0-0 Ole Miss
0-0 South Carolina
0-0 Tennessee
0-0 Texas A&M
0-0 Vanderbilt

“Well looky there, look who finished atop the rankings! We’re #1!”

-Alabama, unaware of alphabetical sorting
(Probably)

Yea!..that’s where I’m at with it honestly after what he did at bama there is just no way for me as a sports fanatic and someone who has played sports ever be able to cheer him on or support him...say what you want about me as a person but that dude is selfish,he would have never played another down for any coach before Pruitt.especially Fulmer and majors and if I was his teammate,no apology would have saved him from getting his ass beat...

I mean how long has it been since we have had bama in that kind of vulnerable position to where we had a good fighting chance to beat them?...imagine the bowl we would have gotten,the recruits we wouldn’t have missed on and the hype tennessee football would have had coming into this season?...it would have litterally been the “shot in the arm” This university has needed for so long.the fans have been foaming at the mouth for a moment like that and we deserve it...Jg just makes it so hard dude.
No way u can ever cheer for JG?? Who could ever imagine a person who NEVER misses an opportunity to go down this road would feel this way..

I’m just going to write it all weekend, SEC is so corrupt and it’s so freaking obvious. Are we all going to just sit and take it? SEC steals whoever’s lunch money they want. I think the rest of us need to #notwatchSEC other than Tennessee until they fix this crap.
It's corrupt yes. But they take care of the whiniest little bitches because Sankey is a gutless little bitch himself.

Just read coaches will be required to wear masks on sideline during games. How hot will that be for day games early???

Also half the fun of our games is Pruitt’s facial expressions and reading his lips when he screams at JG.
With all the protective measures they better schedule early season games as night games. Of course the dollar will rule so they will have daytime games in the heat of the day.

To be fair though, we kinda made our own bed with our play over now an embarrassing length of time. We just haven’t provided the SEC with a chance of a national championship game in an eternity. The SEC wants more titles and money. It’s all about the money at the end of the day and we haven’t been financially helpful to the SEC in a looong time. Trying to look at it from a different perspective. Arkansas was probably going to win 3-4 games anyway this year so from a financial perspective giving them an easy schedule would probably be meaningless for the conference. It’s still pretty damning and blatantly obvious the route the SEC decided to take here. They could’ve at least tried to hide their intentions a little better.
Not buying it.

Great opportunity for the program and there isn’t a single team JP doesn’t think we can’t beat this year. These games are great for recruiting as well.
Yeah the bright side to these games is that if we weren’t going to win the East this year it’s not going to matter much what our record is (but rather who we beat) and this gives us two more opportunities for ranked wins. The only way you can sell that we are back to being in the hunt for championships is by beating ranked teams (something we haven’t done consistently in a long time). One of my big concerns for this season was that we would lose all of the big games and not show substantial progress to recruits. Now we have five opportunities to make a statement and winning two will probably catapult us to a top 5 class (finish) this year and set us up for the same next year. We won’t be consistently competing for the SEC until we start landing classes like that back to back.

Just read coaches will be required to wear masks on sideline during games. How hot will that be for day games early???

Also half the fun of our games is Pruitt’s facial expressions and reading his lips when he screams at JG.
I don’t understand this measure. Outside of officials who would a coach be coming in contact with on the sideline they hadn’t been around in close proximity for WEEKS already?

I’m probably missing something.

I haven’t posted in a while in this forum, but have some thoughts. I say they left someone off our schedule. They left off LSU. We need to fix that and meet them in Atlanta!

Now, with that being said the corruption of the SEC was on full display last night. The manner in which they set up the season is 100% nonsensical. It simply took every team by preseason hype and seeded them. How anyone can be seeded off preseason anything is ridiculous.

Ultimately it doesn’t matter. These things work themselves out. I know I’ve rooted for a lower seed to come in and play my team at a higher seed because we have a better chance of advancing. Example last year when my Tampa lightning faced Columbus. Well, I got what I wanted and got swept out of the playoffs despite a record-breaking season. Remember us all happy to be facing Loyola in the NCAA three years ago? Welp. We’ll be OK. You never know how the virus or injuries can change an entire team on your schedule and cause them to go from world beaters to crap.

Would it be a viable strategy to encourage certain players to sit out for the year to build more depth for the coming seasons?

As long as the SEC office is where it is - yeah, we know.

This is nothing but a practice season IMO. It will tell us how we stack up against the best in the SEC. After it's through there can be no legitimate reason not to know how to complete the roster, adjust the coaching staff, and design the schemes. Starting with Year 4, Jeremy is on the clock. He gets a pass from me on Year 3 unless he stays leashed to JG if he tanks the offense. No way to tell who will be affected by the COVID. If the season does happen and goes the full schedule, now would be a good time to show the SEC some old time Tennessee kick azz.

Phil has work to do in Birmingham. Even if COVID kills the season, Phil still has work to do in Birmingham. Enough with their garbage. Shine some light on the corruption, Phil. You've done it before and your legacy will only be enhanced where it matters - at UT with Vol fans.

Would it be a viable strategy to encourage certain players to sit out for the year to build more depth for the coming seasons?

Good observation, Cat. My initial reaction is yes. Guys on the bubble of playing with good upside should be RS's. The SEC just told us we don't care about you. So build up the troops for a major war in 2021 IMO.

Im not a religious mask wearer, but went to the Home Depot the other day with my 8 yr old son and we both wore one and both liked to have suffocated. Wearing a mask sucks. It’ll be tough on the coaches on hot days

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back