Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all wanna hear a wild stat?

Since 2005 (15 seasons), we have only finished in the top half of the SEC in rush yards twice. Both were under Butch Jones.
Past 3 years have been horrendous. Tough for any offense when our rush attack is dead last 2 straight years and 1 spot better last year. Poor rushing has been a constant here for too long. Either get a running QB to fix what ails you, like Dobbs, or get beef on the line, which is the route we've gone. Hopefully Salter or Ty can bring us both.

Last edited:
And honestly they should’ve had it on tonight for mnf

I would think it was a contractual issue. I think Fox can protect some games. NBC has also paid more (not overall) for their minimal coverage to broadcast bigger games. I don't think MNF has done well the last few years, but matchups could be a part of that.

We have also only finished in the top half of the SEC in rushing defense twice since 2005.

That's wild. Rushing offense and rushing defense wins championships in the SEC
I'll fade that stat just slightly, because we were 4th in rush D ypc last year, but 9th overall only because we happened to face the 3rd most run attempts/game. That area is definitely improving.

Reactions: Catbone
That's always difficult for a P5 team when you have teams like Army, Navy, GSU, etc. whose offense is based on the run. In 2015, we were 20th overall in rushing and 52nd in overall offense. Only 7 behind Alabama, who won the national title. That year really was a season of a few plays. If we stop OU and UF on key plays, we probably go 11-1.
Bingo. Exactly why efficiency stats are better. Otherwise triple option teams appear to be the greatest rushing teams ever and Washington St and Texas Tech the greatest passing teams. It's quantity over quality.

Reactions: VolGee4
I feel like Brumbaugh is not recruiting worth a crap. There isn't any momentum with the DLine prospects, and has yet to be since his arrival. I hope he can coach, because we got rid of Rock for this, and it isn't looking good yet.

I'll fade that stat just slightly, because we were 4th in rush D ypc last year, but 9th overall only because we happened to face the 3rd most run attempts/game. That area is definitely improving.
Yes I have no doubts we will be a great team on defense in time. We need a QB to take the next step!

Reactions: Devo182
I feel like Brumbaugh is not recruiting worth a crap. There isn't any momentum with the DLine prospects, and has yet to be since his arrival. I hope he can coach, because we got rid of Rock for this, and it isn't looking good yet.
giphy.gif

I thought I’ve seen several prospects mentioned him as a factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back