Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall TV ratings are actually down anyway, but it didn't help the first P5 college game was happening simultaneously, along with a big nba playoff game, and NHL game. That's obviously a first for an NFL opener. They should probably be happy with the share they did get. Too many events for too few eyes, I think that is the definition of deflation.

"With all that on-field action, and coming off disappointing ratings of the NFL season kickoff on September 10, the league and the Comcast-owned network were looking for a win themselves this football packed weekend.

Even with the usual ratings gold of Jerry Jones’ team on the field, the NFL and NBC didn’t get that win – at least not in the early numbers. Despite two teams with big national followings, SNF snared a 4.7 in early ratings among adults 18-49 and 14.81 million viewers last night.

In numbers certain to change, that’s a fall of 28% in the demo and a hard decline of 23% in sets of eyeballs from the early numbers of the the September 8, 2019 SNF season debut. While the early Nielsen data lacks West Coast numbers — kind of important when you have a team from the Los Angeles market in the mix — his result is going to be hard pill for the NFL and NBC to swallow.
To add further context, last year’s opener, a 33-3 pummeling of the Pittsburgh Steelers by then reigning Super Bowl champs the New England Patriots, went on to pull in an audience of 22.2 million on NBC, which was pretty much even with SNF’s 2018 season premiere. That 2019 figure inched up to 22.7 million when digital platform viewing was added in."

-Deadline

The old tube-style TVs. Heavy as hell and bulky.

crtphoto-1024x683.jpg

The more modern ones are prized by classic gamers because they are superior to LCD panels for playing the older consoles. They don't make them anymore so they are going up in price.
So, if I have a 27-28" flat front CRT tv in very good working condition, it may actually be worth something?

Reactions: MSME Vol
Then I had a perfectly working great big Sony CRT that I literally gave away two years ago to a thrift store for nothing...if I had known I could get some money out of it, I would have held on to it.

Same. I had a 34" HD model that weighed about 200 lbs and I gave it to the guys who replaced my carpets just so they would carry it off.

Y'all wanna hear a wild stat?

Since 2005 (15 seasons), we have only finished in the top half of the SEC in rush yards twice. Both were under Butch Jones.

Dobbs, Kamara, and Hurd should have been finishing in the top 10 in the nation in rush yards.

That's always difficult for a P5 team when you have teams like Army, Navy, GSU, etc. whose offense is based on the run. In 2015, we were 20th overall in rushing and 52nd in overall offense. Only 7 behind Alabama, who won the national title. That year really was a season of a few plays. If we stop OU and UF on key plays, we probably go 11-1.

That's always difficult for a P5 team when you have teams like Army, Navy, GSU, etc. whose offense is based on the run. In 2015, we were 20th overall in rushing and 52nd in overall offense. Only 7 behind Alabama, who won the national title. That year really was a season of a few plays. If we stop OU and UF on key plays, we probably go 11-1.
That 2015 season just sticks in my craw. More than 2016. It was all right there in front of us.

Reactions: VolGee4
That 2015 season just sticks in my craw. More than 2016. It was all right there in front of us.

And while Butch certainly deserves some criticism for it, there were other things that contributed: Hurd fumbling for a big loss after an INT in the 2nd half against OU, Medley missing the FG against OU, Ellis dropping a sure TD against OU, Maggitt injury against OU, PI call when ball was clearly uncatchable in 4th quarter against OU, five! 4th down plays that we couldn't stop against UF. Any of those that are different outcomes, and we win. They are all so clear in my mind that I can spout them off.

And while Butch certainly deserves some criticism for it, there were other things that contributed: Hurd fumbling for a big loss after an INT in the 2nd half against OU, Medley missing the FG against OU, Ellis dropping a sure TD against OU, Maggitt injury against OU, PI call when ball was clearly uncatchable in 4th quarter against OU, five! 4th down plays that we couldn't stop against UF. Any of those that are different outcomes, and we win. They are all so clear in my mind that I can spout them off.

Remembering the Butch Era leads to nothing but gnashing of teeth and kicking holes in walls. Like how we should have run off a 4 game winning streak against the Gators from 2014-2017.

"With all that on-field action, and coming off disappointing ratings of the NFL season kickoff on September 10, the league and the Comcast-owned network were looking for a win themselves this football packed weekend.

Even with the usual ratings gold of Jerry Jones’ team on the field, the NFL and NBC didn’t get that win – at least not in the early numbers. Despite two teams with big national followings, SNF snared a 4.7 in early ratings among adults 18-49 and 14.81 million viewers last night.

In numbers certain to change, that’s a fall of 28% in the demo and a hard decline of 23% in sets of eyeballs from the early numbers of the the September 8, 2019 SNF season debut. While the early Nielsen data lacks West Coast numbers — kind of important when you have a team from the Los Angeles market in the mix — his result is going to be hard pill for the NFL and NBC to swallow.
To add further context, last year’s opener, a 33-3 pummeling of the Pittsburgh Steelers by then reigning Super Bowl champs the New England Patriots, went on to pull in an audience of 22.2 million on NBC, which was pretty much even with SNF’s 2018 season premiere. That 2019 figure inched up to 22.7 million when digital platform viewing was added in."

-Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back