Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite Juice Wrld (R.I.P.) young, and sure not Neil Peart (R.I.P.) young, but still far too young.

Another year of losing great musicians far too early, unfortunately one thing not unique to 2020.
Agreed. I'm a sucker for a clever line, which is why "Maybe a Moment" is my favorite song of his:

"So think about it, but baby don't take too much time,
Maybe only a moment, maybe the time of your life."

Reactions: Devo182
Let the QB controversy commence.
Shrout vs HB for #2 could be interesting, though I am still pulling for Maurer. Love his ability to run. Shrout can extend plays and is good in the pocket, but Maurer can take off for a 30 yard run, not sure any other QB on the roster can.

Last edited:
Without Dobbs there’s no “DobbNailBoot” or ending the losing streak against to Florida.Dobbs won us some really big games down the stretch and brought some relevance to the university.He was labeled a “dual threat” not a pro style even with horrible accuracy he served his purpose with his legs.JG can’t seem to do any of those things The 4 years he’s been here so what exactly am I missing here.👀

View attachment 301927

I'm not really sure what your point is. I don't disagree. Dobbs was, overall, a very successful QB and gave Tennessee some great moments. He wasn't an elite passer and his inability to see open receivers was a major reason for that. My post isn't inaccurate because yours is accurate.

Never thought I would see the day where Minnesota and Cincinnati are both ranked higher than the Vols.
Minne-who? Oh! You tawkin' that team with the used car sales coach? My buddy's a WMU fan. Talk about the Florida Gators of the MAC! Luckiest team ive ever seen. Always a battle between them and CMU for Michigan Trophy, fortunately CMU usually comes out on winning side.

Here's a funny one. Somebody told me once that there's another school, in Lansing?! Eastern something, lol.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Why did AP leave the BIG and PAC in the poll. Are they going to leave them in the whole season?
Honestly, there's no good way to do it.

And will the SEC-ACC-BIG12 be in the Spring poll? Watching us float around during the Spring will be really weird.

Though, unless we can win the East, it will all be pretty meaningless anyway. So, we should just go and do that 😁

I can't imagine bowl games will happen. Even a playoff would seem unlikely with Fall players going to the combine/draft, no games in 4 months, etc. Everything else has a Mcgwire sized asterik sitting over it.

Last edited:
247 guys said VJJ should still be viewed as a legit option as well in the rotation and would sub in Brandon Johnson for Gibbs as of now. Hyatt too good to keep out of the starting 3, though still learning ofc.

Mentioned it was not in pads or a full scrimmage, just a regular 11 on 11 part of practice...making 4 TDs even crazier 😃
Is it just me or did anyone else read this as Va Jay Jay?

AP Top 25 poll reactions: Why Auburn, Oklahoma State are overrated in first college football rankings

“Underrated: No. 25 Tennessee

I pegged the Vols as an underrated team in my Coaches Poll reactions because they were unranked. Well, they cracked the top 25 of the AP Top 25 poll, but they should still be higher.

If we look at the teams in the poll ranked higher than Tennessee planning to play this fall, we see No. 23 Iowa State, No. 21 UCF and No. 20 Cincinnati directly above them. UCF and Cincinnati I'm not going to quibble with. The Bearcats won 11 games last season, and UCF has been a Group of Five powerhouse for a few years now.

Iowa State went 7-6 last year and was 5-4 in the Big 12. Tennessee was 8-5 and went 5-3 in the SEC. So not only did Tennessee have a better record, but it achieved that record in the more difficult conference.

I have nothing against Iowa State, and I fully understand why people are high on it every year. But the Cyclones haven't quite lived up to those expectations yet. They began last season at No. 21 and finished the year unranked. Iowa State hasn't finished any season ranked in the AP Top 25 poll since 2000 when it was No. 25. While I would bet a lot of money that streak ends this season (the AP will not continue ranking teams who aren't playing), I would also bet that Tennessee finishes higher.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back