will see and btw, although Al Wilson was an All-American high school RB, he was recruited to UT to play safety
Wilson was All-American at LB and recruited to play that position.

True, but look who they had at LB those years. Didn't need to change anyone to that. And all those guys are better RBs than Cody Brown. Riggs, Houston, Lewis, Henry.
Crouch was a better RB.
Banks was probably better too.
Cody is really tough, strong athletic guy with good quickness for his size. I think he's a good RB. But a much better LB prospect. Cody can't get the edge. He would just be a short yardage back and change of pace.
He’s more than fast enough. You’ve just gotten yourself hitched to the idea.

So, his floor, as a HS SR should be a top-20 ALL TIME SEC rusher?!? 😁😂🤣😃 talk about expectations. Dang bruh he's like 17 rn...let's slow down and let him be him. Like people throwin heaps on HB. He ain't Peyton, because nobody is. He's his own man too. Settle in and enjoy them for who they are. Everyone is unique
Why do you care so much about expectations of others?

Love ya as a poster, but wedding cake isn’t anything special.
Unless I got it confused with something else, it's the best I've had, lately. But, I was stoned, so who knows, my man called it "wedding crashers", too. But, he was also stoned, so who knows. Am I repeating myself ? Deja Vu, all over again. Damn, short-term memory loss. Well, I do know one thing, CB7 is a RB

Eric Westmoreland
Eddie Moore
Dominate Stevenson
Al Wilson
JRM
Q Crouch (now)
J Banks (now)
A Beasley ( Now)

Exactly one of those was originally recruited to play RB. Just because a guy played RB in high school doesn't mean that is his recruited position. Several of them probably played basketball in high school too, but we didn't suddenly try to make them point guards. Your hard opinions centered on projecting unnecessary position changes is odd.

Exactly one of those was originally recruited to play RB. Just because a guy played RB in high school doesn't mean that is his recruited position. Several of them probably played basketball in high school too, but we didn't suddenly try to make them point guards. Your hard opinions centered on projecting unnecessary position changes is odd.
And opinions on lots of things but to each his own 🤷‍♂️

Wilson was All-American at LB and recruited to play that position.
No, he wasn't, there's an article in the Greeneville Sun, where Wilson says he was getting toasted at safety and Chavis talked to him and moved him to LB. I tried to download it, but somehow I effed it up. But I can give u an exact date and article name if u want it ?

VN Store

Back